Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

Default Hey Feathers! Do you count post-workout weightloss???

My weight fluctuates anywhere between 2-5 lbs pre and post workout. It makes sense to me that the post workout weight is the most accurate because you may have dropped ounces in sweat. What are your thoughts ladies?

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 04-21-2011 at 09:21 AM.
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/128/119

Height: 5'3"

I dont count it but I want to! I always drop at least two pounds. I'd like to know where everyone else stands on this. Also I to go to the bathroom as much as I an before I weigh myself in the morning because I drink a lot of water all day (1-1.5 gallons) so if I'm going about 2-3 times some days before I weigh and my weight is dropping between those weigh ins do I count the lowest weight? Is that accurate?
mca10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #3  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

nope, but I like seeing it
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniFluffy View Post
I don't count it, because afterward workouts, I always drink a lot of water to replace lost fluids anyways.
I don't count morning weight-ins either, as I would never weight that little at any other time of the day.

I used to think of dehydrated/morning weight as my 'real' weight, but I was always scared of weighing in at any other moment. Or I would abstain from drinking water while working out, because I was afraid I would get an ''off'' reading !
So which weight do you count now? When do you weigh yourself with confidence that it is the most " accurate." Ive always been told to weigh first thing in the morning, before eating, naked, and after going to bathroom if at all possible using the same scale each time. After you do this the first time, every time you weigh it should be following the same guidelines. But maybe all this serves is for the interest of consistency.... Hmmm...

pinkflower congrats on your weight loss!!! You have pretty much obtained my goal weight :0) and we are very close in height. How long did it take you and what did you do?

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 04-21-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #5  

Quote:
I don't count it, because afterward workouts, I always drink a lot of water to replace lost fluids anyways.
I don't count morning weight-ins either, as I would never weight that little at any other time of the day.

I used to think of dehydrated/morning weight as my 'real' weight, but I was always scared of weighing in at any other moment. Or I would abstain from drinking water while working out, because I was afraid I would get an ''off'' reading !
Also to your point of drinking water during a workout.... I can weigh myself before working out first thing in the morning before eating when Ive had a salty and or large meal the night before and get a certain number. Then I can go workout for 45-90 mins ( while drinking tons of water) jump on the scale ( again before eating) and the number is almost always lower..... So I just wonder what the loss represents.... My line of thought was that its possible to sweat more than the amount you are drinking to replenish and the loss can actually represent the release of retained water. I could be very wrong lol.. Thanks for your response though...
Old 04-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #6  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I weigh-in in the morning after bathroom and before workout. I know I'm heavier the rest of the time, but that's okay -- it's motivation to keep going for that "new low." And I know my true weight in fat isn't fluctuating if I stay on plan, so it doesn't matter to me as much when I weigh. I'm aware of my fluctuations and it's heartening when my high fluctuation falls (right now I go up to 121; that's definitely different from when I fluctuated to 125). But my goal weight is low partly because I weigh early in the morning. Hope that helps
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #7  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

Quote:

pinkflower congrats on your weight loss!!! You have pretty much obtained my goal weight :0) and we are very close in height. How long did it take you and what did you do?
thanks! I started losing at 161lbs last May/July (high weight was pregnancy weight). So it's taken 11mo! I started out just hitting they gym, then I read a book called RX:14 Foods that can Save your Life http://www.amazon.com/SuperFoods-Rx-.../dp/0060535679.
I started incorporating whole foods and then eventually calorie counting and using intermittent fasting. I also lift heavy weights and do yoga/not much cardio. I do still have a few lbs to go, but since I"m in my maintenance range, I decided to call it Good luck to you
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

I think no matter when we choose to weigh ourselves, consistency is key, so I try to at least weigh myself under the same conditions every time. Lately I have been actually counting the post-workout weightloss only, but if that's the only weight I'm checking, then at least each day's weight recorded is consistent when compared to the previous day.

I do check at other times of the day, but lately my fluctuations haven't been that dramatic, so I think I'm getting close to a stable zone. I don't think I'd weigh smack in the middle of the day, though. Usually if I check multiple times, I'll check once in the morning, once after a workout after dinner, and maybe again right before bed, but I only count the post-workout one.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:37 PM   #9  

Quote:
I weight in during the afternoon, some time after lunch, generally before and after the workout. I only *count* the before weight, but like other people have said, I like seeing the after weight

Fun enough, I'm pretty consistent anyways. My weight varies by about a pound from weight in to weight in. Lately, I've been tracking my weight on a chart, so the sliding average is the number I trust most.

For me, the 1 pound margin of error helps me keep my sanity intact I can't let myself get bummed if the number went up, or get a sense of entitlement if it goes down a lot (and therefore eat lots of sugary stuff in reward!) because any of those might be flukes!

***Sorry for the monologue!***
no thank you for your response!