Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/161/149

Height: 5'7"

Default No longer a lurker

I've been hanging around this site for quite a while. I've probably visited at least once a day for the past month or so. I've always been bigger than most of my peers. At my private girls school, eating disorders were so common that I had a very distorted view of food and healthy eating. Since 7th grade I’ve been about a 10/12. My size 6 friends complained that they were fat.
Having just graduated from college this year, I opened a clothing store with my parents in August. The clothes are pretty high end and usually run small. I found myself not being able to fit in many of them. I was a good bit heavier than I was in high school but didn’t want to let myself believe it. In January I decided that I’d had enough. I went back to my weight loss clinic where I learned that I had lost 5 pounds since my previous visit in August. Since I started trying I’ve lost another 15 pounds.
I’ve mostly been calorie counting but have loosened up quite a bit lately because making healthier choices hasn’t been very hard. I've lost 20 pounds total and can really see a difference. I'm not completely satisfied with my weight but continue to diet.
Looking back at this post, I realize how self-centered it is. I guess what I really want to do is thank all of you on this board for giving me inspiration. Looking at before and after pictures and hearing how all of you have lost weight helps to keep me motivated (along with the beautiful clothes I can now wear!)
cfb8986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/142/125

Height: 5'3

Glad to see your not lurking anymore. I think it really helps to be able to write your thoughts down and get all kinds of advice from different people. We are all here for the support and you sure get it here..
It sounds like you are doing a great job losing the weight! You should be very proud of yourself. You can do anything you put your mind to!
I have been struggling to lose 20 pounds but I dont give up. It is worth being able to fit into cute clothes and feel good about myself!
So just wanted to welcome you aboard!!
butterflywings34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/196/185

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! And congratulations on your weight loss It sounds like you are doing super well with it.
theloula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/141.5/135

Height: 5'8

Welcome!!

Not self centered at all! You have done great and should be very proud of your accomplishments! I am glad that you came out and joined us! It helps so much to help stay motivated and see that other people are going through the same things you are!

Keep up the good work and healthy choices! It feels good doesn't it?

-Mel
embee918 is offline   Reply With Quote