3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   May Day Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/197482-may-day-challenge.html)

shasha12 03-23-2010 12:46 PM

May Day Challenge!

For anyone who likes these short challenges on top of more long-term challenge goals. :D

I have 2 wedding to go to mid-May. I want to drop 10-15 lbs, which is highly unlikely for me at the rate I've been losing. But I'm going to try! This challenge ends 5/1, join and post your goals if you're interested!

My goals for this challenge will be 60 minutes of cardio + 30 minutes of strength training/toning 4x a week, and 30 minutes of stretching/yoga 5 or 6x a week for my back. I want to be at my second mini goal by the end of the challenge (25 lbs lost), so I'm ambitiously shooting for a 7lb drop. I don't have a scale (sister took hers back), but I'll try to weigh in as often as possible and report back!

Let's do this! :carrot:

natamars 03-23-2010 12:50 PM

May Day challenge!

OK, for anyone who just finished the first day of spring challenge - time for the next one! Do you want to lose weight, exercise more, drink more water?

I have two goals for May 1:to get under 130 and to average at least 40 minutes of exercise a day. I'm starting from Sunday, so that's 41 days and 1640 minutes, and 5.1 lbs. to lose. Off to make new tickers!

RLR 03-23-2010 01:54 PM

Great!

Let me follow your goal.
To average at least 40 minutes of exercise a day. That's 40 days and 1600 minutes.

shasha12 03-24-2010 10:41 AM

yeeessss

My goals for this challenge will be 60 minutes of cardio + 30 minutes of strength training/toning 4x a week, and 30 minutes of stretching/yoga 5 or 6x a week for my back. I want to be at my second mini goal by the end of the challenge (25 lbs lost), so that's a 7lb drop.

Met day 1 of my goals yesterday! I have a little extra motivation now, because my acting coach told me she has ppl she wants to introduce me to, but she wants me to lose weight beforehand. first impressions and all that!

Ilene 03-24-2010 03:18 PM

Hope nobody minds I've merged the 2 May Day Challenge threads..

chickapea 03-24-2010 04:15 PM

This is perfect for me - DH and I are sailing away on a cruise to Mexico on May 9th and I need to be in a bikini by then!

My goal is to lose 10 lbs by then. 109, I'm coming for you!! :jig:

natamars 03-27-2010 07:49 AM

chickapea, what a great motivator! good luck w/ your goal!

I am down a lb., but it may have something to do with the fact that I had a stomach bug and vomited all day yesterday. So until I feel up to it I'm sticking with very bland food and I missed the gym yesterday and will not go today either. Glad I got Zumba! in Thursday night. The whole family is sick - the house is a disaster. And the upstairs bathroom demolition starts Monday. AAUUGGHH!!!

danni 03-27-2010 08:01 AM

natamars - sounds like you are going through a rough patch. Hope things start looking up for you today. :getwell:

chickapea 03-27-2010 12:29 PM

Natamars, that sounds awful. Hang in there!

I am down 2 lbs from the start of the challenge! I'm so happy - my goal feels like it's really feasible now, I'm already 20% of the way there. I had a good night yesterday - saw a friend that I hadn't seen since starting to lose weight and he told me I was looking awesome. *Blush*

I was worried about last night because I had to accompany DH to his boss's house for dinner, who was making chicken vindaloo. I knew there was no earthly way that any of the food would be on-plan for me so I volunteered to bring a dish. I brought a giant tub of cucumber, tomato, and red onion salad and ate that with some of the chicken pieces picked out of the curry. (I apologized as I was picking! LOL! Luckily DH's boss and I are good enough friends that I didn't have to worry about offending - he even said he put in extra chicken in it for me.)

The salad was a big hit, and I came home 0.8 lbs down this morning! Woot!

shasha12 03-29-2010 12:21 PM

chickpea, great motivation ;) and 2lbs already?! looks like you're on track! that's so exciting!

natamars, :( soo sorry! feeling any better??

I'm down about a pound so far, but i had quite the weekend over at my sister's. eating and drinking, and all of that. i'm NOT weighing for a few days to give my body a chance to get rid of that water weight! the positive is that i've gotten all 4 of my workouts this week :D still, i'm back on track today, feeling like i can and should do better.

Robsia 03-30-2010 10:48 AM

May 1 is 32 days from now.

My weight loss goal is small - I would like to lose 0.1 lb a day (on average), which will come to 0.7 a week, or 3.2 in total, taking me down to 136.6.

I have been ill for about two weeks which kick started my weight loss - I lost 4 lb without trying, so I am going to carefully try to keep those 4 lb off, and lose a few more.

My exercise goal is to start running again as each time I go out I pull the same calf muscle, but there is a 10K on 9th May here that I did last year and would like to do again, so I really need to start training for that. It's been a week since my last attempt at running (got 0.6 mile before I hurt the leg again). If the weather is nice I may also try cycling - I have to take my little girl on the bike seat so I won't make her cycle in the rain!

shasha12 03-30-2010 04:45 PM

welcome robsia! careful with that calf muscle!

tkm256 03-31-2010 02:08 PM

Wow...all of you are so ambitious and are doing so well!

Like chickapea, I have a trip planned starting the 12th of May that I want to be ready for! No bikinis required, though ;) I have comparatively modest goal of a one-pound loss. As for exercise...hm. I think I'll keep up what I've been doing (2-3 miles on the treadmill 4-5 days a week) until I get to the point that I can wake up with nary a sore muscle the morning after the 3-mile days.

chickapea 03-31-2010 07:49 PM

TKM, if I were 2 lbs from goal, I'd be ecstatic with a 1 lb loss! That means only 1 lb away from goal, which is basically GOAL!

Robsia, it's 31 days now! I'd love to start cycling, my bike has been out of commission since DH and all my friends stopped mountain biking with me. I just need to get my butt in gear, clean my chain, and fill up my tires and hit the pavement. I'm one of those, never been a runner types, but I really love biking.

I have to share - I went shopping today to try on bikinis (torture, right?) to get a sense for how certain styles/brands fit because I do almost all my shopping online. And somehow I came home with my first bikini ever. :eek:

It's a bright blue with a bandeau/halter top with clear rhinestones and a matching bottom with little ruffles on the sides. I would have a really, really hard time being in front of anyone I know in this right now, but hopefully I'll have the confidence to have it on in front of DH and a cruise ship full of strangers on the Mexican Riviera.

Robsia 04-01-2010 02:44 AM

Well, after weeks of getting the weight to fall off to no avail, it's dropping off me now!

For this challenge:
SW: 139.8
CW: 137.6
GW: 136.6