Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default Featherweights and loose skin?

I'm not sure if I really count as a featherweight. I've lost over 30lbs since October, and I still have about 10-15 to go. So that's a fairly considerable chunk, but it's nothing like losing 100+lbs.

Well I was wondering, would loose skin be a problem after losing that amount? I look skinny with clothes on, but I'm not so pretty naked, lol. I just look kind of...well, lumpy. Some lovely cellulite dimples on the back of my thighs, and my whole midsection is just not smooth looking.

I realize that this is largely because I'm skinny fat. I lost my weight almost entirely from diet as opposed to diet and exercise. So while I lost the pounds, I'm unfortunately still about 30% body fat. I am definitely working on this now though with weights and some cardio. But even as I get firmer, I still have lumps around my midsection, and I'm wondering if some of that is loose skin from when I was heavier.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:37 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I really can't say for sure, but usually I'd say that amount of weight loss would not cause a lot of loose skin, genetics play a large part... BUT you should really start weight training all those lumps and bumps and maybe some of the cellulite will go away. Your body will take on a whole different shape. Also make sure your diet is super clean, processed foods cause cellulite, lumps and bumps...

Oh, and yes you are a Featherweight, so

Last edited by Ilene; 02-18-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Yes, welcome to featherweights!

I can only tell you about my skin. No, it's not pretty. However ... three babies, 49 years ... and I've never had a low enough body fat percentage for it to be just skin. So, I dunno ... maybe nicer than it is now?

And I think you and I have already talked about weight lifting
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm 27 (okay a few days shy of 28 lol) and have had four kids- the youngest is three months the oldest is 10.5 years. So, I'm not sure if my loose skin is from all the babies or all the fat. I'm hoping mine will go away too, especially in my belly, but I'm not sure how to go about it

Last edited by Crystalx5; 02-19-2010 at 08:19 AM. Reason: spelled 'skin' wrong lol
Crystalx5 is offline   Reply With Quote