3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   5’4 - 5’5 ladies, what is you perfect weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/192393-5%924-5%925-ladies-what-you-perfect-weight.html)

onthedietagain 01-27-2010 02:50 PM

5’4 - 5’5 ladies, what is you perfect weight?

I am just curious…some signatures on boar here shows that ladies who is 5’4 – 5’5 have goal weight bellow 120 lb…isn’t it too low? I mean, I was watching Golden Globe and I have to say Jennifer Aniston, who is 5’5, looks absolutely amazing, my guess she weight around 124 lb. I think her curvy body looks so much sexier and healthier then …Angelina Jolie skinny figure:judge:

Does anybody else think that bellow 120lb for 5’4 – 5’5 woman is too low …no curves is not sexy, don’t you think? I was 119 lb ones in my life and I though I looked great, now I look at photos and think that it was way too bonny and what my husband refer “not yummy” .

Fat Pants 01-27-2010 03:11 PM

I'm slowly realizing/learning it's not so much about the number on the scale for me but rather body fat percentage, measurement, generally feeling toned, etc. I put my goal at 135, but honestly, if I land anywhere between 130-140 and feel GOOD about myself, I'm not going to fret about the number on the scale. It probably also depends on your bone structure, genes, and what not. I think 120 would be too low for me, but I have a medium frame.

I agree, I think women look better with curves. :D

Firecracker777 01-27-2010 03:14 PM

It does seem low but I guess its all about your body figure. I'm shooting for 140-130. Ive never been there so I dont know how it will look! lol

onthedietagain 01-27-2010 03:26 PM

Fat Pants...time to change the nick name! Congrats on weight loss! Waw, did you count calories?

I agree with you that a lot depends on bone structure. I have small/thin bones, my skeleton is petit)))) and maybe that is why 140 lb looked on me like 160 on me .

RMatS 01-27-2010 03:50 PM

I think it's a personal choice. As long as you're in the BMI range of healthy, I have nothing to say. But I always wonder the same thing when I see folks who have a goal close to an 18.5 BMI. When I was 17, I weighed less than 110, and I can see now that I looked unhealthy, although I could wear all of the hot clothes (umm, like they were hot in the eighties, anyway). Plus, I had no energy ever.

Fat Pants 01-27-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onthedietagain (Post 3120565)
Fat Pants...time to change the nick name! Congrats on weight loss! Waw, did you count calories?

I agree with you that a lot depends on bone structure. I have small/thin bones, my skeleton is petit)))) and maybe that is why 140 lb looked on me like 160 on me .

Thanks! I do count calories for the most part. Lately I have been trying to pay attention to my carbs and proteins... up the protein, lower the carb... not extreme or anything but enough to get those final 9 lbs off!

In my case, I think I look 10 lbs heavier than I really weigh because I haven't incorporated weight lifting until very recently. I still feel I have a lot of fat on me - of course when I started at 200+ lbs I just wanted to lose weight... toning be damned! ;) That's why in my case, I may only lose 5-10 more lbs but if I can shed some of the actual fat, I think I'll look smaller than I really weigh. does that make sense?

I agree if you have a petite frame then you can go lower. I am amazed that some women who are 5'4" can get to 120 and below but then I have to remind myself that they may be built differently than me! :)

ennay 01-27-2010 06:13 PM

For me it would be, but I have a friend who is almost 5'8" who's weight is usually around 125. (Cant remember which) She has the bones of a bird. She seriously wears something like a size 3-4 ring and her wrists are so tiny she has to wear kids watches. So even though her BMI is low, it is the right weight for her body.

littlemissbliss 01-27-2010 10:44 PM

Jennifer A. is widely reported to weight around 110lbs, actually. It just goes to show you how much bigger people appear on camera. I saw Demi Moore here recently, and I couldn't believe how thin and small she is. I expected a normal size person, but she looked like I could pick her up and snap her in half. No wonder actresses are obsessed with their weight.

maenad 01-28-2010 06:43 AM

depends on your frame. I am medium, but i think i look best at 110. I try not to focus on the weight, but rather on how i feel. when you work out, you gain muscle weight, so you might look like your 110, but really be 120.

I am about 124 right now, but look heavier because i am pure fat!

DogMomNP 01-28-2010 11:56 AM

I think it depends on one's frame, too. I was loving life when I weighed 110, too skinny when I was 107 (this only lasted a few months).

Aunty Jam 01-28-2010 12:01 PM

I've been wondering the same thing.... I'm really not sure what my weight should be. I had originally picked 135, but was afraid I might not get there. I'm broad across the shoulders and hips.

littlemissbliss 01-28-2010 01:23 PM

I'm 5'3", so not quite 5'4"/5'5", although people think I'm taller because they rarely see me without three inch heels on, lol. I'm 40 now, but when I was in my 20's, I weighed around 124lbs. I'm very much a "v" shape, fairly wide shoulders, large bust, (36C), kind of wide waist, with narrow hips. At that weight, (125lb-ish), I was a size 4/6.

As I've gotten older, my once fiery metabolism has slowed. Now that I've lost almost 25lbs, I'm back to a size 6/8. Because of my tendency to carry weight in my abdomen, I'm doing my best to lose another 15 or so lbs, so I can hover a bit under 130lbs, which is probably the thinnest I can manage at this age, and maintain.

tkm256 01-30-2010 10:43 AM

I'm actually 5'2", but I do want to add to the chorus of "body shape!" I'm short, but bulky. When I was a teenager I dropped down to 110 pounds, which the doctors said was perfect for my height, but I looked disproportionate because of my broad shoulders and big rib cage. At 130, I'm already an A cup. I'm aiming for 125 because I think anything below that would be seriously un-sexy. Those five pounds had better come from my thighs.

Joan 01-30-2010 11:25 AM

It is definitely a personal choice. At 20, I was 120 and looked perfect. At 49, if I managed to get down to 120, it would look like Trying Too Hard.

Personally I think if I stopped pigging out and got normal, everyday exercise (housework, dog walking), I would probably weigh around 140. Then I would strive for just that little extra wiggle room, and so my ideal weight would end up at 135.

Movie stars kind of have to be thin to photograph well. But I do think in the 1940s and 50s their look was more natural, less worked-out.

Amba Dawn 02-09-2010 09:07 AM

I'm gonna chime in because I'm a 5'4 gal who once got below 120lbs and looked way too thin. It was during my early years of high school and I was very athletic during that time--I was usually between 115-120. Around my junior/senior year I didn't play as many sports and got up to 130-135. Of course at the time I thought I was fat because I had put on weight, but looking back now I can see that 115-120 was way too thin for me....but 130-135 was perfect-I was thin, but I wasn't skin-and-bones. I'm a medium frame with more of an athletic build--so I think I look better at the upper side of a healthy BMI range. In fact, I've even considered changing my goal weight to maybe 140-145ish instead of 130-135 because I'm almost to the point now (at 155) that I really don't look that much heavier than I did at 130-135--all I really care about now is shedding just a few more inches and getting toned.