Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #1  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Default Planning and Chat March 23rd - 29th

Whoops, I forgot to start a new thread and posted on last week's. I C&P-ed my post:

WTG Michelinwoman!! That's really good going.

Well, I was chuffed to find this morning that I was only up 0.2 after Mothers Day yesterday.

I had a small bar of chocolate that DD1 had bought me for my present (along with a stuffed bunny rabbit - bless. She's only 7 and has been saving her pocket money!). I also treated myself to a bar of chocolate at lunch time as they were on 3 for £1 at Tesco. So one for DD1, one for me and one for my OH, which he proceeded to leave in my fridge as he hardly eats chocolate!

Then yesterday afternoon we were all going out for a meal - my parents, me and my OH, my 2 kids, HIS parents and my sister and her four kids. It was very nice. We didn't eat till 4pm so it was either a late lunch or an early dinner - lol! But I had forestiere chicken which was grilled chicken breast with mushroom and white wine sauce with button and forest mushrooms served with fries and baby carrots. It was delicious! And for dessert I chose profiteroles and when they came there were two HUGE profiteroles both the size of a saucer!! Filled with whipped cream, and served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. I polished off the lot!

But then I had nothing else all day so that was basically all I ate all day, so that's not too bad actually.

But I have to be good now till Easter. I know my OH has bought me a Baileys egg as I saw it in his back room! Normally I would buy myself one, but I won't this year. If I'm to be 9 stone by August, I can't be pigging on Easter eggs.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm going to try an experiment this week. I've loaded up on veggies for the day and am going to attempt the week with zero empty calories (read no candy and no alcohol). I've really got to get back down into the 140's this month.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #3  

I did that again! Even after last week thinking I killed the thread and failing to notice the new one. Doh. My challenge for today is that my colleague bought me some chocolates. Now I can sometimes allow myself a certain portion without going mad I've decided not to have ANY just to prove that I can. I calorie count on about.com and I'd like to get my weekly average closer to 1500 (Thursday and Friday were BAD last week).
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Well, I've been on a bad pattern these past few weeks of gaining on the weekend/losing during the week. This past weekend, though, I'm blaming it on TOM = huge water retention & mad food cravings. But I am setting the goal in advance to have an ON-PLAN weekend next weekend!

Anyway, I once again am a pound & a half or so above ticker...which hopefully will drop off by morning...and then I will be a GOOD Susan, all week long!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #5  

Lol - I think I am getting a little too dependent on the scale! I not only dropped the water weight from TOM this morning, but also an additonal .2 lb - and it is CRAZY how good a mood that .2 has me in! This is the lowest my weight has been in a couple of years - I think it was early 2006 the last time I saw the 130s - so it's a really exciting place for me to be in. I am just looking forward to dropping a few more pounds, to the point where even if I retain a bit of water, that middle # will still be a 3!
Old 03-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #6  

Can you believe I was chuffed that I weighed 137.5 this morning (slightly false low I imagine) only to find out that my bf had weighed in (I asked him to for comparison) at exactly the same WEARING HIS DRESSING GOWN. He's 5ft10. Hmmm any tips not to accidentally diet ones bf?
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #7  

Lol. My husband weighs the same as I do, is 2 inches taller than me, & eats everything in sight. It's just not fair, is it?
Old 03-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #8  

It's not fair...but at least we don't have to worry about going bald? (Most of us?)
Camarogirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

My boyfriend is 6'2", and weighs about 11 1/2 stone (around 160lbs). I'm 5'7 and weigh about 10lbs more! Weighing more than a tall, broad-shouldered man feels horrid, I can't wait until I weigh less (not too far off!). Even if it's just one pound, I'll feel so satisfied, haha!

Having a bit of a frustrating week... I've been completely sticking with calorie-counting and have stayed within my limit, but haven't dropped a single pound on the scales. Another thread on the forum made me think that I think I might be retaining a lot of water. I know I should be losing fat right now. I also know I eat a heck of a lot of salt - without journalling any of the salt that I've added to food during cooking or after serving, my fortnightly average is 2,200mg per day. I almost never eat pre-prepared foods, but I add a lot of salt to stuff during cooking, and I'm so scared to think of how much sodium I'm actually eating. Do any of you ladies think this might be making me stall at this weight? I drink plenty of water, but still... sodium intake is crazily high.
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #10  

How long do you feel like you have been "stalled" for? I often see the number on the scale stall for about a week, then I suddenly drop 3-4 pounds in 2 days, then a week of no movement, etc. The sodium might be causing you to retain water, which can prevent a loss from showing on the scales, but it doesn't keep you from losing fat. I'd just wait a bit, maybe up your water intake, & see if it flushes out.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:19 PM   #11  

I've been the same weight for 8 days. I know that's not a long amount of time for some, but it's just the first time I've ever experienced my weight stand still like this, so I'm a bit baffled and not sure what's causing it.

I'm hoping it does what you say and just drops a few pounds over a day or two, it's encouraging that that has happened for you! What you've said about still losing fat is the thing that's kept me going, I've felt rather discouraged (this morning I woke up thinking I was definitely going to be lower on the scales, and I wasn't), but at the same time I've been thinking that I know what I'm doing must be having some effect, even if it's not apparent in my weight. I'll try and cut back on sodium a bit and up my water intake, and see what happens!

I was also wondering - when you reach your first plateau, do you find that your weight loss is always a bit of a struggle after that point, or can things get back to being a bit more regular again? I know that it can become more of a struggle the closer you get to goal, but I'm still pretty overweight for my height, and I hate the idea of having to fight for every pound, as I'm wanting to lose at least 20 more. I've read elsewhere on the forums that people often hit a standstill around 170/160lbs, and I wonder whether weight loss can ever be regular and steady (even if slow) after this point, or whether it's just plateau after plateau until the goal is reached!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #12  

Well...I guess it depends on if you consider a week or so a plateau! I don't; this is just the way my weight loss happens. I have never been up to 170, so can't speak for the stall that some appear to experience in that zone. I've been up & down between 160 & 120 more times than I care to count... This time around, I've had two of what I'd consider to be "real" stalls (i.e. went a couple of weeks perfectly on plan, but not dropping weight), & both times was able to break them by switching up my macronutrient ratio - I continued to eat the same # of calories, but lowered my carb intake & upped my protein.

Loss DOES happen slower as you get closer to goal - but that is only to be expected!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

I've been about the same week for the past month. I'm bouncing between 141.5 (which is .4 above a healthy range for my height and is driving me crazy) and 143.2 since the last week of February. And it sucks to be doing everything right foodwise and not see any results. Just stick with it. I think my own plateau has an end insight, thankfully. the scale still hasn't moved, but i've lost another 3/4s of an ich from bust, stomach, hip and thigh measurements. that's from each of them, not total. I think sticking to my gym 2 times a week plan is what's really helping.
I also eat way too much sodium. I'm trying to cut back.
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6

I kind of like the UK version of weight....10 stone sounds so much better than 149 pounds....I'm just going to start saying I weigh 10 stone. Maybe I'll start a trend in the US
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:48 AM   #15  

Thank you for the advice, ladies! Still on a big fat stall, 10 days now. Grr! Oh well, it's not doing me any harm, and I know the scales will move eventually! Su-Bee, I think I'll try your advice regarding altering my macronutrient ratio. Generally I think my diet is quite carb-heavy (50-60%), I find it incredibly hard to eat enough protein! I love to eat meat, poultry and fish, but being a university student, I'm rather broke and often end up trying to make the meat I buy go further. I'll try and increase my intake and cut back on carbs a bit, and see what happens.

michelinwoman - I'm in the UK and prefer our system too (using stones and pounds), but I guess it's just what I'm used to - I agree, I prefer my weight in stones too!