Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:35 PM   #1  
Amber

S/C/G: 137/ticker/110

Height: 5'6''

Default Eating light not so bad afterall

I set a goal for myself to eat below a certain (net) calorie limit for 20 days. I thought that it would be difficult, as I usually approach the four-day mark with this sort of thing and then all **** breaks loose when the boredom and hunger set in. But this is the fifth day, and... I feel good! Really good. Even though the limit is at the low end, I'm not light-headed, still able to concentrate, and still able to exercise without feeling drained. And I don't have the stomach-full feeling anymore.
I just wanted to post a note because it was a pleasant realization for me that after the initial excitement of starting some sort of diet goal, it can be possible to sustain it without torture, and it can even be enjoyable. I think it's good to keep an "it's not so bad" perspective. That's not to say that weight loss is not work. But even work can be enjoyable, right?
The key for me is the limit of 20 days. If this were indefinite, I would have hit the oreos by now. I figure that after that many days, I'll reassess and figure out what to do next.

Last edited by nimbus3007; 08-18-2008 at 11:36 PM.
nimbus3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:07 AM   #2  
Amber

S/C/G: 137/ticker/110

Height: 5'6''

Oh yeah, I'm a kid at heart so I made a page with twenty boxes in it and I get a sticker for each day I meet my goal. I'm so easily amused!
nimbus3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #3  
Changing for the better

That's great! Just curious - how many calories are you shooting for each day??
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

sticker charts are fabulous! =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:56 AM   #5  
Registered Diva

S/C/G: 172/142/119

Height: 5'5

CONGRATULATIONS!! I know that feeling of yay! I can do it. There's nothign that compares to it.
hmm... sticker charts? I'd never thought of it. great idea. I used to do just boring calendars and just crossing over the days I did alright. It did work. but you idea seems funner!!
lointhecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #6  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I also wondered how many calories.

I'm currently aiming for 1300 or less a day.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote