3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Planning & Chat Dec. 29 - Jan 4 2009 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/159695-planning-chat-dec-29-jan-4-2009-a.html)

Mudpie 12-30-2008 01:15 PM

Planning & Chat Dec. 29 - Jan 4 2009

A new year is just around the corner. What are everyone's plans, hopes and resolutions?

Happy New Year! :hat:

Dagmar :D

Mudpie 12-30-2008 01:16 PM

My 2009 plans

I'm going to get down below 130 lbs. and I'm going to make a concentrated effort to exercise my brain more.

Dagmar :coolsnow:

JerseyGirl83 12-30-2008 04:16 PM

My 2009:

Resolutions

Lose 15 more lbs to get to my goal
Stop stressing out about EVERYTHING

Hopes

To find a great place to live
To find a job I enjoy
Maybe to get engaged to the love of my life ;)

Plans

Quit my job
Go on vacation!

ennay 12-30-2008 10:23 PM

hmmmm....

To figure out what it was from a managing my life standpoint that used to be working (about a year or more ago) and no longer is. How's that for nebulous and unmeasurable.

I guess the only concrete resolution might be reduce our eating out budget by 40% and our grocery budget by 10%

kittycat40 12-30-2008 10:46 PM

Hi feathers :)

THe fam and I are headed out at 3:30AM tomorrow. VACATION time!

wish me luck :) ;) :p

Ilene 12-31-2008 12:24 AM

Good Luck and Bon Voyage Kittycat :wave:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ennay
To figure out what it was from a managing my life standpoint that used to be working (about a year or more ago) and no longer is.

If you mean weight wise, I'm in the same boat. But what I've discovered is that what I did before to lose weight, that was working, is no longer working because I am 52 :rolleyes: and my metabolism SUCKS!!! So I need to figure out what works for me and my new age... I will definitely do that this year....

-- Lose 20 lbs and KEEP IT OFFFFFFF!! Keeping it off is the real challenge ...

-- Exercise MORE if that's possible :rolleyes: I guess I'll have to exercise more intensely ....

ennay 12-31-2008 10:53 AM

Ilene - I dont really mean weight, although weight is part of it. I mean EVERYthing. Clutter, planning, enjoying, LIVING

alinnell 12-31-2008 11:12 AM

Good morning.

I haven't really thought of any resolutions because I don't usually keep them anyway. I do know that I need to go back to full time planning so I keep my calories below 1400 so I can lose (again). I'm sure my lack of keeping track is what is making me gain.

Mudpie 01-01-2009 10:30 AM

Happy 2009 everyone!

I've had a wonderful start to the new year. The dog and I went for a beautiful walk/romp early this morning and then I did my first strength training workout in 10 days.

Today is going to be really low key/stress free and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it!

Hope 2009 brings all of you the happiness you deserve and the healthy body you want!

Dagmar :D

walking2lose 01-01-2009 02:39 PM

Hi gals,

I've been in this odd limbo since the end of summer... I got very busy with coaching field hockey and teaching, and I have seriously neglected tracking my food on daily plate and exercising. Surprise, surprise... my new high weight shows it! I just feel like I've really "let myself go," and it's not a good feeling AT ALL.

My goal is to get back to a mindfulness and awareness of how I'm treating my body. Tracking what I'm eating and exercising are the two things I must do to get myself back on track.

So, here I am... once again.

Here's to renewed commitment to good health in 2009!

walking2lose 01-01-2009 02:45 PM

It's interesting how motivating it is just to see my new ticker. It's my total complacency that caused such a gain... I LET IT HAPPEN. I put off making a new ticker until today because I think I wanted free license to eat what I wanted over the holidays -- well, the truth is out there now, and I've got to face it. And, it actually feels kind of good to face it. I know it's in my power to change.

ennay 01-01-2009 04:02 PM

Happy New year!

Doughnut 01-01-2009 04:47 PM

Happy New Year everyone. I don't really make resolutions either as I've never kept to them and it makes me feel like a failure! I am however determined to be 128 or less when I step on that plane to NYC on 10th May. 10lbs off since October and 16 more to go - I CAN do this.

ennay 01-01-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ennay (Post 2517834)
I guess the only concrete resolution might be reduce our eating out budget by 40% and our grocery budget by 10%

Went out to dinner tonight to "celebrate the smoking ban". Not a good start. ;)

JulieJ08 01-01-2009 11:17 PM

Hey, well I guess New Year's Day is a great day to join Featherweights, eh? :) I've lost 55 pounds since April 14th, and it has slowed way down these days, which I'm mostly OK with. I'm not calorie counting, and it seems a fair trade ;).

My approach is based on whole foods and low sugar, and I am vegetarian (just since September).

I completed C25K, and now I run 3 miles M-W-F, and recently started doing some informal intervals. My plan this year is to increase distance. I also do lots of yoga. Another plan this year is to add a little weight lifting.

Hi! :D :carrot: