Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/122.6/105

Height: 5'2"

Default how can I still look fat at less than 115 lb???

Okay, this is totally a pity post, but I just saw this picture on facebook. It's from the holiday I just took, and seriously I feel like I look so fat! You can't see much because I cropped the photo for the privacy of all the people whom I was out with and don't know very well, but seriously .... it makes me feel like there's no point to losing weight and I might as well just eat whatever I want with no regard for weight loss at all. To give you some perspective, I'm about 5'2.5" and I weighed NO MORE than 113 in this photograph .... how much more weight will I need to lose in order to look thin??!!??

Edit: I reattached the picture.

Last edited by Nienna; 03-26-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

The picture is not showing up, but if you weigh 115 lbs., you are NOT fat in any sense of the word. I'm sorry you feel this way, but I don't think you see yourself as others do. You are beautiful and not at all "fat" looking in your profile pic.

Last edited by walking2lose; 03-26-2011 at 04:45 PM.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

If you think you look fat in this photo, maybe it's the angle or they way your head is turned. You are very pretty and you look beautiful in your profile picture. At 115, you are DEF not fat. You are THIN! Don't let your head take control and tell you lies about yourself!
novelistabac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

When was the picture in your Avatar taken ? You don't look fat in that picture. I don't think you look fat in your other picture, either.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #5  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

First - you dont look fat.

I do know what you mean though...your face doesnt look as slender as you see it look in the mirror.

But here is the truth - bad angles happen to the thinnest of people! For fun do a google search of unflattering celeb photos. I see them all the time. It just happens. Even models have bad angles. Dont let it get you down. You have done an amazing job and are at a very low weight that is NOT fat

*hugs*
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #6  
Lady-in-training!

S/C/G: Heaviest: 215/202/168/130

Height: 5'5"

You look slender and beautiful in both pics, but as a seasoned facebook user (and candids untagger!) I can assure you that what's bothering you is obviously a distorted image resulting from a combination of twisting your head in a weird direction and the camera capturing a bizarre moment. Why do you think photoshoots with even size-00 celebrities and models require so much money, expertise, and time? Nobody is immune to thsi sort of thing.
gtech2mit10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #7  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

it's just a weird angle. I was out with a group of friends last week and they kept reviewing all the pictures for what they called "fat face." It just happens to anyone at a certain angle, or with the lighting from a certain side. *shrugs*

Just delete the pic and forget about it! As someone else said, photos can catch people's faces at weird angles...much like the many awful celebrity pics that end up all over the tabloids. We know those people are gorgeous yet even they take pretty awful pics at times.

At your height/weight you are defiantly skinny, and your face looks very thin in your profile pic so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #8  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xty View Post
First - you dont look fat.

But here is the truth - bad angles happen to the thinnest of people! For fun do a google search of unflattering celeb photos. I see them all the time. It just happens. Even models have bad angles.
AMEN!!
bananapancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

I had photos of myself with weird chin shadows and stuff when I was under 100 pounds. It's totally the angle, and even so you look fine.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/122.6/105

Height: 5'2"

Thank you so much for reassuring me after my very odd (and probably annoying) freak-out! As you all have suggested, I have come to the conclusion that it was just a very, very bad angle. Thank you girls once again!

Bargoo, my avatar picture was taken within a few days of the other one, so my weight difference (if any) was pretty negligible.

novelista, thanks for the kind words! I was feeling pretty until I saw this picture ... you're right, I need to snap out of it and not allow myself to be swallowed up by ridiculous mind games.

xty, I actually did go and search for unflattering celebrity photos. It's kind of horrible that seeing other people look less than their best makes me feel better, but it really did help to see some candid shots of celebrities. I think that I've been watching too much television/reading too many magazines lately. I'm beginning to realize that my perceptions of the female body are hopelessly skewed.

gtech2mit10, that's a very good point about size 00 photo shoots. I will try to keep it in mind in the future.

MiniFluffy, thanks for the picture-taking advice! I usually do pose in a way designed to minimize flaws (the shoulders-back-stomach-in-chin-tilt thing sort of spontaneously occurs whenever a camera appears, after years and years of doing it), but I'd been drinking, so I wasn't really thinking about it.
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:07 PM   #11  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Haha. I feel like this about my face constantly. It has always been like this at any weight -- I have a double/no chin in many photos -- and have seriously contemplated plastic surgery to suck the fat out of my neck. Some days, I honestly might prefer to lose my next pound in my cheeks/neck than my love handles.

But, seriously -- it's 90% photo angle, 10% from the fact that we genuinely do have some fat & skin in our necks and when we squoosh our chins down, it folds. No biggie. All but the thinnest women will have that.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote