3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   When do you weigh in? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/227216-when-do-you-weigh.html)

ju5tdoit 03-04-2011 05:58 AM

When do you weigh in?

Hey people!
I was just curious as to when you guys weigh in. I tend to have issues with weighing in daily so as long as I'm working out and eating clean, I try to weigh in only once every 2 weeks or once a month...I only weigh myself once in the very early hours of the morning, sans clothes after my morning bathroom *cough* business.

What has worked for you?

indiblue 03-04-2011 06:04 AM

All. The. Time. Seriously. Too often.

But the only weight I actually count is the one taken in the morning, after bathroom, before clothes, before breakfast, like you. As someone who weights herself throughout the day sometimes, I know that my weight fluctuates anywhere from 2 to 5 lbs in one day. I don't think you can compare an AM weigh-in before breakfast with a midday weigh-in after a hard workout, or an evening weigh-in after dinner. It's too many variable then.

Tattoodles did a good thread where she weighed herself frequently throughout the day and reported it. I think it's under General Diet Questions? Will try to find and post for you. It's a good example of why weight should be taken at the same time. (And I'd argue more frequently than once or twice a month, though that's coming from someone who weighs herself too much, so take it with a grain of salt ;) )

krampus 03-06-2011 10:52 PM

I only "count" the morning post-pee weigh-in, usually done in a bra and undies. I weigh almost every day. OK, I lied. I weigh EVERY DAY.

rachael 03-06-2011 11:15 PM

Daily.

ju5tdoit 03-07-2011 05:31 AM

Well, I've managed to stay away from the scale for an entire week now. My first weight in after beginning my workout and clean eating routine will be on March 14th. I know that once I'm eating clean and working out, I don't need the scale that much, esp. at this point. Generally I weigh myself every Monday. That keeps me accountable through out the weekend and I don't freak or over reward myself daily depending on what the scale says.

racrane 03-07-2011 07:02 PM

I weigh myself very rarely. I'm actually really good at guessing my weight and can "feel" my body - I just know. Anyway, I can tell I've lost about 5 lbs but won't weigh myself for a while since I don't have a scale in my dorm room. (When I go home I weigh myself)

SpeedGracer 03-07-2011 07:22 PM

I have to weight myself every morning, post bathroom break! I usually know what it's going to say, but I find if I don't it's just the beginning of a very slippery slope. Sometimes I'll weight myself just before bed, but I take that reading with a grain of salt.

Grace

river 03-07-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedGracer (Post 3747305)
I have to weight myself every morning, post bathroom break! I usually know what it's going to say, but I find if I don't it's just the beginning of a very slippery slope. Sometimes I'll weight myself just before bed, but I take that reading with a grain of salt.

What she said sums up my weighing routine. I need to weigh daily, I find it helpful and I don't freak out if it is a little high one day. I usually know why and it's typically due to salt the day before.

Sarahlynn 03-11-2011 09:51 AM

I have to weigh in every morning and I adjust my day's calories and excercised based on that weight. If I don't I find that I will think I am doing well and then find out a week later that I've gained a lb or 2 so for me it is necessary to keep myself on track.

bliss3244 03-11-2011 09:55 AM

im trying to be like u ju5tdoit but its hard cause i wanna see the numbers go down fast, but i learned my motivation gets effected when i weigh myself and i dont lose as much as i wanted to or as much as i thought i did.. so im trying to get in the habit of weighing in only once every 2 weeks.. so far that working for me.. i feel smaller, i feel healthier, and my family members are complementing me.. i just keep doing what im doing and next week, i will get on the scale to see my results.. "fingers crossed"

ju5tdoit 03-11-2011 07:10 PM

My weigh in is on Saturday the 19th! Next weekend. Right before my trip to Jamaica!

Born This Way 03-12-2011 08:09 AM

Too often. I never used to own a scale, but got one when I started to want to lose weight. In the morning, and, am always tempted to do so at night when I'm in the bathroom as well.

It is CRAZY how much my weight can fluctuate in a day. every morning for weeks now the scale's read 131.6. and at night it can read anywhere from 132-134.

I believe buying a scale is the reason my weight loss has come to a standstill. It really made me obsess about minute things, become defeated when i don't see a significant weight drop in an insignificant amount of time, and think about food constantly. The problem is the stress from my weigh-ins combined with my extreme food conscious behavior lately has made me eat more instead of less.

Anyone been here? I would love some advice/help/motivation. How the heck do you limit yourself to only weighing yourself once a week, once a month, etc.? If I see the scale sitting there I just don't know how to resist the temptation