3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   help with my roly poly tummy (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/157987-help-my-roly-poly-tummy.html)

coolgirl1014 12-06-2008 11:50 PM

help with my roly poly tummy

I feel like I don't weigh that much, in fact I used to weigh a lot more (165 pounds about 3 years ago), but my belly is so fat. Like, I have a nice "pear" shape to me, but when I sit down my belly has like three rolls of fat its so gross. I took a picture of it and my mom accidentally saw it and I was so embarrassed. Do you think it could be extra skin from when I weighed more? I feel like being 20 years old is too young to be considering a tummy tuck :( Does any one else have this problem? Maybe my problem is I am just very fatty, even though I don't weigh THAT much. Hopefully when I get to my goal weight (115 lbs or so) my tummy wont be so roly poly. My boyfriend says I shouldn't do ab exercises because that just makes my stomach poke out more, is this true or not true? Thanks ladies

Mudpie 12-07-2008 06:33 AM

I think your boyfriend is wrong about the ab exercises. Do you follow any kind of exercise program? That will probably help you firm up and lose weight too!

Dagmar

Ilene 12-07-2008 01:10 PM

If you feel a little "fatty" maybe you are what would be considered a "skinny fat" person. Do you exercise? Do you do cardio to lose fat or weight train to build muscles? I also disagree with the BF about the ab exercises... He's waaaay off base there....

I read your blog and you don't mention any exercising maybe you should look into exercising more, specially weight training. Building muscles and getting strong does wonders in reshaping your body...

coolgirl1014 12-07-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 2485320)
If you feel a little "fatty" maybe you are what would be considered a "skinny fat" person. Do you exercise? Do you do cardio to lose fat or weight train to build muscles? I also disagree with the BF about the ab exercises... He's waaaay off base there....

I read your blog and you don't mention any exercising maybe you should look into exercising more, specially weight training. Building muscles and getting strong does wonders in reshaping your body...

I've been doing 8 minute abs, buns, and arms lately. I also ran almost a mile today! So to answer your question, I am exercising but not enough :o. Maybe I am skinny fat?? Although I wouldn't quite call myself skinny lol!:p

madridguiri 12-07-2008 02:18 PM

Hey I have the same body shape. I am about 5'9" and I weigh 137.2 lbs (yesterday lol), and I consider myself skinny, but with a roly poly tummy too.

It always seems to help me to cut back on carbs and do more cardio exercises. You can do as many situps and ab exercises as you want, but you can't 'spot treat' your stomach. You have to lose weight all over unfortunetly.

I say start running 3 miles three times a week and then add in some weight training to boost your resting metabolism. You don't weigh very much to begin with, so it will be a slower process. Thus, you need more exercise.

I am in a hurry (friends wedding in 3 weeks), and I am trying to do 1400 calories a day and working out 6 days a week. I want to lose 5 lbs. I'm a comfortable size six, but I want a size four! We shall see...

iriswhispers 12-07-2008 04:20 PM

I'm definitely also a pear shape and the only way I can get my tummy to go down is through LOTS of cardio along w/ ab exercises. The weight just seems to like hanging out on my midsection and hips... o my hips. =(

kelly315 12-07-2008 04:30 PM

I think hula dancers have really nice stomachs, maybe you could try a hula video? It'll work more of the little muscles there so you won't have to worry about working just a few and having them become bulky (I don't think they'd become huge, but it would still look better if you find an exercise that works all the muscles)

JackieRn 12-08-2008 08:07 AM

I think the key is to keep doing the ab exercises and keeping your diet clean. People who routinely engage in abdominal exercise are able to build strong muscles over time but because the muscle is buried under fat due to poor nutrition those efforts are made futile.

jahjah1223 12-09-2008 12:52 AM

I am also pear shaped BUT i belly dance alot im pretty darn good at it and it has helped with my abs waist and belly i have a 27 inch waist!

azmom 12-10-2008 09:01 AM

ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN, NOT IN THE GYM!

Unfortunately!

Keep your diet clean with lots of whole grains not simple carbs.

Oh, and lots & lots of fiber!!

DanielleAshley 12-14-2008 10:32 PM

pilates i think is the best way to get leaner. it does such a good job on ur core. i even looked into getting one of those malibu pilates chairs b/c i've had two kids and two c-sections.

sm177 12-17-2008 06:01 PM

My stomach isn't where I want it to be yet but the one thing that has helped a lot is running! Within a few weeks there was a noticeable difference in my stomach. Right now I'm doing 6-7 miles 4-5 times a week plus strength training and ab work. I'm always trying to increase my speed and distance and I feel like the weight is coming off very easily.

Ilene 12-18-2008 08:44 AM

sm177 -- A good intense cardio workout, such as running, is the best thing to burn fat .... When I was running regularly I saw big improvement in my weightloss... :bravo: on your success...

Shannon in ATL 12-18-2008 09:57 AM

I added strength training back into my workout routine a week ago Monday and today I measured and have lost an inch on my poochy tummy. Don't know if the strength training was all of it, but I think it pushed the rest over the top.

socal17 12-19-2008 10:45 PM

I have the same issue with my stomach! I've lost a bit of weight and my tummy has gotten smaller, but I can't seem to get rid of a little pouch. I've learned that the only way to get rid of it is to burn fat all over (i.e. running, strength training, etc...) All the ab exercises in the world aren't going to do any good, unless you're balancing it out with healthy eating and exercising.