Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:19 AM   #1  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Talking Planning & chat Aug 04 - Aug. 10

Hey folks! Our good friend Dagmar is no longer a featherweight to start off our weekly thread so I hope you don't mind that I do!

Have a good healthy Monday featherweights
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 130/110/110

Height: 5'3/5'4 ish

Hey!

Tuesday marks day one of week two of my amp-ed up health plan.

For me, that means another week of:
At least 2L water a day
At least 50m exercise a day
Aiming for 1200 cals a day

aaaaaand hopefully... losing at least a pound!

Last week went so well that I am really hoping this week will too!

What are you guys and gals planning for the week ahead?

Kia Kaha
Stand Tall,

Libby
SkinnyLibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:32 AM   #3  
Mommy to be!

S/C/G: 168/---/125

Height: 5'4"

Tuesday marks the start of my getting back to formal exercise. My body has changed and not to my liking really. I need to get back on plan. So today is the beginning of a c25k challenge here and i'm doing it! I have a crazy day ahead of me, so i'll be starting tomorrow and commiting to get back to running Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday for sure! Best of luck to us all! I know i eat better and consider my health more when i'm exercising!
skinnybeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:20 AM   #4  
Burning it away

just a thought Libby, but did you start out on 1200 cals a day? It just seems like a very low number considering you still have some lbs to lose.

Skinny, good luck with the exercise, I definitely need to up my workouts.

Today is day 7 binge-free and on plan, and boy am I having a difficult day. I'm feeling pretty low and so the urge to eat chocolate or something equally as horrible is ever present, but I know nothing I can eat is going to make me happy.

Last edited by Spoz; 08-04-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I haven't been hanging out here for a while as I was ("was") maintaining, but alas have gained a few so I'm back to lose them again.

I just got back from a fabulous vacation in Alaska and only gained 1.5 pounds on vacation (and have already lost one of those) but have at least 15 more to lose to get back to goal. My doctor has changed my goal weight (was 133, will be 138 which I know I can do as I hung in there for a year).

Day 2 of OP with this as my plan:
B~black coffee, 1/4 c nf cottage cheese, 1 egg
S~carrots and peapods
L~garden salad (Romaine, orange pepper, radishes, tomatoes, cukes 1/4 c chicken) 1 clementine
S~nonfat plain Greek yogurt w/1/4 c mushed fresh blueberries
D~"taco" salad (ground chicken w/taco seasoning, lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, corn??, cheese??, black olives, salsa). I'm going to try plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #6  
losing and schmoozing

S/C/G: 175/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6"

I went a little nuts this weekend between a day trip to San Francisco with friends and a goodbye bash for a fellow intern. So, my weight is up from Friday... but that's OK, it happens. At least the weekend was fun.

Back on plan today! I'm back to eating healthy and hitting the gym at least 4 days this work week.

Spoz - great job, 7 days!! Guess my counter is back at zero after the weekend.... >_<
cornellchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #7  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Hey everyone! My name is Christine and I'm new to featherweights.

I started out my weight loss journey at 250 pounds and am now here today at 184, 9 pounds away from my final goal. I figured it was about time to check this group out.

Anyways, I'll tell everyone just a short blurb about me... I'm 21 years old and currently entering my senior year of college. I'm a two-sport athlete playing both NCAA D3 volleyball and basketball. Freshman year I put on a lot of weight and it really impacted my performance sophomore year. The summer after that year I realized I had two choices, finish out my sports career on a mediocre note and always wonder what I could have done, or work my hardest to get off that extra weight and into the best shape of my life. I think you can tell that from where I am today what choice I made.

It's been a tough road, 65 pounds is no easy feat. I've fallen off the wagon and struggled my way back on the wagon multiple times, and now I'm full speed ahead.

For eating, I follow the Slim Fast plan. I really like the shakes and I find the eating plan to be a really easy way to eat nutritiously and control my calorie intake. As for fitness, I'm a jogger and a dedicated 30-day shredder that just graduted from level 1. I do the 30-day shred DVD Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Then on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I jog. I've worked my way up to 3.5 miles and will soon be moving up to 4.

I've got a pear shape and right now I'm looking to get leaner overall but mostly in my hips, butt, and thighs. I started off in a size 20 jeans and am now wearing 14's. I'm aiming for a 10/12.

I find this is the most exciting part of weight loss: toning, tuning and shaping my body into something stronger, leaner, and better.

I look forward to chatting with all of you as we help each other cross the finish line. We can do this!
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

hi

goal this week for me -

65 min lap swim daily plus 3 miles walking daily
eat under 1400 calories a day
sleep and not stress
loss of two pounds - finally

welcome to all new featherweights -

linda
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 130/110/110

Height: 5'3/5'4 ish

Hey Spoz, thanks for the tip.

I started out eating around 1600. Unfortunately, coz I'm pretty little, I seem to gain (or at least just maintain my weight) eating much more than 1200! I guess if (when) I plateau I'll just have to up my activity level.

Thanks though!
SkinnyLibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 125/120/110

Height: 5'1"

Hi - I'm new!
I'm 5'1" and I've been hovering between 110-130 since teen-hood (I'm now 27). I hit my high at 21 during college while on birth control pills. I stopped the pills (and dumped the boyfriend) and promptly lost 10 pounds! Now, 6 years later, I'm in the 120-125 range (depending on the time of the month - married but still off the pills) and I would like to get back down between 110-115.

I'm a high school teacher who is working on a master's degree. My summer freedom of yoga classes and mid-afternoon swims is almost over. This happened to me last year also- I lost weight (at most 5 pounds) during the summer and then slowly gained it all back over the course of the school year (the same 5 pounds). So I will need the most encouragement to do exercise when I feel that I have no time.

The weight numbers really don't matter to me. I know muscle weighs more than fat. It's more about the extra flesh around my knees (thighs and bum) and the feeling that I'm carrying a little too much for my frame.

I wish you all well on your goals for this week!
LightRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:46 AM   #11  
Burning it away

Welcome to both glitter and cornell! Good luck in those extra few lbs that you are wishing to rid of

Libby I only ask because I'm shorter than you and seem to lose steadily at about 1300-1400. But I guess what works for you

I've been feeling incredibly lovesick lately. (I hate that, it makes me feel like I'm 12 again and naive.) But thats just the way I'm feelin' Thankfully I'm controlling my food and doing tai chi which really halps, and today is my eighth binge-free day. Thankyou cornell!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

hello to all and to the new members!

aug. 1 i committed to a "binge free month" which i blew on august 3... *sigh*. anyway I'm back on day 2 of being binge-free. Spoz, i love your idea of posting it above your avatar and huge congrats on 8 days - over a week!

i need to get to packing. I'm moving next monday and i just can't seem to get motivated - every time i start i just feel so bogged down because i KNOW i can't take everything i want to and i KNOW i have to get rid of things, but it's very hard for me to do so!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:54 AM   #13  
Changing for the better

Hello to everyone, + the newbies!!

Just wanted to share a little NSV from yesterday - I was at the gym, filling up my water bottle when one of the personal trainers (a co-worker of my dad's) stopped by to say hi to me and my mom. She said something that I can't remember now, but then my mom responded "...yeah, she's lost like, 13 pounds!" Well, she always exaggerates, it's more like 10lbs...but then the woman said "Wow, you're getting tiny!"

I'm not used to having other people notice, besides my parents because they see me every day....but I haven't seen this woman since the beginning of the summer which is probably why she noticed. I didn't think you could really tell I had lost weight, since I wear baggy clothes to the gym

I am thinking of starting swimming soon, to do something new and keep burning those calories - I am definitely building muscle, but it is not so defined yet because my limbs and abs are still surrounded by fat!

Another little NSV I had yesterday as well: I held a plank position for 50 seconds, and I usually collapse after 30

Have a good rest of the week everyone!!
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:27 AM   #14  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Hi all,

I'm not new but I don't post very often... but I thought I'd try and keep up with chat/planning this time.
I've been having a bit of a difficult time keeping my chin up these days. I wrote another post in the midst of freaking out which you might read.. hehe... but this morning I feel different. I feel like going at this whole weight loss thing with new fervor and determination.
My plan is portion-control, no binging, and good hard exercise everyday with one day of rest (probably Sunday).

I think I'm just stressed out due to recent weight gain, PMS and other life stuffs that are bringing me down... but I need to be strong to keep it all together during these times.

But I'm looking forward to a trip to Arizona with my boyfriend and friends at the end of this month. My mini-goal is to lose 5 pounds by the end of this month so I can wear a (gasp!) bikini (but first I'll have to actually go and BUY one since I don't really have one).

Thanks!
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:39 AM   #15  
Workin' It

Hi there - I'm new to featherweights also - I'm Shannon. I've been lurking around for a few weeks, posted a little here and there, been doing a lot of reading of old posts trying to soak up the wisdom, figured today I would post in this chat and start being more active!

I've lost 15 pounds since I started working on it at the beginning of May, have five more to go. I also target 1200 calories per day, vary between 1150-1250 typically (target is vague for me sometimes...) I have one indulge day per week where I usually come in between 1700-2000... (try to stay within what I think are my "maintenance calories") I bumped up to a 1300 calorie target for the other days and thought I gained some weight back, so I panicked and pulled down, but I look now and see steady weight loss. I'm thinking about moving the calories on normal days back up a little. Does that seem like a good idea, or do I need to keep them down to accommodate the higher Saturday or Sunday?

I exercise pretty much every day for at least 30 minutes, 45-55 minutes most of the time, a lot of cardio at this point, with some limited strength training and a little yoga for fun. I've only missed five days since the tenth of June...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote