3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   April Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/168231-april-goals.html)

Su-Bee 04-01-2009 08:13 AM

April Goals

My April goal is 134. something. The scale is 138.8 this morning, but I've seen 137 and even 136 earlier this week. I'm at the point where the weight is coming off very slowly, & I have to be super on-track to lose, so I figured setting a monthly goal would help me out.

Anyone else want to share their monthly goals & objectives?

Thighs Be Gone 04-01-2009 11:12 AM

Su-Bee. My goal is the same as yours--I will be 134 at the end of April. :) I was 137 on the head this morning for my own future reference.

linniet 04-01-2009 01:27 PM

Hello, I am new here, just joined this morning. I believe I have to be on for 20 days before I get a signature and one of those cool little tracker things. :)
Sitting at my "OMG enough is enough" weight, which, at my height of 5.4ish is around 149. Usually the fear of hitting 150 is what gets me going.... and the fact that not even my fat jeans fit....so my goal for April is to get below 142. Final goal is 132 but I haven't seen that in 12 years so I will have to reevaluate lowest I have been since having kids is 135. So April means 7lb for me.... will be checking in with you ladies often!

JadeBlue14 04-01-2009 04:06 PM

I want to finaly be under 140. and a solid under, not just 139.9. I will make the scale move eventually

MonteCristo 04-02-2009 08:56 AM

My April goal is to get down to 148. I would love to get to 145, but I will be content with 148.

Dianeofnka 04-02-2009 12:40 PM

I would like to get to 143, a loss of 2 pounds. My weight loss has gotten super-slow, and I've reached the 6 month "I am so tired of concentrating on this every minute!" phase. I maintained for a month Feb-March, and now the scale started moving again.

mctinez 04-04-2009 12:55 PM

My goal is to keep up with my exercise (at least 4 times per week) and track my calories EVERY DAY for the rest of April. If I stick to this plan I will reach my goal of losing 3 lbs by the end of April.

sweet_talker 04-04-2009 05:01 PM

I'm in! I would LOVE to be at 132 by the end of the month...I think it's pretty reasonable, I haven't weighed myself in over a week and I hope to have dropped a couple pounds since the last weigh in. Also, I'll be done school soon and have way more time (and less room for excuses) for exercise!

Su-Bee 04-04-2009 05:20 PM

Ok, so Thighs Be Gone gets the award for meeting her April goal the soonest...like, within 2 days?!? Awesome job, lady!

I am having a kind of freaky binge day today...actually eating the peanut butter I've been craving for 2 weeks has kind of put me over the edge...but I will get back on track quickly & meet my goal by the end of the month!

embee918 04-06-2009 08:31 AM

My goal is just not to gain anything in April. We have a couple of holidays planned, Paris for Easter and then a warm holiday in Egypt.

Paris I am nervous because of all of the GREAT FOOD! But, we'll be walking tons for 5 days so hoping that will help balance.

My trip to Egypt is going to be much tougher, guess I can swim to stay really active.

I just want to enjoy my trips without the guilt and without ruining all of my hard work!

Any suggestions??

-Mel

Robsia 04-06-2009 11:22 AM

Well, my current weight loss goal is a nice steady 1/2 a pound a week, which will get me to my goal of 126 by August. So according to my excel spreadsheet, my end of April goal weight is 133.5!

I'm already at 134 so I have a bit in hand - but the problem with that is one meal out can undo 2 weeks' weight loss, and as I posted on the weekly chat thread, I have a tough 10 days ahead of me food-wise.

So I think my goal will be 133 so then even if I screw up a bit I have time to get down and stay ahead of the game.

Su-Bee 04-10-2009 08:14 AM

Well, according to the scale, I hit 133.8 this morning (jumped over the 134s completely!). So that's my April goal, just before Easter. (I know I'll pop back up a bit this weekend, though, just b/c of all the events planned. Still, I saw it today, so I will see it again!)

Now, what happened LAST month was that I hit my monthly goal right around St. Pat's day, then saw no progress at all for the rest of the month - so this month, with 20 days left, I'll try to get at least down to 132 by then!

Thighs Be Gone 04-10-2009 08:17 AM

Su-Bee and ladies: (yes, Su-Bee is a lady too) :)

Last Friday my scale read 133 three times consecutively. I posted I had reached goal. I have never, ever had problems with the scale before. The very next morning it went up to 137 and there it stayed until today. Today I am at 136. I am continuing this challenge. I hope you don't mind and I am sorry for posting a false goal reached! :(

Thighs Be Gone 04-10-2009 08:21 AM

I want to ask all of you something since we are all similar weights. Do your ribcages protrude when you look in the mirror? How about your hip bones?

I am currently in a size 4--easily and not squeezed into the size--LOL. I don't know if it's possible for me to go to a lower size because my frame alone won't "seem" to allow it. I have also read though that some fat is stored under--maybe I will continue to shrink? I would adore being a size 2 when I am finished.

What do you think?

Su-Bee 04-10-2009 08:31 AM

Hey Thighs Be Gone -

You know what, when my weight drops, it ALWAYS does that. Like, today I saw 133.8, which I've never seen before - but tomorrow, no matter how on-plan I am today, it'll probably be 135 or so, and then it will slowly, over a few days or a week, drop down again to the 133 or a bit lower. I always count the first time I see it for my ticker change, b/c I know that if I stay OP, it'll be back - HOWEVER, I try to wait until it's a consistent weight before I allow myself to have my mini-goal reward (which for below 135, is a new piercing - can't wait!).

Anyway, re. your sizing issue - I have, as an adult, had my weight as low as 122-123 (which was NOT healthy for me), and I have NEVER been below a size 4. That's my bone structure, it has nothing to do with fat.

When I stand normally, neither my ribcage nor my hipbones protrude. I honestly don't think I would want to see my ribs when standing normally - in my opinion, that would be TOO thin (and I don't remember being able to see ribs/hipbones even at 122). That said, in my yoga practice, there are a number of poses that do cause my ribcage to "pop" against my skin - and THAT I think is pretty cool, because I remember when it did not happen!