Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly chat Aug.25 - 31

I'm just going to start up a weekly chat... come on in! =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #2  

TOM is knocking on my door so I am sleepy and HUNGRY all the time. I'm still working on joining a gym (I just moved across the country) so I feel pretty lazy most of the time.

On a happier note, there are some fabulous grocery/natural food stores in my new city with lots of fresh produce and healthy foods. I'm really excited about all the new options to try.

How is everyone doing this week? Ready for Labor day weekend?
Old 08-27-2008, 04:10 AM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Iris I'm really hoping the thread busies up when people return to school/work. I'm wandering where people like Leigh are How is your new place?

I'm not bad, kinda puddling along. The scale is down but I'm going to need to be extra careful this week.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Hey ladies,
I'm still lingering around (both the forum and the scale). Nothing too exciting to report, just wanted to say hola and let you know I'm thinking of you.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #5  
Changing for the better

*waves* I'm just keeping on keepin' on as usual...I will be leaving for Spain on Saturday so I don't know how often I will be able to post on 3FC, but will check in once and awhile at least! I definitely want to keep myself accountable and not destroy all the hard work I put in this summer, so I might pop in here and the Maintainer's forum in the upcoming months.
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Iris~good luck in finding a gym! I just joined one here 3 weeks ago and have been going daily (except for weekends). I've lost a couple of pounds, so all is good. Where are you living now and why the move?

I've been POP for two days now (that means no alcohol) and it is showing on the scale. I really need to be diligent about this. I have a ways to go before I get back to goal (where I was 2 years ago). Isn't it amazing how the pounds creep on so slowly that you don't really notice? Argh!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

hi guys,
well I just weighed myself for the first time on a digital scale. Let me say that I have never owned a scale, and rarely weighed myself except at the doctors and rare other occasions. Anyways, I thought that I was about 140 (the biggest i have ever been) before I left for a two week trip. Well, now I am 144.6!!! Depression!!! So, I now have 17 lbs to loose opposed to the 12lbs I thought I had to loose to reach my goal. bad news...so annoyed.
Why is it so easy to gain weight and so har to get it off!! Ahhh
had to vent, sorry
~Sejal
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:45 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Hey GANG

I'm with Allison I have gained in the last 2 years too, ARGH!!! I could scream... So I have to get serious again...

Iris, thank you for starting up the weekly thread again... I'll try to be a more present moderator...

Welcome to the group Sejal
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #9  

Kimberley - good luck in Spain! We'll look forward to hearing how things are going for you when you get the chance to log in. Definitely stay vigilant, but if Spain is anything like the parts of Europe I've been to there will be lots of walking. I was in Germany for 5 weeks and I came home about 10 lbs lighter and feeling pretty fit! And I even had some decent indulgences with my eating.

My new place is lovely, I am renting a really nice house and I'm spoiled rotten... an alarm system, a dishwasher, a garage... whee! And it was pure luck that I even found out about it, a heard it through the grapevine kind of thing.

silverstar, unfortunately nothing exciting for me to report either. I'm just plugging along, but we gotta keep moving!

allison, i know what you mean about the pounds creeping on! It's so easy not to notice just one or two, and then all of a sudden they've added up. grrr. I'm trying to avoid that.

Sejal, sometimes it's best not to step on the scale, and just go by how things fit. Remember it's also possible that your scale is different from the one you used previously... the scale at my Dr. weighs me heavier than the one I have at home by 4-5 lbs. It's a lot and I used to get so upset when I went to the doctor because of this! Scales are often just calibrated differently, though.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:13 AM   #10  

Ilene~I've finally (finally) gotten back on track. Last summer (remember then?) I started running at the end of July in hopes that that would help with my weight gain (I was 147 at that time). Sure I managed to stay at about 147 for the next 9 months (but I didn't lose). Then in April, things got hectic (DD graduating, my "surgery" on my varicose vein, etc.) so I quit running. I guess that was the wrong thing to do! 3 weeks ago, when I started at the gym, I was up to 154. Aargh!!! Back down 2 pounds now, and I've been POP for 3 days (no alcohol!!). I know that wine is my biggest downfall. Second would be a regular cocktail although I don't go overboard with those. My doctor recommends that I weigh 138 (which is more than my original goal, but a weight I was able to maintain for several months 2 years ago, so totally do-able).

So, here goes day four of POP. So far, so good!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

Allison, I'm also at 154 BUT dang it I'm only 5'3'' I should weigh at least 140, I was at 142 three summers ago, size 6... I worked out a LOT at the gym and ran a LOT too... This summer, no running, gym only twice/week, biking twice/week also... I was stressed also this summer, taking an on line course, renovations, working full time for the first time in 20 years... I love my wine too but if I can keep away from the munchies along with the wine I don't gain weight... So now no more excuses, but then again I didn't go to the gym last night OYE I hate when life gets in the way... I must learn that life will get in the way 99% of the time...

So this thread is a good thing to have again to keep us all focused
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

yes, I agree that this is a good thread to keep us focused. I have been logging in at night especially after dinner when the munchies hit to remind myself of my goal and stay motivated.

Iris: I totally hear you about finding a new gym. I moved last year but I was part of a National gym chain so there were many in my new city except none as close to me as my previous house Soooo It has been a challenge just physically getting to the gym, since it's downtown and there is limited parking. I first have to drive to the area, find a parking spot, then walk about 10 - 15 mins to the gym. Imagine that on a cold Canadian winters night blah. But I do like exercising so that's a bonus!
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Hi all,
I've been bad with wine lately. Our wedding is officially one week away, and the stress is really starting to add up. I know, know, excuses excuses. Like Kimberly, I'm heading over to Europe for the month and I'm hopeful that with all of the walking I won't do too much damage.

I hope you all have a great September! See you in October!
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:21 AM   #14  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Hope it's okay to just jump in! I've been on the WW program "seriously" for most of August. As of this morning I am down TEN ELL BEES!!! Why can I be so motivated sometimes and think "I feel good, for sure I'll never have the scales go up again!" But the same thing happened last year at this time...I wonder if it will help if I try and understand why? Other than laziness and lack of self-control. Those things make it sound like *my* fault and that's not possible

I don't think I have more energy but I definitely feel better when I exercise and eat better foods.

I love reading what everyone has to say. This place is making such a difference for me.

-Susan
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #15  

Day 4 of no alcohol for me....but tonight we're going to a bar to see a friend play in his band. I hope to be good. The scale is down 2 pounds for the week which is just fine, but frankly I wish it were more.