Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

Good morning!
Well I did 20 minutes on the elliptical while watching The Biggest Loser on my computer. It was really good motivation. I know 20 minutes is nothing compared to what some of you do but it's a start for me! I used to be religious about keeping my food journal but lately I have been slacking and not sticking with it. I don't know what the problem is. That is how I lost the pounds so far.. why can't I get back into that routine?? It's weird.

Dagmar- My family buys gifts for our animals too!! They are part of the family just like everyone else! I love it
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

For everyone who hates logging food: I read somewhere a couple days ago (sorry, can't remember where) that those people who logged their food lost more weight than those who did not log. So it's something we hate, but it is necessary!

LOG!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies

Just checking in. I'm having a pretty good day today and I did take your advice Dagmar and planned out my day in advance. After dinner, I should be around 1250 calories for the day. I don't really eat after dinner so that should be it for the day but, I also cut up some vegies in containers to put in the fridge today just in case I feel the urge to munch .

I know counting calories is the way to go. That's how I lost my weight the first time so I will just try to keep a good attitude .

I did get on the scale this morning and I am back down 2 lbs. I know I didn't lose 2 lbs in a day, so I'm sure it's water weight from the weekend but I'll wait until Friday (my weigh in day) to change my ticker. We'll see what happens the rest of the week.

Aerogora - 20 minutes exercise is a good thing. Keep up the good work!

Hope everyone else is doing well today.
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:04 PM   #19  

Hey ladies just poppin in, to agree with you all... as usual. Logging food = a huge pain but I definitely keep myself more accountable. Now if there was just something that kept me accountable at being accountable.............
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_talker View Post
Now if there was just something that kept me accountable at being accountable.............
Well said, lol. I'm having this problem myself right now. I've been logging my calories, but I get so tempted to--sneak--the nibbles and bites that I don't want to log. Like I'm actually getting away with something, you know??? It's ridiculous. I know, logically, that eating anything that puts me over for the day is going to prevent the scale from going down. But, some part of my brain thinks that if I don't write it down I can get away with it. This is not getting me anywhere....

On the upside, I am logging my calories which is a step in the right direction. Now, if I could just get the exercise into my routine on a consistant basis!
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:23 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

logging food alone doesn't help me, because I'm pretty sure I often vastly under or over estimate portions. I know if I got a food scale it would help a lot, but I have issues with being that obsessive about my food... I'm not sure how I feel about and I know my family and roommate would think I was insane!

I realized something about myself today... a general thing, although it definitely applies to me in terms of diet and exercise as well: when I get really stressed or overwhelmed, I start focusing on the future and what i am going to do later, which completely distracts me from taking care of the stressing issues at hand. I think it's somewhat of a coping mechanism - not thinking about the things that are weighing me down the most, but it's really counterproductive!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:43 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post
I realized something about myself today... a general thing, although it definitely applies to me in terms of diet and exercise as well: when I get really stressed or overwhelmed, I start focusing on the future and what i am going to do later, which completely distracts me from taking care of the stressing issues at hand. I think it's somewhat of a coping mechanism - not thinking about the things that are weighing me down the most, but it's really counterproductive!
That's my problem too. Planning is so much easier than doing.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:58 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogirl008 View Post
I know, logically, that eating anything that puts me over for the day is going to prevent the scale from going down. But, some part of my brain thinks that if I don't write it down I can get away with it. This is not getting me anywhere...
I do a lot of pet sits at other people's houses. For the longest time I considered whatever I ate of their food (I'm always invited to help myself to whatever I want while I'm there) to "not count" in terms of my diet. Weird how much of dieting and maintenance is mind games.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:35 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Well actually it's not. I'm panicking about going back to work on Tuesday. I need to try on my uniforms but I already know the verdict.

Coincidently (a la the gist of this thread)... I tried just eating well but not tracking ... not working.

I'm going to input yesterday and see what the total is. I don't think this is just salt
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:57 AM   #25  

Oooooooooooooooo bread and butter do make a difference!
Old 11-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #26  

haha susan it's true it's true...and i had bread and butter yesterday...sour dough! MMMMMMMM
Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 PM   #27  

I had to bite the bullet and go buy scrub pants. Two pairs fixed me up for 3 uniforms that will do. I don't remember the last time I had a shopping trip I hated so much.

On a happier note ... today's additions to the salad fixin's array ... romaine and alfalfa sprouts.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Big Mac's make a difference too

Yes, I'm fessing up. Lunch today was really bad . . . really bad!

I logged it in fitday, Susan B.

abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:23 AM   #29  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Hello Ladies it's me again.

To answer the last question I remember from last weeks thread, I am 1 hour south of Vienna, 2 hours north of Salzburg, and a half hour west of Linz. In a city called Steyr ( pronounced Shhhh-tire phonically speaking of course. ) in upper Austria. The running joke around here is... I gave Arnold Schwarzenegger California and he gave me Upper Austria. I believe it was a fair trade

Since you all have brought up the Yuletide, these pounds have got to go! I refuse to loose "old" weight before the Holidays! Let me shed a couple of new pounds before. Hang tight to a solid maintain through Christmas and the New Year chaos. Ever so ready for some normalacy and control come 2009.

I'm wrote you a present this morning. Hopefully it will put us all in the right frame of mind.

~Sung to the tune of Walkin in a Winter Wonderland~

Weight loss loomsssssssssssss are ya listenin??
In a size 6, I'll be whistlinnnnn
my goal is in sight.....I'm happy tonight.......
workin weightloss stats with a plannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

Gone awayyyyyyy is the sherbert
we have learrrned how to dissert
Whats good and whats bad
the choices we had...
workin weightloss stats with a plannnnnnnnnn

In the meadow we can build a snowmannnnn
doesnt it feel fab to move arounnnnnnd
we can run n jump and get our groove onnnnn
nothin in this world can hold us dowwwwwwwn!

laterrrr onnn we transpire
on all we've acquired
we think and look back
so glad we lost fat
by working weight loss stats with a plan!!

Have an excellent day Ladies!!

Sincerely,
Sassy

Last edited by sweetnsassyfied; 11-20-2008 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:40 AM   #30  

hahaha sassy that's awesome