3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   unrecognizable (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/192591-unrecognizable.html)

100percentME 01-28-2010 11:49 PM

unrecognizable

so, this is just a little moment of my day that i figured you ladies might relate to, or even if you just understand what i mean. i dont really have anyone else who can relate to moments like this :)

so ive always had a huge desire to have a thin face. as a person with a rounder head, right when i became overweight my face looked very fat. i admire women with fabulous cheekbones. i mean, a heavy body you can cover up and make it look fierce with good clothes, but your face...you cant really make that look any thinner or fatter than it is. So anyway, ive always had a fat face, and so i pay a lot of attention to other people's face shapes.

As i was walking to class this morning, i saw a girl in the distance walking out the door that i was going to walk in. I remember thinking "well shes not perfect but she has a pretty thin face." yep you guessed it, as i approached the door, i realized that it was me.
i felt pretty stupid for not even recognizing myself, but in truth ive always avoided my own reflection. im to the point where i dont even know what i look like. but i was pleasantly surprised :)
I guess it just goes to show how little i pay attention to my own accomplishments.
so ya, i figured that if anyone, you ladies would understand my story. :)

Nikohl 01-29-2010 12:08 AM

I have those high cheekbones to and I totally understand what you are saying about how you think it may not change-but the best thing is, it usually does.
You must have felt on cloud nine with butterflies in your stomach when you realized it was you! Thats awesome!!

Sunsera 01-29-2010 01:31 PM

That's fantastic. I'm normally thin, but I gained almost 100 pounds with my first pregnancy and it took forever to lose it. I would hate to look at my reflection in the mirror because my face looked so strange to me. When I finally regained my "skinny girl" face, I was so elated - even if it took 18 months, it was worth it! Now I've just had another baby - only 25-30 pounds to lose, but my oh my, I'm noticing how "soft" my jawline is. So I look forward to that epiphany again that you're experiencing! You can always Spanx your body, but your face...shows everything!

gardend1va 01-29-2010 02:13 PM

What a huge boost to your self confidence and motivation that must have been! I can totally understand your elation at that moment. Congratulations to you!

tkm256 01-30-2010 10:47 AM

I have a really round face too (d*mn Chinese genes). I hate smiling in pictures because when my eyes get squinty my entire body looks fatter than it is! So not fair.

Ilene 01-30-2010 04:23 PM

Yes, I can definitely relate :yes: ... My face it the first place I notice I gain weight too, I lose my cheekbones and get a very square faced, and I look much older than 50ish...