Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #31  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

So close to getting out of the 130s. 130.3 this morning and wearing my "skinny" pants for the first time in weeks. And somehow my chronic "never pooping" condition has reversed itself - I'm going daily, sometimes more than once a day. Calories are averaging 1500ish per day, I'm not counting strictly but I have cut out junk food and most carbs and find it really easy to stick to plan. My arms are getting flabby though, need to rectify that.

The mood is a positive one this morning - not coincidentally it is Friday, the first non-rainy day in a week, and I'm still riding high from making myself jog outside before work. I went a pretty sloth-like 5-6km with a ton of "ugh I have to walk" in there, but I did it.

The Star Trek addiction continues. I have started using Data's idiosyncracies in real life speech.

Born This Way - I am SO happy to hear you're feeling good about your body; I was a little worried about you for a while there. It is hard to keep food and exercise on point at the same time!

lackadaisy - How many calories are you eating at "maintenance?" It's great to see you're finding happiness at 119. I think it's most important to be OK with yourself at a weight where you don't have to rack your brain constantly to stay there for a while.

Dorian5 - I'm so sorry about the skin situation, I have eczema on the back of my neck and people always comment on it thinking it's a hickey. Where will you go after this job is over? Also everyone has gains/stalls - I hope you see something good on your "official" weigh-in, but even if you don't, you can still own your loss by following the advice you gave to louisvillebee

louisvillebee - Welcome! I'm not sure what I'd suggest; depends on how "starving" you really feel. If it's the light-headed "too little energy to work out" kind of feeling, you probably are too hungry. How much are you exercising? You might still be able to lose steadily at higher calories; why is 1350 the magic number?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Hello Feathers!

Happy Friday the 13th!

So I am feeling very discouraged today. I started Monday "dieting" again instead of intuitively eating and have done decent. And this morning I weigh more!!! This has never happend. I usually bounce back very quickly and lose very fast. But for some reason its not kicking in. Has this every happend to anyone? I am hoping its becuase my period might be coming? Im not sure when I had my last one but I would imagine its coming soon. I really hope thats it. I cant belive I let myself fall off the wagon so bad Please tell me this has happend to you feathers before. Have you ever not lost in the first week?

Krampus So good to be back and reading your posts again! You always give me such inspiration because we are so similar in our lifestyles/stats! When you say youve been eating "lower carb" how many are you talking about?

Dorian Impressive how fast you lost the water weight! You are in the 120's officially!! Thats awesome. I cant wait to be back in the 120's. I miss them :/

Bornthisway 119 is small!! How tall are you?

Minifluffy Love your patient attitude towards weight loss. Anyone who has "dieted" or lost weight knows it HAS to be a lifestyle, otherwise you gain it all back and its pure fat!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited by Dianne042425; 05-13-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Hi all. I weighed 127.8lbs this morning after lots of water and careful, clean eating yesterday. Woohoo! So now that I've pried off that ridiculous water retention/overeating that I did last weekend, I'm back where I started 2 Fridays ago. I have GOT to keep up the momentum over this weekend instead of just eating and eating so that I can be lower next Friday.

I'm feeling pretty good today, wearing my sexy jeans with no muffin top and my boobs aren't trying to suffocate me. And since it's Friday the 13th, I'm wearing one of my favorite shirts -- a pink babydoll shirt that has Jason Voorhees on it (hockey mask guy from Friday the 13th movies) and says "HEART THROB" across the front. The back says "Mrs. Voorhees" - lol! I'm a horror movie buff, so I had to buy this shirt when I saw it.

On a side note, I ate a totally unhealthy breakfast, but it's because I FINALLY found a Hostess snack cake that I had been searching for since 2010. I could NOT find Hostess Sno Balls anywhere here -- but when I walked into a gas station today I FOUND SOME! OMG. So each one is 220 calories, there are 2 in a pack -- I just had one for breakfast. I will be hungry in an hour, but it's worth it to me for today.

---

krampus - I'm unfortunately keeping this job for now, I just meant yesterday that it was almost time to leave for the day. My face is looking clearer today, but I know what you mean about looking like you have a hickey! I don't have eczema, but I'm allergic to nickle, which is in all cheap jewelry (even the "nickle free" kind, somehow) so I get blisters and rashes whenever I wear any. So necklaces are always giving me "hickeys" -- ugh! CONGRATS on almost being out of the 130's, and on skinny pants! I love pulling skinny pants up and buttoning them comfortably, I seriously get an intense rush of happiness. When I pull out another pair of jeans that I used to wear and they happen to fit again, I am on another planet.

Good luck everyone!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
So close to getting out of the 130s. 130.3 this morning and wearing my "skinny" pants for the first time in weeks. And somehow my chronic "never pooping" condition has reversed itself - I'm going daily, sometimes more than once a day. Calories are averaging 1500ish per day, I'm not counting strictly but I have cut out junk food and most carbs and find it really easy to stick to plan. My arms are getting flabby though, need to rectify that.

The mood is a positive one this morning - not coincidentally it is Friday, the first non-rainy day in a week, and I'm still riding high from making myself jog outside before work. I went a pretty sloth-like 5-6km with a ton of "ugh I have to walk" in there, but I did it.

The Star Trek addiction continues. I have started using Data's idiosyncracies in real life speech.

Born This Way - I am SO happy to hear you're feeling good about your body; I was a little worried about you for a while there. It is hard to keep food and exercise on point at the same time!

lackadaisy - How many calories are you eating at "maintenance?" It's great to see you're finding happiness at 119. I think it's most important to be OK with yourself at a weight where you don't have to rack your brain constantly to stay there for a while.

Dorian5 - I'm so sorry about the skin situation, I have eczema on the back of my neck and people always comment on it thinking it's a hickey. Where will you go after this job is over? Also everyone has gains/stalls - I hope you see something good on your "official" weigh-in, but even if you don't, you can still own your loss by following the advice you gave to louisvillebee

louisvillebee - Welcome! I'm not sure what I'd suggest; depends on how "starving" you really feel. If it's the light-headed "too little energy to work out" kind of feeling, you probably are too hungry. How much are you exercising? You might still be able to lose steadily at higher calories; why is 1350 the magic number?
krampus-I'm happy about it too! I don't think there's anything more amazing than seeing hard work pay off. Don't think I would have been able to keep on moving forward when i hit road blocks if it wasn't for you guys. and I definitely agree, sometimes those diet sites that auto-calculate for you aren't always right. its always important to listen to & respect your body. really get in touch with what you're body is really asking for, what it really needs, and nourish it. if you treat it well, and exercise, weight will follow.

Dianne042425-I'm not 119, I was commenting on lackadaisy's plateau, and how its a plateau I'd kill to be at right now!! but to answer your question, I'm 5'1 & 1/2. super shorty
Born This Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #35  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

krampus I'm not tracking very successfully (basically, the anguish of dieting for me is how annoying it is to track food when I can't weigh it in front of other people and I don't cook it myself) but I think it's around 1600-1800?

I definitely ate a bit much last night, though. Went out for dinner & drinks with my thesis advisor, and even though I ate healthfully all day with lots of veggies and chose light vegetarian appetizer & entree, the amazing bread and even more amazing pear crostata dessert absolutely killed me. I really couldn't be obviously dieting around him. The blow to my wallet was much worse than the one to my waistline -- close to five times what I usually spend at a restaurant -- but I feel puffy and bloated today and definitely did not weigh myself. Ah well -- it was an amazing experience and completely worth it.

The memory of that crostata is sustaining me through my pastry munchies right now. "Will that muffin be as good as dessert last night?" The answer is no.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

I am about ready to screeeeeeeam. These last two pounds WILL NOT GO. RAR.

I've gotta change something up, apparently. Yes, holding steady, yes, feeling great physically, but it's now become this nagging, evil thing somehow, the knowledge that I'm so close to my goal and yet so far away. All my feeling awesome doesn't matter if I can't knock off the last two, which is ridiculous of me. Maybe that's the problem: I feel so torn about whether or not to even go lower at ALL, like wanting to hit a magic number is me being ungrateful for all my hard-won work, so I'm subconsciously sabotaging myself into not losing it. Do I even want to lose it or not? SHOULD I even lose it? I actually had a stranger refer to me as "thin" today, and in a complimentary, unsnarky way. Why do I feel discontent, then?

Last edited by kat999; 05-14-2011 at 05:32 PM.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:53 PM   #37  
Staying the Same

Yesterday I saw 129.9/58.9 kg. Yessss! So like you do, I went to pizza buffet (all you can order pizza!) with my friends (both slimmer than I am, and HUGE eaters) and you can guess the rest. Won't be seeing that number for a while, but I feel pretty awesome - like I scratched an itch, and it won't bother me for a while. We'll see how it goes.

kat999 Once you have a number in mind it is damn near impossible to let it go without feeling like you have "failed" somehow. It sounds like with your history of disordered eating and attention to detail that you're really focused on goals and may be a perfectionist about many things in life. I don't have any advice for you, other than that every day spent feeling miserable about the last 2 lbs is a day wasted - and life is too precious to waste stressing out about a number that means nothing to anyone but you. *hug* I hope you feel better soon.

lackadaisy You sound so happy and content, not stressing out about compensating every extra bite with extra exercise. I'm really glad you had an amazing night out - I feel that way today too but when I think about it, there is no guilt, and I know I will be back to healthier eating today. The mindset shift is the best part.

Dorian5 Congrats on the low weigh-in and thin day! I've seen Sno-balls around, they're the pink ones yeah? Hope they were as great as you remember.

Dianne I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged. I always feel like I should be able to magically lose 3-4 fat lbs a week even though I don't eat at that much of a calorie deficit, just because I have weighed less in the past and I have a hard time dealing with the fact that there is fat gain that has been there for months. I don't track my carbs so I really couldn't tell you, but I have just been trying to focus on protein and vegetables while getting most carbs from fruit, starchy veggies, and sometimes whole wheat pasta.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:49 AM   #38  

Ate about 2000 calories each day this weekend (roughly maintenance) -- at 128.2lbs this morning, only .4lbs up from Friday and I would imagine that's water. Pretty stoked that I stayed the same and can continue my weight loss throughout this week, and that I feel safely out of the 130's.

Anyone use a sunless tanner? I am pretty pale but I don't really want to lay out in the sun because it A) causes skin cancer, B) fades tattoos fast and C) I don't want to look like a leather handbag when I'm older. Bought the Jergens sunless tanner and I've used it a couple of time now, and I know it's supposed to be "subtle" tanning, but I see no difference at all. On the other hand, I don't look good in orange. Anyone have one they love?

---

krampus - YES the pink snoballs -- they have chocolate cake surrounded in marshmallow and then covered with pink coconut. In the middle is cream. AWESOME. I had the second one for breakfast this morning. Pizza is my death-row favorite food, hope it was delicious! Congrats on 129.9, I bet you'll be seeing it again sooner than you think.

lackadaisy - A pear crostada sounds a.m.a.z.i.n.g! Glad that you enjoyed it and that it's helping you to stay away from other cakes and pastries!

kat999 - I can feel the conflict in your post. I agree with everything Krampus said - you've done such an AMAZING thing, it's a waste of time to feel discontent about 2 silly pounds. I hope that it will stop nagging you, I know how hard it is once you've set your heart on seeing a certain number.

Minifluffy - How bittersweet. CONGRATS on your success at finding your equilibrium and sustaining your healthy lifestyle!! I love it.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Dorian and Krampus, thanks, you guys. I needed to hear some truth. I'm being a little disordered in my thinking right now, and that's not okay based on my history and tendency to beat myself up too much.

As I posted in a different thread, I like the idea of a diet vacation, a maintenance week, so I'm going to do that. Maybe even for longer than a week, given that I am going on an actual real-life vacation in just a few days. I think I need to reset my calorie budget and see how I feel at trying to just maintain. If I return from vacation and decide I need to readjust, I will, but I have to remind myself no matter what that my physical and mental health are what's most important. My body is already healthy, whether I lose 2 more measly little pounds or not.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #40  
Staying the Same

59.0 kg/130.1 lb this morning. Come onnnnnnnnnn!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:25 AM   #41  

Last Friday I weighed 127.8. On Monday I weighed 128.2lbs. Tuesday I weighed 129lbs, even after eating well and drinking lots of water. Figured it must be water retention. Today I weighed 128.6lbs after eating below my calories yesterday and drinking lots of water.

UGH seriously! I am feeling a little discouraged about my goal of 125lbs by May 30th! I think my body likes this weight, or I might be stumbling across my first plateau.

I'm thinking maybe I should try eating more, I keep eating less and less when I don't see the scale move. When I signed up for 3FC I decided to start eating my 1300 calories again, but I averaged 950 yesterday. But now I'm afraid to eat them all.

I try to remind myself how hot I felt when I reached 129 the first time and regain that confidence. (****, I thought I was a supermodel when I first hit 139!)
Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 126.5/113/110

Height: 4'11

Just checking in to say "hi" to everyone! I, too, am a lover of the snowballs tasty cakes and would gladly work them into my diet budget.

I am officially on maintenance but have a hard time going over 1200 calories a day. Actually, I am eating around 1000 right now and only last night took the baby step of consuming 1100. I think I am nervous because I am hovering at 109 at this caloric level. So, this may be maintenance for me and that stinks but I am super short and 40 and that is life. *sigh*

I tried on bathing suits the other day and although I could probably wear a two piece and have minimal snickering and comments from others, I settled on a vintage inspired 1940's/50's style one piece. Super cute and my daughter, who is brutally honest, gave it two thumbs up.

Now, if only the sun would come out here in NY. Have a great day everyone and keep up the good work! You guys always seem to inspire and ground me.
Lisa1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian5 View Post

I try to remind myself how hot I felt when I reached 129 the first time and regain that confidence. (****, I thought I was a supermodel when I first hit 139!)
Keep the faith! I just hit under 140 this morning for the first time since 2004 or something. Im excited but certainly dont feel like a super model. Im thinking maybe at 130 I will... lol
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #44  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi girls!

I've been a bit burned out recently, but I finally recommitted to daily weigh-ins and calorie counting yesterday after I shockingly couldn't fit into a vintage dress I was craving. (I know, vanity is an awesome motivator.) 118.7: better than I was expecting, but still annoyingly stalled. Went out on a "booze cruise" with tons of alcohol and pizza, but I kept my intake of both to a minimum and clocked in at 1400 for the day plus a 30-minute cardio workout and an hour of walking.

Today should be pretty good -- I've been walking everywhere and will hopefully get in a short swim later, for the first time in years. I'm excited to break through the 118 barrier, for good this time. I need to keep reminding myself that as far as I've come, I have not reached my goal, and I owe it to myself to push on until I get there.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #45  
Staying the Same

Weight is up 0.2 lb, yesterday was very sloppy nutrition-wise and calories were high - just under 2000 probably. Today will be better and less carby!

With this stupid back pain I can't run or really do much of anything. I have been doing yoga videos in the mornings before work which seems to relieve some of the tension. Today tried "Ashtanga for Beginners" and it was quite a humbling experience, but great for the upper body.

Dorian5 It does get really scary to eat when you are impatient to see the number go down but you gotta do it! Don't go down the starvation road. What's your exercise like?

Lisa That swimsuit sounds super cool, is it Bettie Page-esque? I hope you can eat more than 1100 for maintenance eventually.

skinnyelle Awesome to hear! You are doing great, your drive and motivation is really inspirational.

lackadaisy Under 119, that's still pretty wonderful. I'm always amazed at your ability to control yourself in free-for-all social events.