3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   October Feathers Let's Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/213783-october-feathers-lets-chat.html)

DoraUK 10-20-2010 03:06 PM

Hi hi.

I've been hiding because I haven't been doing too well. Started the month at 126 and peaked at 130 + last week. Back down to 126, so things are looking up (or down )

I'm getting really impatient now, and dieting is way harder whilst working. I loved being a student and preparing my meals from scratch. And lunch hour doesn't provide healthy (and cheap) options.

So I've taken a drastic step, I've got one of those plans where they deliver a month worth of ready meals to your door, so now I won't have to think! Had my first meal for supper - and although it wasn't gourmet it was edible!

I'm hoping to reach 120 by November 22nd - I have the food so I'm gonna stick to it.

I'm glad that everyone is doing well. It must be so challenging at this time of year. Halloween isn't that big over here (an excuse for a party but not much else) and we don't have thanksgiving.

PLEASE let this be the last stretch!

kat999 10-20-2010 04:31 PM

Dora, which one are you doing? I've thought about that because I find lunchtime in particular SO hard to be able to control. I've tried doing pre-packaged diet meals (Lean Cuisine, Amy's Kitchen) before but I get SO BORED. The service thing probably wouldn't work for me for dinners, but it would be great for breakfasts and lunches.

Changed 10-21-2010 10:35 AM

Pumpkin cookie SHAME. I didn't weight this morning as I'm afraid that my time of the month hasn't been kind to my weight. Back on track and a brand new day. No baking.

Petite Powerhouse 10-21-2010 11:49 AM

Hey, all! Happy Halloween!

I'm hosting a Halloween party on Saturday and making TONS of food and baked goods for it. I'll be chewing gum the entire time to avoid eating any of it. :)

I haven't eaten any Halloween candy and don't plan to, and that isn't bothering me at all. Yay! It really is true that sugar cravings are a product of sugar consumption. There will be so much junk food at my party, but I know I won't be even tasting it. And while everyone else imbibes, I'll be drinking my yummy Snickers-tasting protein shake.

Dianne042425 10-21-2010 12:11 PM

Happy Thursday Feathers!!

Petite - I totally agree with your sugar comment. I never thought it was a true statement until I myself don't crave sugar as much anymore because I stopped eating so much of it. Our bodies are remarkable!

I have a question about maintenance. Lets say you up your calories to 1800 - 2000 a day. Wouldnt you still be losing weight considering your calories burned are probablyaround 2100 or so? I dont understand how that works. What are you maintainers keeping your calories at? I am not looking to go into maintenance anytime soon obviously but I am just curious!

It is getting a little too quiet in this forum for my liking feathers!!

thesame7lbs 10-21-2010 12:47 PM

Hi Feathers!

Neuro, when I'm having trouble getting back on the wagon, I find it very helpful to plan all my food and snacks for three days. Having a plan and not having to think about what I eat helps me immensely. Also, making sure I have some of my favorite foods around -- like greek yogurt, or grapefruit.

Dora, if I didn't have a family to cook for, I would definitely try one of those meal deliveries. Not having to think about it, having the portions controlled... sounds great!

PetiteP, what kind of protein drink do you prefer? Or do you have a variety of recipes? I am going to add a protein shake when I start lifting (plan: next week) and snickers-tasting sounds AMAZING!

Chelsey, what I a lot of people do is "ease" into maintenance by adding ~100-200 calories per day until they stop losing. I went straight to +300 calories a day. I can tell you since July 18 I average 2,125 cals/day which works out to roughly 1,835 net calories (assuming my burn estimates are at all accurate). Since that time I have gained 1.4 pounds (by which I mean, my weight bounces around a bit every day, but on July 18 I was 121 and today I am 122.4). So I suppose I should shave off maybe 50 cals/day. :D As we head into the holidays, in fact, I will probably aim for 100 cals/day less so I can enjoy parties and holiday meals without too much worry.

I head out of town tomorrow for my 20-yr reunion. My parents are here to watch the kids and my mom gave me a lecture about getting enough carbs b/c I said I can't eat cereal anymore. Helloooo! I offered to show her every bite of food I've eaten since May 1 and how I am rarely below 50% carbs. Jeez. I can only imagine the scrutiny I'm going to get from my inlaws at Thanksgiving...

kat999 10-21-2010 03:34 PM

Oh, my gosh, somebody mentioned Halloween. My downfall! I'm going to give away all leftover trick-or-treater candy to my students and husband, that's for sure! But the annual Halloween party we go to. Yikes! The crazy drinks, the yummy baked goods... what's a girl to do?

I'm thinking I may actually bring a crudité tray. The hostess won't mind, and that way I know there will at least be SOME things I can eat! I barely drink anymore, so maybe I'll just bring my own light beer or something equally pathetic. ;)

More than anything, I need costume ideas! I keep telling my husband I want us to get red and yellow tee shirts and go as "catsup and mustard," but he thinks that's dumb (and kind of not very creative). I argue that it's also cheap, easy, comfortable, and funny, but he's being stubborn. Any ideas? Obviously we have very little time, need to keep it fairly inexpensive, and we're in our late 30s so can't do really ridiculous, outrageous things and maintain our dignity. ;)

LindsB 10-21-2010 03:58 PM

kat999-there is a thread over in the 20-somethings area where people have posted what they are going as for Halloween...maybe you could find some good ideas there!

As for me..my husband will be RICHARD SIMMONS (BAHAHAHAHAHA) and i will be an 80's workout gal! I would have much preferred something cute/sexy, but seriously seeing my husband dressed up as Richard nearly brings tears to my eyes it is so hilarious!

Petite Powerhouse 10-21-2010 04:09 PM

Love the Richard Simmons idea!

I'm going as Selene from Underworld. I have the latex catsuit, a leather replica of the corset, the boots, the gauntlets.... I even bought the custom prescription contacts. Should be fun!

I'm in my late 30s, too. I figure, what the ****? I've been slave Leia for the last two years in a row. If I'm willing to go there, I can do this. At least my body is covered this time. LOL! (Seriously: wearing that costume the first time was soooo nerve-wracking.)

I love Halloween. I host a party every year, have a murder mystery, go all out. I've got the bloody shower curtain up, giant eyes and a mummy in my windows, a DVD of skeleton fish in different aquariums, lighted cat and pumpkin displays, giant spider webs with animatronic spiders, a ton of candle and LED spooky displays, black lights, skeleton and pumpkin string lights, an alien skull, a body coming out of its grave in the front yard, and on and on.... I carve pumpkins, go through corn mazes and haunted houses, go the Frightmares at Lagoon. I do it all. October 1 through January 1 is my favorite time of year.

Amy, I use the Gold's Gym toffee-flavored protein mix to make an amazing, low-cal Snickers shake. I'll post the brand and recipe when I get home. It's amazing!

Enjoy your reunion! You'll wow them.

krampus 10-21-2010 09:39 PM

Wow Petite that sounds really involved and awesome! I'm sure your guests have a great time every year. sounds like Halloween is your favorite holiday. I know it's mine...

I'm going with my boyfriend as Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love. He already looks like Kurt Cobain but I don't look like Courtney Love AT ALL so I hope people get it. I'm going to the Japanese Wal-mart store tonight ("TRIAL") to pick up pieces for my costume...thinking a $6 bra/panty set in the tackiest possible combination, a sort of see through nighty/teddy thing that I'm gonna have my friend put cigarette burns in, and some tacky patterned tights.

neurodoc 10-21-2010 10:29 PM

Doing better now, at least with my mindset. Thanks to your suggestions- drinking a bit more water, packed some miso soup and carrots for an afternoon snack yesterday and today, and managed to both plan my food and eat my plan. Whew, I really really hate that helpless out-of-control feeling. Now, I just need the scale to start moving downward again.

I love Halloween too, and look forward to it every year. My birthday is October 31st, so I come by my witchiness naturally. I think I may be a mermaid this year, though I don't have a good place to wear it to (I never get invited to parties anymore, and we are hosting my parents over that weekend, so I didn't plan a party at our place).

Good night Feathers; may your days be all on plan tomorrow.

thesame7lbs 10-21-2010 11:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
PetiteP, remember how i said you remind me of a friend of mine in New Orleans? Well, she LOVES Halloween too! She does an amazing haunted house and has hundreds of people come through. Seriously, she's your twin. I'm attaching a pic of her holding my DD at her haunted house 7 years ago...

Kat, I love the ketchup and mustard idea. I love easy and comfortable. I'm going to be a witch because I found a cute hat for $4 at the supermarket and then I'll just wear all black.

Linds, the Richard Simmons is hilarious! Please post pics.

Neuro, glad to hear you are back on plan. I remember the palpable feeling of relief when I got back in control after vacation. Will be tapping into that on Monday, methinks.

Better get to bed... I have some late nights coming up! :dancer:

kat999 10-22-2010 06:42 AM

Everybody's Halloween costume ideas are cracking me up, especially Richard Simmons/aerobics gal and Kurt and Courtney. :D

Dianne042425 10-22-2010 09:26 AM

Happy Friday Feathers!!!

And a happy Friday it is! I got to my Halloween goal weight before Halloween!! 132 on the scale today. I must have picked a magical number of calories to stay at and good combinations of food because Ive noticed I have been consistently losing around .6 pounds a day. I did the math (me being a numbers freak too Amy :dizzy:) and that must mean my body is burning 3400 calories a day? I wonder how that is possible. Maybe its just been dying to get rid of this weight lol When I did the crash diet, my weight loss slowed a lot when I hit around 129. So I am not looking forward to that plateau! EEEkk! I plan on starting my running 5 days a week next week. I dont know why - Ive just been not in the mood AT ALL to exercise latley. Anywhoo, I was pretty excited to see 132 today! New goal for Halloween 130.5!? Is it possible?? hmmm we'll see :D

I love all of your halloween ideas. I wish I had time, energy and money to be as creative as you all. Oh and a significant other to match with hah I think I will just repeat an old costume. Oh well!

Amy - Your daughter is so adorable!!!!!!! What does "DD" mean? Dear daughter? I seriously still cant figure out 3fc lingo. Have fun at your reunion!!

Have a fantastic Friday feathers!

Changed 10-22-2010 09:54 AM

Woo HOO! Go Dianne! That's awesome!

I'm... slacking. On my period, sugar craving, not caring, freezing all the time and too tired to move. (and sure would like it if the Dr. got back to me about my thyroid testing!) I'm going to do better today. I WILL work out. No baking again today. My goal isn't going to happen but I'd like to be at 125 by this sunday and 122 by next.