Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/124/120

Height: 5ft 2

Default TMI! excess "air"...?

This post might be TMI...but just wondering if anyone else has this problem! I think it's probably diet related. Recently, after my evening meal, I'm so so SO bloated. My stomach goes rock hard and I burp all night long. It's incredibly uncomfortable and I have no idea why it's happening! I'm usually completely fine when I wake up in the morning, but I'm burping right up to the point I fall asleep!
Sorry if this is TMI but I really dont know whats up! Any ideas?
Cat86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #2  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

My wheat intolorance caused me to bloat/burp and flatulence, always worst in the evenings. May be worth checking out
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #3  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Oh, so it's air up not down?

Funny, only slightly-related story: I had excess flatulence for a while that I knew was directly tied to stress-related constipation. I've been eating 30g fiber a day, so I knew I just needed a laxative -- imagine how disturbed I was to find the results of Googling "calories in chocolate laxative." Yes, eating disorders taking over the internet...

Anyway, just wondering -- is constipation the problem?

Another possibility might be related to your diet (obvious culprit, I know). You could be developing an intolerance to something (lactose, gluten) that people usually aren't sensitive to in childhood.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #4  

Lackadaisy - It's air up, not down! I am feel rather "clogged up" right now though too. Just generally sluggish and bleugh. I do suffer from IBS but have had it under control for a couple of years now. I havent eaten anything that I would usually associate with an attack! Might try cutting certain things out for a day or 2 and see what happens...
Old 02-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #5  

Also... I have just noticed my stomach has swollen to the size of a small country. This is crazy!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:09 AM   #6  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Have you changed anything in your diet recently? I know that adding a new food can sometimes cause your body to do weird things until your system is used to it.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

I am lactose intolerant and I also have a wheat intolerance. Both developed after repeated use of anti-biotics which caused an intestinal yeast infection which left untreated can lead to permanent issues with digestion. I still struggle with issues related to yeast in my gut included agonizing gas pains when I eat to much sugar or repeated ingestion of products containing yeast. (side note nutritional yeast is not the same things as the candida type yeast which causes this reaction meaning it is perfectly harmless for me).

Have you been on anti-biotics more than once in the last 3 months? Have you been on anti-biotics in the last month? Do you track what you are eating and is there a pattern to what you eat and the reaction? Are you eating too late at night? Have you tried cutting out common causes of bloating? Salt, beans, broccoli etc?

I usually have a pretty good idea what causes my issues when they occur it is just a matter of controlling my own desire for things like bread, pasta and delicious cheese!
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:26 AM   #8  

I haven't added anything to my diet of particular significance. I woke up this morning and my tummy is back to normal size. I find it happens most at night when I've eaten my evening meal (usually about 6pm), then I don't move about much after that. Is it worth going to my doctor or will he just tell me to cut things out one at a time to see what happens?
Old 02-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: S114/C110/GLower body fat!

Height: 5'4

I've been having the exact same problem recently!! So weird... I'm a vegetarian and eat TONS of vegetables, so I know it's not a fiber issue... Very annoying. I look like 3 months pregnant but am small everywhere else :/

Have you tried probiotics? Those sometimes work wonders!
Also, drinking herbal tea at night (or just hot water with lemon) sometimes calms my stomach down.
rose madder is offline   Reply With Quote