Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #76  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

I got a notice that you have to have 25 posts - I thought it was only 20.

Last edited by danni; 02-11-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

NO TIME, my honey is kicking me off the computer... but just wanted to say I went on a little JOG today for the first time in months!! and I didn't die. fun more tomorrow... love you feathers!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #78  
Grandma on the Go!

Ms Perception
Thank you so more for the help. I really feel like an official feather now. I am totally impressed by all the weight you have lost - great job.

I got to the gym today and just did an hour of walking - but it helped get my engery level back up.

Last edited by danni; 02-11-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:03 AM   #79  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hello Feathers

I came back from my holiday on Tuesday but my bleeding computer died a death and I had to buy a new one - it's very sparkly and I'm most pleased with it! I daren't weigh myself - it's going to be horrific. I can't claim to have stuck even vaguely to my plan whilst I was away. I did OK for the first two days and then it was total disaster - I've learnt nothing, BIG SIGH. What's worse is that this weekend is one of my best friend's 40th birthday weekend. Not a birth "day" a birthday "weekend". It starts at 3pm which is in 3 hours here and ends on Sunday night, late. I've had to book Monday off work to get over it! I'm not going to even pretend to be on plan this weekend because it'll only wind me up when I've failed after the first bottle of wine. I shall enjoy myself thoroughly but at the back of my mind I'm looking forward to Monday and getting back into the swing of things.

I'm determined to do it this year. OH and I have booked some time off for a short city break in May (don't know where we're going yet - maybe Italy) so my aim is to be 145 by then. Even if I'm back to 160 (which I think I am) 145 is an achievable target in that space of time. Lent starts next Wednesday - anybody giving anything up for it?
Old 02-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

We have had a couple of weeks of upheaval in our lives ... economic, flu-like ... you know the drill. Blah blah blah ... and the blahs

Aaanyway ... I've got my head on straighter this morning. I'm boiling eggs and cooking chicken breast. I'm hunting for something to watch on TV while I'm on the elliptical. And planning the next week.
I'm off today (so I can do this stuff) and then I work six shifts in a row. I need to have lunch foods ready, an exercise plan in place ... the master of my own ship, so to speak.
Reeling my life back under control ... ahhh ....
Old 02-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Urgh. I've stayed away from these forums for a few days because I don't want to admit something: that dang pound is back and it's not going anywhere!

I think I'll just have to admit it: I have arrived at my "happy weight." Now I will learn to be happy about it. And work on just getting fit instead of fitting into a smaller size. Methinks I should start to seriously consider one of the goals I threw out there for 2010: be able to run three miles straight! I can currently muster maybe half a mile before I have to walk.

@ Susan: I'm sorry about the blahs. I've had the blahs the past couple of days too, because the snow killed the power at my workplace and I've been stuck at home, eating snacks instead of meals and worrying about how I'll make up the missed pay.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #82  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Susan and doughnut's posts remind me how easy it is to get derailed - for planned or unplanned reasons. I'm quite worried about this for myself, as my life will be in upheaval starting in about 10 days. We're moving for my husband's work, so that means some number of days stuck in a car, staying with friends while looking for a place to live, not having a gym immediately available - basically all of my patterns disrupted. I will be thinking lots about how to have some ground rules in place so that I don't destroy everything I have accomplished.

I'm going to have my body fat tested before I leave so I have some kind of marker, more than just my weight. Oh and I'll be reunited with my scale that measures body fat, so yay! Well, maybe not "yay" - I don't know what my results are yet...

Yesterday was not such a great day. I am in the middle of sorting out a bunch of messy financial stuff so I sat for way too long on the computer. Then was starving. Didn't feel like the salad I had planned (I don't know, I haven't wanted salad recently with all this snow outside), my soup was frozen solid, so instead of being patient, I just ate badly... I just tallied the calorie count for the day and it wasn't bad, less than 1400, but protein-light and not nearly enough fiber. I just felt awful about eating in that mindless out-of-control way. Something has definitely clicked about healthy eating!

So today is planned out - let's see if I can stick to it!

Oh and bablou00 - we are the same height and started at ~ the same weight. You are about 6 lbs lower than me now and probably way more in shape if you are doing Chalean. I hope you post more so I can see your progress...

tkm - Running 3 miles straight is one of my goals this year as well. I got up to 2.25 miles straight using C25K and now I'm run/walking sporadically but need to get more serious about doing it regularly again.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #83  

That's better! 30 minutes on the elliptical!

We can pull this out and perk things up tkm256. Please don't underestimate how awesome your body can be at any weight! And who knows what you'll accomplish as a side effect of your new running goal!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #84  
Grandma on the Go!

tmk12 - aren't those last pounds the hardest to lose?
I think that is a good plan to concentrate on other goals for now.

Doughnut - I hear you - I will be soon be leaving for a 4 day beach weekend with 11 other girlfriends - the food and drinks will be over abundant. I am going to take fruit, veggies, and my snacks - but I am not even going to pretend that I'm not going to share in the goodies. It's called life - live it!
I will consider this my break and get back on plan for Spring when I get back. Since this is my life plan - I feel ok about taking a break - as long as I get back on track. I feel that after a break I am more than ready to return to clean eating and exercise.

Susan - I am boiling eggs as I write this - being prepared - for me that's half the task. Good luck this weekend keeping that ship on course.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #85  

I am a firm believer in serendipitous happenstance.

I went to the grocery to get coffee and salad fixin's ... only ... On a whim, I grabbed a copy of Muscle and Fitness Hers. I have a subscription to Oxygen but needed a between issues boost Not only was there an article about the whole no grains thing, there was also the type of bio I've been looking for. Kristal Marshall was actually overweight and out of shape before she fixed herself up for fitness competion.
Very encouraging!
Old 02-13-2010, 01:14 AM   #86  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

went to a wedding today, and well >.> that definitly didnt keep me on plan lol
tomorrow im going to start fresh (its been a tough week) and also start my calorie counting which is going to be hard but it will be worth it. ive got about 9 weeks til im going to get my tattoo and i want to work of some of my love handles (cuz as of now, thats where my tattoo is going!)

i hope you ladies have had better weeks then me, heres to starting fresh tomorrow!
good night
Old 02-13-2010, 06:28 AM   #87  
Grandma on the Go!

Well I do not know what happened last night - but I just went off the deep end. Could not stop eating and drinking. Of course the scales are up - of course I feel terrible - why did I do that to myself. I must be an all or nothing girl. I am very ready to eat clean today. However I have that 4 day party coming up with the girfriends. So that will be interesting to see how I handle that. I guess there is no such thing as a "little cheat".

Last edited by danni; 02-13-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #88  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Good morning, everyone!

Looks like we're all in the same boat lately - is it a winter thing? Everything just seems so hard lately.

I posted on the V-Day challenge thread that I'm starting fat smash tomorrow. I have stayed the same the last two weeks and have been getting sloppy because I'm discouraged. Hoping the strict food list will keep me disciplined.

For tonight, a nice dinner out with DH. I am going to the gym this morning and swimming with my son this afternoon.

Happy V-Day, everyone!
Old 02-14-2010, 08:19 AM   #89  
Grandma on the Go!

After a week stall the scale finally gave up another .5 lb. So I am back on track and glad to be eating clean. Maybe my one-day binge was what I needed. Last night I was watching TV and I just wanted to eat - because munching goes so good with a good movie. But the good guy, , was able to beat back the , and I just chewed the heck out of some gum.

So I again feel like being OP does work and I just have to keep on keeping on. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Danni--I did the same thing yesterday; I made some baked doughnuts for my sweetie for V-day and ate three of them myself! (Damn Snackwells Trap. Fat-free is NOT calorie-free!) I'm glad it worked out for you, though--I really believe our bodies get suspicious if we underfeed them too long.

So today I'm up a pound in sugar weight (and maybe salt weight too), but I did start my "running three miles" goal yesterday. I only jogged half a mile again, but walked another two. The theory is that even if my heart muscle isn't strong enough to take the whole distance yet, if I keep walking my legs will be.
Closed Thread