Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-Bee View Post
Ali, based on your stats, I think it's totally doable for you to hit your goal (& in a healthy fashion!) by July. But maybe you should also look at what is keeping you from losing as quickly as you'd like, & set some goals in those areas. I posted somewhere else about it, but in addition to my "x pounds by x date" goals," I also set daily goals each morning in writing. Today, for example, it's "yoga, 30 min. elliptical, keep protein up." I find this really helps to keep me focused on the small things I have to do today to make it to the big goal down the road!
Sue~I did this. And then failed. I was writing down everything I ate, with the calories, for several weeks in January. I don't know why I stopped. I do have daily exercise goals which I'm very good at meeting. I do 30 minutes on the treadmill followed by some sit ups and push ups.

I think that as soon as next week is over I'll be prepared to really have a go at this. The next few days will just be too difficult...two days of restaurant food, my birthday, and then a "Pinot Patio Party" next Thursday (benefits the YMCA).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #32  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

ugh...lunch today was worse than I thought. Lets just say the only way for me to hit my target calories today would be if I had nothing else the rest of the day. Thats not gonna happy, nor would it be wise

The sad thing is in retrospect I cant think of much I could have ordered different. They just have nothing remotely healthy there. My only option would have been to eat first and then not eat there, and I dont do well with that kind of thing.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, I'm the same - no way am I going out to lunch with people & then sit there & not eat! I can handle not eating at a cocktail party or something, but when it is a sit-down meal, it's just way too awkward.

I'm rolling right along today...the weather is so nice here (clear but cold) that I've gone for two walks in addition to my normal workout (the dog loves me!). Food is right on-plan & even a little low so far, & no potentially-derailing plans this evening...so, I'm good!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #34  

Today went pretty well. Although I did eat a lot of cookies at work today (in a room alone with them!) I got a tae bo dvd in before the theatre and just had sardines on toast for dinner. Woo sardines rock. I have no good advice for meals out it's like opening the flood gates!
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

I was so nervous to get on the scale this morning that I got up & did 30 min. of elliptical first, just so I could maybe shed a bit more water weight for that boost in morale that I was really needing...

And it WORKED! Weigh-in this morning at *138.6*, St. Pat's mini-goal met!

Now I get to go make an appointment for highlights (my reward for this mini-goal).
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #36  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

ugh...yesterday turned into a total binge.

Starting fresh.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Can I jump in?

I am pretty frustrated because I set a goal to lose 6 pounds in March and I have gained and lost the same 3 pounds for the past 3 weeks. I am beginning to really hate these 3 pounds. Weekends are killing me. I have been spending them out with friends and I am making some bad food and drink choices, so every weekend I put on the 3 and then I work to get rid of the same 3 all week. I am tired of the cycle.

And to top it all off, we are having some lay offs at work and so people are bringing in comfort food to help out and yesterday there was CHEESECAKE!! I ate some. It was good.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #38  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Woohoo! Just realized that the chicken tortilla soup from my freezer coop that I have been logging all week had the tortillas and cheese already in fitday. I used less cheese and logged my cheese and low carb tortillas separately. So I was double counting 100-150 calories on both Wed and Thursday. SCORE! Makes me feel somewhat better about yesterday (NOT!)
Old 03-15-2009, 05:26 AM   #39  

Yeah I've been up and down between 144 and 142 the past 3 weeks. Annoying!
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote