Newbie - Last Night I Decided, "I've Had It!"

• Last night was my most recent, "That's It!" moment. I was changing clothes and caught my profile in the mirror and was disgusted. I had a good run at being fit for a while but got out of my exercise routine and haven't been back to it since. I've been out of shape with 20-25 lbs. overweight for about 5-6 years now.

I'm 40-something, have three kids (10, 10, and 13), am a first grade teacher and try to keep up with my 4 jewelry websites. And, yes I must admit it, I'm lazy. I work and then spend the rest of the evening on my websites. I don't like to exercise but think it's ok once I get a routine going. It's stupid, but I've avoided the gym because I'm embarrassed at how I've let myself go. I have made some vows however which are: walk at least a mile 3 days a week, drink more water and eat more whole foods. These are beginning changes to get me going. I know I will need to exercise more and have a food plan. My first short-term goal is to lose 5 lbs. by February 27.

I look forward to getting to know you all. Is there any accountability part to this support group or should one find a/some buddy/buddies? Also, how do you get those cool goal weight thingies? They're so cool!

Weightloss wishes,

Karen
  • Welcome to 3fc. I'm relatively new too but there's a lot of great info and support here.

You can do the buddy thing or they have forums just for the 40 somethings if you want to check that one out. I mostly just post around on whatever interests me.

Also, I want to commend you on STOPPING the gain before it got too far out of control. You have some weight to lose but you didn't let it get worse so pat yourself on the back for catching yourself when you did.
  • Thanks for the welcome. And Congratulations to you on your weightloss so far. You're so close to your first goal! :-)

Karen
  • Karen we'll keep you accountable join us in the weekly thread...
  • Welcom, Karen and good luck! Post where ever you feel like. You will have friends and supporters here.
  • Yes, the weekly thread is where you post your progress and your exercise successes. We won't reprimand you for not making your (weekly) goals, but posting it will help you "reprimand" yourself and help motivate you to keep on track.

Congrats on making that decision! And welcome! You'll find lots of support here. Also check out the weight loss blogs you can start here. I find it's nice because I can write about my weight loss experience without filling up my personal blog with stuff most people won't care about. I find the only people who care about my weight loss (besides me) are my parents and the people on here. It's nice to get some encouragement without coming off like you're fishing for compliments!
  • Thanks everyone for the welcome and pointing me in the right direction as far as where to post here on 3FC. :-)

Karen
  • DominoDreams, excellent idea about keeping weightloss blogs separate from one's "main" blog. I just set mine up here. Thanks!

Karen