Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

132.2lbs this morning. Ugh, that's just awful!!!

Hoping a lot of that is water from eating a ton of sodium and drinking a LOT of alcohol.

What makes me sad is that I really didn't eat much over what should be my "maintenance." I mean, maybe 2000 calories each day TOPS. Which makes me think that I'm going to have to get BELOW my goal weight, and then start eating at maintenance and expect ~5lbs of gain if I'm going to eat any sodium or drink any diet soda.

I hate not feeling optimistic about this anymore. I think it comes from the fact that I realized at the beginning of last week that I wasn't going to make my original (unrealistic) goal of 115lbs by May 30th. But I don't want that to mean that I weigh 135lbs by then!

Walked by the bagels at work this morning and had some pieces of cantaloupe and pineapple instead. Hope I start feeling better about everything soon.

Good luck everyone.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian5 View Post
132.2lbs this morning. Ugh, that's just awful!!!

Hoping a lot of that is water from eating a ton of sodium and drinking a LOT of alcohol.

What makes me sad is that I really didn't eat much over what should be my "maintenance." I mean, maybe 2000 calories each day TOPS. Which makes me think that I'm going to have to get BELOW my goal weight, and then start eating at maintenance and expect ~5lbs of gain if I'm going to eat any sodium or drink any diet soda.

I hate not feeling optimistic about this anymore. I think it comes from the fact that I realized at the beginning of last week that I wasn't going to make my original (unrealistic) goal of 115lbs by May 30th. But I don't want that to mean that I weigh 135lbs by then!

Walked by the bagels at work this morning and had some pieces of cantaloupe and pineapple instead. Hope I start feeling better about everything soon.

Good luck everyone.
I feel ya girlie! I had a similar experience this weekend. Saturday and Sunday my calories were well over 2000 with TONS of carbs. The scale was up 6 lbs as a result this morning. We both know neither of consumed the tens of thousands of excess cals it would take for that to be a true weight gain. Buckle down this week and regain focus. You will be back under 130 before you know it.

I must admit I too wonder if ill ever be able to go off plan for a day a two and not gain ( even if just water) or just see only a small increase of 1-2 lbs ( that'd make more sense.) This is a rough path we've chosen. But we can do it!

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 05-09-2011 at 10:37 AM.
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #18  

Height: 5'8

Ah Dorian and Elle, I gave up weighing myself every day especially for that reason. It would drive me mental to see a 5lb weight gain when all I'd eaten was 2000 calories (under maintenance for me).

I'm back on low carb properly as of tomorrow and will be cutting down on caffeine too (ahhh nooooooo!!) because my skin is atrocious! I have had acne since I was 13 (I'm 25 now) and have had two rounds of roaccutane, the first one of which failed when I came off the pill (had to be on it to get the roaccutane). I came off the pill three months ago and this month (period time) my skin is dreadful so i think it might have happened again. I read that low carb can help so I'll be at least low GI-ing it. I am seriously lacking motivation for any kind of hardcore diet at the moment, so I won't even both starting Atkins or something like that but IF + less chocolate and carbs should be OK.

Have a nice day everyone!

ps: Krampus - owww ! I hope your foot is OK!
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #19  

130.2lbs this morning, even though I had sodium-laden tacos last night and beer. (I make beer chicken tacos by braising chicken in mexican beer (Negra Modelo) and fajita seasoning, then put the shredded chicken in a corn tortilla and throw on some diced raw onions, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. AWESOME and fairly low calorie, considering they're tacos.)

Anyway, hopefully laying off the sodium today will let me slide back into the 120's tomorrow. I think I can still see 125 by May 30th if I'm very careful and get some more running in. The question is, if I weigh 125 when I start my vacation, is that gonna make me happy? Or am I gonna pout the whole time about not being down to 120? Also, I'm not dieting on vacation, the boy and I saved up $3000 to spend on this trip, you BET I'm going to be eating delicious food everywhere I go.

---

skinnyelle- Isn't it a pain?! Sheesh, you even LOOK at a bagel and you're 2 pounds heavier! I just don't want to be up and down within a 8lbs range for the rest of my life depending on what I ate the day before. But maybe that's just how it works.

claire - The reason I weigh myself everyday is because when I weighed in once a week, I would allow myself to cheat and promise that I would fix it before I had to weigh in. But if I got to the point of it being obsessive I would stop. My skin is also AWFUL right now! I'm one of those annoying people that always sleeps in all of my makeup, never uses any kind of face wash or anything (just water in the shower and shampoo maybe while I'm washing my hair, lol) and has clear skin. I rarely had zits, even as a teenager. But right now my nose is broken out BAD -- and it's not healing at all! I've had trouble with my skin ever since I started losing weight. I don't know if there's a connection or not but it's frustrating.

Good luck and stay strong everyone!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #20  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Checking in to say -- I have been feeling under the weather and deciding to focus on just eating a 100% healthful, no-junk diet, even if it's closer to maintenance range. Getting lots of exercise (2-day hiking trip this weekend, yoga yesterday) as I can, and eating 1500-1800 a day (not tracking). Still at 119 (ugh), but at least I'm getting some maintenance practice.

When I feel more intense about wanting to lose weight (soon?) I'll hopefully be able to handle it better... dieting is exhausting, and doubly so during a stressful or celebratory time. My final college exam period is both of those things.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

I've had an awesome couple of days workout-wise, and even though my eating's been a little inconsistent, I'm a tiny, tiny smidgen under 115 today. I'm not "counting" it until the scale clearly says "114," though.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #22  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Was up a little from yesterday this morning, 132.3 today but 131.6 yesterday. It happens. I slacked on exercise yesterday so I got up this morning and did a Tae Bo DVD and a paltry 100 crunches. The weather is completely awful, muggy humidity and sideways blowing warm rain. Consistent nagging lower back pain for the 4th day in a row, what gives?

Despite all that though, my perception of myself is quite good. I've put a "no junk food" ban in place again and am focusing on eating more protein in the form of salmon, chicken, tofu and eggs. I used to get irritated reading "MORE PROTEIN" on every single subforum but I find it is working nicely for me.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #23  

129.2lbs this morning. Must have been retaining a **** of a lot of water from the weekend. I'm also keeping it to no more than 1200 calories, which probably has a good deal to do with it coming off so quickly.

I bought some pretzels yesterday because 53 of those little pretzel sticks is only 100 calories -- awesome. It helps get rid of my snacky craving without busting my calorie budget. As long as I make sure not to dip them in chocolate ice cream or frosting (so tempted to do that.)

---

krampus - glad you're feeling good about yourself!

kat999 - nice work!

lackadaisy - I dig the healthy outlook, and practicing maintenance for a while as you close a chapter in life.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #24  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

131.8 today. I'm so sick of the rain and humidity and my back hurting! I just want to get back to running outside and being able to do proper pushups without pain.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #25  

wow i just got so hungry tonight! definitely was not full at 1200 calories, think i hit at least 1450, 1500 or so.

i saw 125.4 on the scale. guess i'm still going down, but these pangs of hunger are stopping me from losing as much as i could be. i just get so nervous and scared when i'm hungry, like if i don't feed myself i might start a binge cycle.

anyways, decided my goal is to hit target by my birthday at the end of june!! 10 lbs in 2 months? we'll see i guess..
Born This Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #26  

Hi Everyone! I'm new in here and introduced myself in the Featherweights chat. This website looks great and I'm excited to be a part of it.
I have a question for you all.... does anyone have any tips on keeping calorie counts at 1350? For example, a particular of spacing meals, or specific foods...?
I am currently at 119 pounds and w/ my workouts I am supposed to lose @ abt 1 pound a week at 1350 calories. However, although I eat pretty healthy, high protein, record my calories, and try to pay attention to proper meal spacing, I simply CANNOT keep it at 1350. In order to not feel like I'm starving at some point throughout the day, I feel like I need at least 1500-1600. Has anyone else struggled with this before? Am I just being a wimp... should I suck it up and be hungry for a while, or do you think it's possible to lose while keepign my calories closer to 1500-1600...
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
louisvillebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:05 AM   #27  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Born this way, you seem to be losing really fast!! I'm super impressed. 1400 is what I seem to be hitting on my good days right about now.

Still plateaued at 119, though before a significant PW today. Hopefully my "true" weight has also remained somewhere around 118. I've been working out fairly consistently (if not intensely every day), but still eating a ton.

Definitely enjoying 'maintenance'... I know I should step it up a little just to make sure I keep losing, however, slowly, rather than regaining. I'm still not as thin as I'd like, but I'm becoming pretty happy with my body as it is right now.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackadaisy View Post
Born this way
Definitely enjoying 'maintenance'... I know I should step it up a little just to make sure I keep losing, however, slowly, rather than regaining. I'm still not as thin as I'd like, but I'm becoming pretty happy with my body as it is right now.
Awesome lackadaisy Im sure that is a great feeling!
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #29  

129.0lbs this morning. So if I'm not 127.8lbs tomorrow morning at my official "weigh in" it will be a gain. My first gain since starting weight loss on February 7th, 2011. Sucks, but that's okay, I will make up for it.

Feeling down because one of the women here at work asked if I got my lipstick on my nose! (Remember when I said my nose was breaking out bad? Yeaaah.) I didn't bring my foundation to work today either so now I'm just self conscious and pulling my hair down in front of my face. At least I don't have much longer to be here.

---

lackadaisy - I can't wait to be able to say I'm feeling happy with my body. Congrats!

louisvillebee - Welcome!! As far as your calories, I think everyone is different. I am one of those people that enjoys that hungry feeling, cause I know I'm going to weigh less the next day when I actually let my stomach growl once or twice before eating. I tend to eat light in the morning and for lunch, then eat a substantial dinner since I'm hungrier at night. I usually still even have calories left over in case I get munchies (which I always do. :eyeroll: ) It's definitely possible to lose at 1500-1600 -- it's just calories in vs. calories out, so if you manage to burn off 300 calories after consuming 1600, you're sitting pretty at 1300 for the day.

Last edited by Dorian5; 05-13-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackadaisy View Post
Born this way, you seem to be losing really fast!! I'm super impressed. 1400 is what I seem to be hitting on my good days right about now.

Still plateaued at 119, though before a significant PW today. Hopefully my "true" weight has also remained somewhere around 118. I've been working out fairly consistently (if not intensely every day), but still eating a ton.

Really? Am I losing faster than most do as feathers? I guess I started all this in February. So I've been losing .7 lbs a week pretty consistently, not even a whole lb!

I appreciate the compliment nonetheless I think the hardest thing to convince myself of daily is that less food does NOT equate with a lower weight. it seems counter-intuitive but i've stayed pretty dang close to 1200 a day and it seems to be working so its gotten easier to convince myself I'm doing the best I can.

& plateauing at 119 isn't the worse thing in the world, I would kill to be in the teens! At least you have your work-outs down, I think I'm way better about being able to stay on track food wise than exercise wise.

I really am starting to feel happy with my body though--first time in years!
Born This Way is offline   Reply With Quote