Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:03 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
I've posted my overseas cards but this weekend I'm going to write my UK cards and when that's done I'll feel far more Christmassy.

When are you all putting your decorations up? I'm hanging on until next Friday - I can feel myself beginning to cave into the pressure to feel festive!
My string of outdoor lights went up Nov. 30 and I started putting them on every night Dec. 1.

I just have a tree and cards up otherwise. I dog sit every Christmas so I'm not really home that much.

But I love my tree! I have a real tree every year and like to sit after dinner every evening with the tree lights on and carols playing.

I've been collecting ornaments for over 25 years and have some that "the dogs" have given me that are very special to me (since all of those dogs have gone to the big open running place in the sky). Others have come from places I've visited and from friends who have moved away (and some from those still here). My whole Christmas history is on the tree!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:10 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning!

A year or two ago DH and I thought it would be nice to collect Santa's. I guess were bored with the decoration thing I saw a picture somewhere of an open stair case with decorations on each tread, between the spindles of the bannister. I think I'll try putting my Santa's there. Of course I may have to get some more.

Other than giving gifts and having my kids all together for a meal and some fun time ... I'm a humbug. I find Christmas a hectic and unnerving time of year. Very stressful!
That surprises a lot of folks who seem to think I'm generally calm and cheerful. But that's notations for a different thread
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 170/158.5/145

Height: 6'1

Hey yall! I just found this part of the site and I'm so excited, because its the perfect place for me!

I'm about 15 pounds above where I wanna be, and I'm dying to lose it!

Aren't those last few the WORST? I'm looking forward to getting to know all of yall!!!
macomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:42 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Very true Macomer! Welcome!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Very true Macomer! Welcome!
Macomer.

SusanB I too collect santas, as does my cousin (who I got the idea from). We each give each other one at Christmas in lieu (the $10 phrase for instead) of anything else.

I also now have a russian "friend" (met him on the street in NYC - long story) from whom I bought one santa for my cousin. For the second year in a row he has sent me a russian santa so my collection is growing very quickly.

I have run out of places to put them. My cousin puts all of hers on her fireplace mantel which is a good 6 feet long and at least a foot wide. I don't have one of those.

Mudpie (demon cat) chews wooden things so I can't put them on regular tabletops or anything. DH will not put up a shelf for them either so I'll have to figure something out.

Have a great Saturday night all!

Dagmar (120's here I come)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote