Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

oOOh Lisa1971 I'd KILL to be where you are right now!! I'm so impressed with your efforts. I feel the same way, that people assume I weigh a lot less than I do. It kinda makes me feel bad.

I haven't been under 120 since college.... fingers crossed that I can make this happen, even if it takes forever.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #482  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1971 View Post
I can't comprehend my weight loss at all. My dad got weighed at the doctor yesterday and I made him weigh himself at home to see if the scale was accurate. I even made him recreate his outfit - wallet and keys and everything. He knows I am neurotic so he didn't even put up a fight!

I also agree about the way people see us vs. what we really weigh. Right now I am 109 pounds. When I was 125 or so people assumed I was 110. So, now that I really AM 110 what do they think????????? No wonder why I walk around confused all the time!
I know! In a way it kind of takes away from the satisfaction of hitting goal. Its like hey, you're not supposed to see me as that tiny yet! You have to give me that response 10 lbs from now so I stay motivated!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #483  

S/C/G: 126.5/113/110

Height: 4'11

FPSJ and Born Thank you so much for validating me and letting me know I am not truly crazy! That's why I continue to post on this board. It's so good to hear from fellow "shorties" who can understand. It's insane. How could people look at me at 127 and guess I was 110? Maybe they were being polite but it seemed sincere to me. I mean friends I have had for 35 years who can tell me anything said that. Or maybe I was just a Houdini with my clothing and hid the extra weight well - "smoke and mirrors!"
Old 05-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #484  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

Hi, 120s gals! I've been lurking here for quite a while. I was in the lower 140s when the "anyone trying to get out of the 140s?" thread was first started, but I was too shy to join in. I've been working since Nov to get the courage to post.

Entered the 120s at 129.5 exactly one month ago. I've been hanging around 128 for 17 days and expect to see a pound or two whoosh off sometime soon, as I think I'm overdue for it (and measurements are moving down slightly). But who knows? Life as a featherweight is very zen. I'll just keep on keeping on, and eventually the scale will go down.

Congrats to everybody on your successes so far!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

I've been teasing that 130 mark since Christmas--never more than 130, and only briefly ever less. My weight before Christmas was 120, but I'd be happy to be less than that...

Well no more! I'm on week 2 and my morning weight after I do my business has been decidedly less than that (though any bit of food/water in my tummy puts me right back at that 130 mark x] )

We can do it!!
Old 05-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm growing so tired of the 120's ~sigh~ Been sick for a week with a huge appetite- what gives?!?!?! Usually I'm sick, don't want to eat and nicely drop a few pounds... instead I've gained 2, UGH! Hopefully that doesn't last and it was just a fluke in readings this morning as I haven't weighed myself since my last post in this thread (which has been so eerily quiet lately... where has everyone gone??)
Old 05-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #487  

Officially in the 120s now...weighed in today at 127! Thanks MyFitnessPal for keeping me super honest!
Old 05-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #488  

S/C/G: varied over 130/122/110

Height: 5'2

hey guys, i went on a hiatus because despite me losing close to ten pounds, i have become more unhappy with my body. like i said before, i lost my boobs and my legs are actually the same size or even thicker. and now i am thinking that my ten pound loss was probably mostly water weight plus the weight in my bust, because i have been off some form of BC for almost a month. i had taken regular BC pills before and had terrible PMDD, so i went on Depo-Provera (sp?) and that made me crazy in the first month but leveled off after. however, upon my research on it i found it can lead to osteoporosis at a young age. that's ridiculous and im very angry that my doctor didn't inform me about that before i started it, because my family is already known to have weak bones. also, the shot left a dent in my thigh!! so it looks like a big cellulite spot! so i need a diff. BC, preferably one that will give me my nice C cups back (im now a small B, which would be fine if they were in proportion to my body!!)

so here i am, really sick of crying over what i see in the mirror everyday trying to actually lose body fat. i feel like i have tried everything but i never really stuck with it. i still low carb, i still do some occasional intermittent fasting, and i still workout when i want. i used to force myself to go to the gym but i would sort of get panic attacks after running or something like that!

everyone here seems to be doing great. be my motivation that losing weight at such a relatively low weight is possible! summer is here. i go to the beach in about a month!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:54 PM   #489  

yup. stuck here for a bit. it makes me laugh how EVERY time it takes me a little longer than scheduled to lose a lb I freak out thinking I must be eating too much and that 1200 is maintenance for me. but then, slowly, so very slowly, but surely i see a little slip on the scale and I can breathe again.

thinking about maintenance is kind of getting to me. will I have to calorie count this intensely when I hit goal? what if I can never eat more than I'm eating now to look like this? The fact that I lose weight so slowly makes me think that might be the case :/ It would be hard to live a whole life having to think about health/weight/food/exercise so intensely all the time
Old 06-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #490  

I am still trying and hanging in there! I just have nothing exciting to report, hahaha.

I feel like weight loss efforts (even the second time around, like it is for me), are extraordinarily slow when you're this darn short.

Oh, if only I could grow....

Anyway, looks like we're all doing alright so far! Crystalx4, still here.... patiently waiting for something to happen on the darn scale. I'm right there with ya! Bornthisway, I have the exact same fears. Inteventionn, I'd love to be where you're at! Be proud of your efforts Congrats & welcome to the 120's, mimi86!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #491  

S/C/G: 126.5/113/110

Height: 4'11

I had to post this because I knew all of you would understand...yesterday, for some reason, maybe because I was outside and it was super hot and I was sweating, I craved salt in everything. My mom bought my daughter a bag of cool ranch doritoes and they were sitting there in the cabinet all day mocking me. Anyway, I knew night time would be the worst since that is when I fight cravings the hardest. My husband was no help as he told me to just go ahead and eat them. I tried to make him understand that "serving size" was not an option if I opened that bag. I would've eaten at least half the bag easily. I am happy to report I fought the urge off successfully and instead, opted for some walnuts and almonds (I was real low on fats yesterday). Every day is a struggle. Yesterday, weighed 109.5. Today, same time, 108. No rhyme or reason as to why the fluctuations. FSPJ I am so with you on the short factor. Even at 108-109 I feel like my legs look like mini tree trunks in swim suit!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #492  

Oh lord, I'd have to put the bag in the garage or something. Way to go!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #493  

I weighed myself again today...it keeps flopping between 125 and 126 lbs. Definitely progress, but I'm confused. I mostly care about my measurements as I'm trying to bring my hips back into proportion with my bust. Every time I take my measurements, they're exactly the same. The only decrease was maybe a quarter-inch at my waist...am I hoping for too much? I realize I might lose fat in different parts of my body--I measure my arms, thigh, waist, hips and bust, and no other measurement has budged a fraction.

Five pounds is a milestone for a featherweight, when did you all see your measurements change when you were in the 120s range? I know I'll benefit most from strength training as well--since starting planks I'm seeing tons of new definition in my abs, and a more shapely butt and lower back from squats, but no change in actual measurements!

If I lost 5 lbs, where did it come from?!
Old 06-03-2011, 02:06 PM   #494  

S/C/G: varied over 130/122/110

Height: 5'2

mimi86, some could be water weight and then the whole measurements thing could be static because you're also building muscle. that's great that you're already seeing the differences yourself though! numbers don't matter. also, i haven't seen any changes in my measurements except my bust and i lost around ten pounds!

around 122 still. no comment either way. i am sort of thankful for this hot weather though because it really helps me eat less. too hot to eat ya know?
Old 06-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #495  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

Mimi86, I agree that some of that could be water weight. A little could also be food weight (if I ate, say, 1700 calories yesterday, I'd be a little heavier this morning than if I ate 1200 calories, just from the sheer weight of more food).

Other hypotheses: are you measuring at the same time of day? I always measure in the morning before I've eaten. Maybe you're not measuring in the exact same place each time? At small levels of weight/size loss, it can be difficult to see this accurately on a tape measure (I only take my "official" measurements once a month for this reason).

If you don't do 2 different waist & hip measurements, I'd try that, too. I measure the smallest part of my waist, and also around my bellybutton; for hips, I measure around my butt, and just above it. One month recently I lost a quarter-inch (if that) off the smallest part of my waist, but an inch and a half off my bellybutton measurement!

One more thing: when I do strength training for (for example) my legs, for the next day or two (assuming I worked hard enough), my measurements go up a bit in my thighs, hips, and butt. Same if I work abs, arms, etc. I believe this is because your muscles are holding some water while they are repairing themselves. So, if you're measuring after you've done some good hard strength training, that could be a factor.
Closed Thread