3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Featherweights Plan and Chat in August (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/178184-featherweights-plan-chat-august.html)

srmb60 08-02-2009 09:15 AM

Featherweights Plan and Chat in August

Oh ho! It's the second of August already!

What's up Featherweights?

I'm starting the month with a 12 hr shift. I'm not used to that and will have to plan my food carefully. I've got the fixin's in the fridge and just have to toss it into containers for all my minimeals.

I did pretty well with the elliptical the last couple of weeks. I can do that again in August, yup.

BKKchick 08-02-2009 09:57 AM

Hello, first post in the Featherweights forum!

I am 7lbs from goal, and it's tough! I always tend to become complacent right about now. Hiccup #1: I went to a welcome dinner for all the new teachers at our school. That part went fine. But we decided to go out afterward, and let's just say I'm keeping a lot of secrets from FitDay. I tend to be pretty introverted during the year, so one of my goals has been to be more sociable, but I need to learn how to do that and not take in too many calories. Not easy!

Moderation, moderation, moderation! How can I ever do it??

Doughnut 08-04-2009 04:50 AM

:welcome2: BKKchick. I know exactly what you mean about becoming complacent when you get close to your goal. I've done it too many times.

I'm back from the bosom of my cake-loving family and a quick step on the scale told me all I feared. I refuse to move my ticker as the weight's not staying and the number's scared me!

Ilene how did the practical go? I am beyond impressed that you've trained to become a personal trainer.

srmb60 08-04-2009 05:31 AM

Good morning!

The scale was a bit of a surprise this morning but it reflects how I feel. Super puffy, a bit of a headache ... yuck! And I thought that (for a change) I didn't eat too badly over the weekend.
As for exercise, I only got one walk in and I haven't been on the elliptical for a few days. I guess that's my plan for later today.

Julietta 08-04-2009 05:58 AM

doughnut I'm with you!
I havent' stepped on the scale (YET) this morning, but I know it will show an higher number because last night I terribly binged (yes I'm a "chick in control" user eheheh... recovering from BED... but I guess I can be a featherweight too :p)... anyway I will NOT move my ticker! :D Because I've been 131 for a month now, so I think it's quite a "permanent" weight and I should not be too scared if when I get home (I'm at work now) I see an higher number. It WILL come down, right? RIGHT? ehehhe. sorry for this monologue, I just needed to vent a little to reassure myself :carrot:

BTW... last month I wrote here in the forum that I was scared to go on holidays, because there was the high possibility to binge and overeat and gain back too much weight... well, actually I DID BINGE a lot, and I was superscared to step on the scale when I came back... but I was also determined not to give up. I'm not giving up... even if I'm not perfect!
Anyway... after my holidays I gained JUST ONE pound... almost a miracle, I thought at least 6 ehehhe! And that pound is already lost back.
Now I just have to stay CALM and FIRM and re-lost what I surely gained last night:carrot:

I will come back here for accountability... and to read about your journeys too, of course! :hug:

timetostart 08-04-2009 08:54 AM

Scale did not move in the right direction in July. Same goal for August - to see lucky 13 at the begining of my weight. Back to basics and being accountable for what I eat. I could list excuses but they are just that excuses.

RangerChic 08-05-2009 09:01 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm thinking positively about those last pounds melting off in the next few weeks! I'm zig zagging my calories this week and upping the intensity during my workouts. Hoping to be at 130 when I leave for my vacation on the 25th (less would be good too!). Took Sunday off this week for rest day and will probably take off Thursday as well since I think I'm going to do JM's Kickboxing dvd today before work.

Ilene 08-05-2009 12:51 PM

:welcome: BKKchick :wave: ... Complacency is the story of my weightloss journey too, hence the reason I am never very long in the maintainers forum :lol: ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doughnut (Post 2858675)
Ilene how did the practical go? I am beyond impressed that you've trained to become a personal trainer.

Thank you for asking Doughtnut, the practical went very well :yes: I am now a certified personal trainer, at 52 :faint:... I can't believe it myself... I have no idea what I will do with it, I did it only for personal satisfaction. I do have 2 clients at the moment and between the two of them I stay very busy plus I also work part time at school mornings only 8:30 to noon, I love it....

Quote:

Originally Posted by timetostart
Same goal for August - to see lucky 13 at the begining of my weight.

:lol: what a cute way of putting that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julietta
I'm not giving up... even if I'm not perfect!

I think you're doing very well :yes: ... I don't think that to lose weight, and more importantly to maintain this weight loss later, perfection is not key but consistency is... No one can be perfect, IMHO....

RangerChic, SusanB :wave:

Today so far has been a good day, biked 25k, tonight back/biceps at the gym :strong: ... Food so far has been good, but only two meals have gone by ... Oh, well, good news though, I was down 2# this morning :dance:

srmb60 08-06-2009 08:14 AM

I've gone awry!
My work schedule is just a mess and I've let it mess with my head.
Calmly now ... calmly now ... back to the beaten path.

Harps 08-06-2009 08:37 AM

Hello ladies! I am new to the featherweight section. I have been back on track this week and have lost 2lbs so far. My big fear is the weekend because I always lose sight of my goals when just relaxing with my husband. My mini goal this weekend is to only go off plan for one meal. Saturday afternoons we like to go out for lunch. I will allow myself some good eatin but only that! Fingers crossed I can make that happen! I am HORRIBLE on the weekends! I am so close to breaking into the 140s and I want to see it on my scale darn it!

fingers crossed!

Julietta 08-06-2009 08:58 AM

Harps you can do it! :carrot:
Just be relaxed and don't even think too much about it... too much concentration could be FATAL! :D
(at least for me... if I think too much something like "don't eat don't eat"... I end up in eating more than I would have "felt" naturally, without thinking :dizzy:)

Ilene thanks for your support!
And OMG, not only you are doing a LOT of exercise (compared to me, at least! ehehe)... you are also a personal trainer, wow!
Great success!! :D:carrot:

srmb60 08-06-2009 09:01 AM

I have a funny for you all.

My son ate a piece of my cheese while I was at work yesterday. This is the note he left ... "Is the cow laughing because the cheese is gross!"

Harps 08-06-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanB (Post 2862212)
I have a funny for you all.

My son ate a piece of my cheese while I was at work yesterday. This is the note he left ... "Is the cow laughing because the cheese is gross!"

hahaha I like that! Thats pretty funny :)

Ilene 08-06-2009 11:50 AM

Great sense of humour your son has Susan... Susan, just breath and this too shall pass, breath OM :yoga: ... :hug: ...

Harps, yes the weekends are tough, for me it's the wine :cheers: ... Susan knows I loves me wine :yes: ... Susan I had to go buy another box of wine, and even that one is getting lighter :lol: but I must say that last weekend we were 3 of us on that box, so it isn't ALL my consumption :lol: ...

This morning 20k, tonight if my running buddy doesn't call to cancel, 5k run... no weight training today because I need to go to a wake tonight, a friends mother passed away..

Let's be careful out there girls... Later !!

Harps 08-06-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 2862495)
Great sense of humour your son has Susan... Susan, just breath and this too shall pass, breath OM :yoga: ... :hug: ...

Harps, yes the weekends are tough, for me it's the wine :cheers: ... Susan knows I loves me wine :yes: ... Susan I had to go buy another box of wine, and even that one is getting lighter :lol: but I must say that last weekend we were 3 of us on that box, so it isn't ALL my consumption :lol: ...

This morning 20k, tonight if my running buddy doesn't call to cancel, 5k run... no weight training today because I need to go to a wake tonight, a friends mother passed away..

Let's be careful out there girls... Later !!

I like to drink on the weekends too, which often leads to...well, to be honest, these days I'm not too sure. In spite of revealing too much about myself, I am somewhat recovering from addiction. I wrote about it in my blog. And my husband is now "recovering" as well because I refuse to do drugs anymore, so he's just SOL basically. I don't think he's happy about it per se, but he knows I am right, so what can he do?
So anyway, on the weekends I would drink, do drugs and chain smoke, I try not to smoke cigarettes anymore either, so as hard as this may be for most of you to understand, I sort of don't know what to do with myself anymore. Being high for fun for basically the past 17years has left me with a gaping hole as to how to have fun without some sort of substance. I don't even really like drinking. I never did, but when I mixed it with getting high, it was tolerable.

I think that may be why I love exercise so much lately. It satisfies my need to be messing with my body somehow (fortunately this is a good thing!!) and
this is where food comes in too I guess....the weekends have become weird. My DH is not healthy and does not really care for healthy activities. He's tall and slim by default.

sorry ladies, probably said too much here...