3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Featherweights Plan and Chat in February (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/192839-featherweights-plan-chat-february.html)

100percentME 02-14-2010 11:07 AM

morning everyone. happy valentines day :)
im still 133 this morning, but no gain from all the junk i ate yesterday so i guess i should be thankful. today starts my calorie counting and trying to be on plan, but today also started TOM. blessing and a curse, cuz that means in a couple days i should lose some weight.

off to the gym later. so long as i keep my eating in check i should see a drop for tomorrow. :)

danni 02-14-2010 11:22 AM

tkm256 - I have read that walking is the one best thing you can do for yourself --- if you do nothing else. Years ago I lost by just walking one hour a day and cutting back on the eating. Now I keep seeing articles about short bursts of high intensity give you more results. So you might try a walk - run - walk - run workout. It had something to do about getting your heart rate up. I am also adding strength training to my activities. I am getting a little lazy in the exercise department :o.

kellost 02-15-2010 12:07 AM

Alright, Feathers...I'm here to admit that I WAY overindulged in the Valentine's chocolates, candies and other foods today. I know that candy is my enemy. It's like, I can't stop eating it once I start. Tomorrow is going to be better. The candy isn't doing me any favors. I am dumping it in the trash or sending it to work with my husband tomorrow. I need it out of my house.

danni 02-15-2010 06:29 AM

Kellost - that's what Mondays are for - fresh start!

I am down another .5 lb. the extra fruit and veggies sem to be working.
I didn't do any major exercise yesterday - clean the house and use the step box while watching TV - but it was moving as I guess it helped.

If anyone hasn't tried the packages of Steamers (frozen vetetables) that you just pop in the microwave for 6 minutes you might give them a try. I usually mix 2 packages together for a variety. They really help fill me up.

tkm256 - TodayI hit 130.5. Come on let's work to see the scale hit 129! I will be happy with anything in the 120's.

Doughnut 02-15-2010 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danni (Post 3149160)

Doughnut - I hear you - I will be soon be leaving for a 4 day beach weekend with 11 other girlfriends - the food and drinks will be over abundant. I am going to take fruit, veggies, and my snacks - but I am not even going to pretend that I'm not going to share in the goodies. It's called life - live it!
I will consider this my break and get back on plan for Spring when I get back. Since this is my life plan - I feel ok about taking a break - as long as I get back on track. I feel that after a break I am more than ready to return to clean eating and exercise.

Have a wonderful time Danni, it sounds like good fun.

Well I got on the scale this morning and it was as bad as I expected - 159.6 but I've had a helluva fortnight - a really, really good time so I kind of don't care. Got to get back into it now but I really feel like doing it so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Also I'm totally motivated by my next holiday break at the end of May. Wherever we go it'll be European and I always feel like such a hideous heifer next to the glamourous Italians/French/Spanish. I can remember how bad I felt last time I went and this time I have 3 months to do something about it.

natamars 02-15-2010 08:27 AM

doughnut and danni, sounds like some good vacations you have coming up!

kellost, good idea to get the chocolate out of the house! i was making dinosaur molds for my son and kept picking at the extra chocolate. plus dessert at dinner out with dh and a few glasses of bailey's(haven't had that in years - forgot how tasty it is). so yesterday i went totally off sugar and i was SO CRANKY. i hope it gets better!

i did go ice skating and did 45 minutes of cardio at the gym yesterday, and totally stuck with the fat smash menu. i'm off from work today so i'm doing a body sculpting class at the gym this morning and a cardio dvd at home later. also going to make a big salad, cook some lentils and brown rice, and generally prep for the week.

have a great day!

srmb60 02-15-2010 08:28 AM

Good morning!

This is my week of evenings, so my challenge will be the evening munchies. After I get all my patients settled for the night and sit down to do my charting ... oooo .... bad scene!
I might have to go to the grocery and find something crunchie and low cal and cut it up into wee bits.

Ilene 02-15-2010 10:05 AM

I was sick :barf: yesterday for Valentines Day, so I didn't get the chance to make the nice salmon supper I had in mind... Today I will make the nice supper, I feel much better :yes: ...

I've been staying on track but no weightloss or not much weightloss...

Danni and Doughnut, I am envious of your vacations, DH and I are not going anywhere this year :(, well not for the winter break that is ... I am going to push for somthing interesting this summer though, I can guarantee that ...

shasha12 02-15-2010 11:18 AM

guess what?! I went down a belt loop!! :carrot: I'm not weighing daily anymore, I was going crazy, but I can tell my body is responding! yay!!

Ilene 02-15-2010 01:37 PM

shasha -- :bravo:

miss may 02-15-2010 02:07 PM

Hi feathers, I've decided I'm going to try and make the final push for those last three kilos, and I definitely need some help to stay on track, so will be posting in this thread a bit, hopefully!

Doughnut, I'm with you on the vacation motivation. I'm planning on going to south-east Asia for a few months backpacking in about June, so definitely want to be fit and looking good so that I can carry that pack around and also feel good about myself on the beach.

Anyway, am just heading away to do some yoga. Have been doing it daily for the past week and it's made me feel so much better. Do my part of the one hundred pushups challenge, and walk to work. Am easing back into it as I had a terrible migraine all day yesterday so don't want to push myself too hard.

danni 02-15-2010 04:18 PM

shasha12 - super! :cool: It's the whole package - not just the number on the scale.

Ms Perception 02-15-2010 11:27 PM

Sounds like the weekend was a challenge for more than just me. I'm glad to say today was POP and I'm feeling good. I've decided I may be at or very near my end weight. I just feel very comfortable where I am for now. I know running will get me more toned and slim me down as I add miles....it's has that effect on me. So, I figure as I work my way through this marathon training, I'll be quite pleased with the changes that will come with it physically. The number on the scale means very little to me now (as long as it stay at or below where it is).

danni 02-16-2010 06:17 AM

Today the scale was nice again - it went down another .5 lb. :carrot: I babysat yesterday and will again today so running after the boys is about all the exercise I am getting in. I did go up and down the stairs about 10 times to get the heart pumping in the morning and I jumped on the stepper a couple of times throughout the day. I think trying to get in all the servings of fruit and veggies is helping the most.

Now the worry - the 4-day vacation with the girlfriends. I go to the store tomorrow before we leave on Thursday so I'ave decided that my contribution to the feast will be a huge salad everynight. I will weigh in on Monday morning when I come back and hope that the damage will not be too bad.

Ms Perception - I agree with you - the scale is just a number - I do mention it alot because I am one of these people that weighs every day.
The most important guide for me is the mirror - when those love handles are gone, the number on the scale can settle on anything it wants to. My clothes are fitting so much better and when I go to the doctor in April I want those lab reports to be good. I am in awe of the progress you have made - what a success story you are!

100percentME 02-16-2010 09:26 AM

morning everyone. ms perception, i cant wait til im at the point where the number is no longer a focus. im eager to get where you are. :)

i gained some weight last week but now that TOM has arrived i should be able to get it off within a couple days. Im at 133.8 currently, which is good and all, but its still frustratingly close to the darn 120's. my goal is to be in the 120's by march but we'll see if my body decides thats a good idea or not lol
today has started off on plan and the valentines day candy is finally gone :) so hopefully tomorrow the scale will be nice to me.
off to school and then to the gym, hope everyone has a fantastic day!