3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   October Feathers Let's Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/213783-october-feathers-lets-chat.html)

thesame7lbs 10-13-2010 04:02 PM

Chelsey, welcome to the 5'6" club! Here's a funny thread on losing an inch (from the maintainers forum).

:welcome: Ma26. Are you a mom of six? Fall is a great time to get back into running.

Changed, I have no doubt whatsoever that I could eat more than my calorie limit in five hours. Heck, I could have done it at breakfast today. When will I learn that I simply should not eat cereal? It is like crack for me.

I had a wonderful, delightful, absolutely lovely revelation recently. This is the first time in 20 years that I have not wanted to lose weight. Yep, maintenance is tough, and I am definitely scared of overeating and seeing the scale creep up -- but it is so nice, for the first time in more than half my life (and in my entire adult life) to be completely, entirely happy with the weight I am right now. Not in five pounds, not in ten pounds. Now. Today. Yahoo! :dancer:

Dianne042425 10-13-2010 04:26 PM

Petite - the last time I was measured height wise was when I was 18 so that means I really could have grown!! yahoooooo!!!!!!! :carrot:

Emma - My goal is def. still 120. I picked my goal at 120 because when I got down to 129 I still wasnt completley satisfied. My stomach looked great but I still wanted my arms and legs a little smaller. Maybe 125 and TONED will be fine. I dont want to lose my bubble butt now do I? :D

Amy - OMGAH! Your post is the very reason I have gone back to dieting so much. I CANT WAIT to be at that point in my life where I am not trying to lose weight. I am SOO incredibly happy for you and it only gives me more motivation. I dont even know what that feels like?? Explain it to me. Let me live vicariously through you :lol: Ever since puberty hit me in middle school (went from a size 00 in middle school to a size 5-7 juniors starting high school), I have wanted to lose weight! So you really are happy with the way you look and not just your weight? Like do you look in the mirror at times and think, well if only this was gone or this and that??

I love your analogy of crack and cereal. My crack would be peanutbutter. I cant stop at just a tablespoon!

One more hour left of work - and I just might have enough energy from my 203948239048 glasses of coffee to go running! woo! woo!

ma26 10-13-2010 05:01 PM

Thesame7- no I'm recently a step mom of 1. But never given birth to any. It's actually my initials and day of birth. By the way can one change their username? I have never liked it since I realized it looks like it means that!

ma26 10-13-2010 05:05 PM

:bravo::bravo::bravo:The same 7- that is incredible!!! What a great feeling! I pray I have the right acceptance of my body and weight when I meet my goal. I fear that I'll be one of those women who never thinks she is thin enough. Congrats that you got here and feel healthy and good about yourself!:bravo: :cp:

ma26 10-13-2010 05:06 PM

Plus 120 and 5'6" has got to be quite slender :)

krampus 10-13-2010 09:01 PM

Breaking news! I broke the 60 kg plateau and weighed in at 59.8 kg this morning. A tiny and fragile victory but seeing the tens digit go from 6 to 5 is a huge milestone! Now my Halloween goal of 58.0 doesn't feel so impossible.

ma26 - welcome! You're definitely a featherweight!

thesame7lbs 10-13-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianne042425 (Post 3520659)
So you really are happy with the way you look and not just your weight? Like do you look in the mirror at times and think, well if only this was gone or this and that??

Oh, I definitely look in the mirror and see things I'd like to change. I'd love delicate arms -- but I've realized that's just not the way I'm made. I'm still smaller on top and larger on the bottom. But I realize I've done all I can with weight. I'd like to explore strength training, and see how that might change my body. I also have fitness goals (faster half-marathon, eventually a marathon). But just knowing, after so long, that I've taken care of the weight - well, that is a huge relief. (BTW, here are some pics from my recent half-marathon -- about as scantily clad as I will ever be photographed :o) Overall, I am very happy with where I am right now, really psyched that I actually did this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ma26 (Post 3520714)
By the way can one change their username? I have never liked it since I realized it looks like it means that!

MA, I saw something in the FAQs the other day about changing usernames (didn't read it, but I know it's in there)

Krampus, :cheer: way to go!!! :cheer2:

krampus 10-13-2010 10:06 PM

Wow Amy, you look GREAT! So athletic! You have so much reason to be proud. I wouldn't blame you if you decided to prance around naked!

thesame7lbs 10-14-2010 08:58 AM

LOL -- so after that very happy post last night, this morning I am up a pound (no big deal) and my 5-yr-old daughter says, "Mommy, why is your belly big?" and her voice was clearly implying that she thought there might be a baby in there. HA!

Truth be told, I'm a little bloatey from impending TOM and pounding water this morning. :D

krampus 10-14-2010 09:03 AM

Giant banana split sundae tonight, but I'm not sorry. I just won't have one tomorrow. And I am definitely hiking that mountain Saturday.

Dianne042425 10-14-2010 09:29 AM

AMY!!!! :bravo::dance::dancer::cheer3::woohoo::cheer2::bro c::cheer:

You look AMAZING! And I am actualy quite confused as to why you think you are a pear - your legs are perfectly proportioned. And thats a lot coming from me because I am a huge leg critic :lol: And your arms look toned! Is that from the 30DS? Well, whatever you are doing, you look fabulous! You look like an athlete. Such inspiration!

Krampus - Good for you for not beating yourself up over a sundae!! I want one :nono: What time is it over there for you??

So just for kicks I weighed myself this morning (Knew I shouldnt because of TOM and all the bloating) but I was down 134.4!! Thats 1.2 pounds! I am exactly on tract of where I had made my goal weights. By the end of week two I wanted to be 134.6 and end of week 3 133.6 and I wanted to be 132 by Halloween! Maybe it is actually attainable! yay!! :carrot:

Have a thrilling Thursday! Almost Friday!!

Changed 10-14-2010 11:01 AM

Amy! You look incredible! And the fact that you can run... color me jealous!

I'm up a pound this morning but I think it's water weight. I ate a bunch of fresh kettle corn yesterday and ordinarily, I don't eat salty things at all. At least, iI was 129 last night and 129 this morning so that's my reasoning...

I'm really struggling with being in control. I tell myself that this is the last thing I'm going to eat tonight and then find myself wondering around the kitchen again. Suggestions?

I know that at this point it's just a matter of only getting 1100 calories and that's not very much but if I can just be strong a little longer I can have more in maintenance right?

Petite Powerhouse 10-14-2010 11:22 AM

I agree, Amy: I don't see the pear shape in these pictures or the one of you in that dress. You look perfectly in proportion as well as healthy, fit and happy. You look great! But it is definitely possible to re-sculpt your body through weight training. I did that, and continue to do it.

Petite Powerhouse 10-14-2010 11:28 AM

Chelsey, congratulations! You are so clearly focused and motivated. You are doing it!

Changed 10-14-2010 11:55 AM

day 3 of the 30 day shred. It was much easier to do it well and finish strong today. Has anyone else done it? Did you see real results?