Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 132/126/120

Height: 5'6"

Default I am back again. It's been almost a year! Little progress. need motivation!

I realized it's been almost a year since I joined this forum and I am really struggling with motivation for weight loss and eating healthy. I would like to lose 6 pounds to fit into my clothing from before I had my 2nd baby. I have been at this same weight for almost a year. I am stuck in a food rut, not eating healthy fruits and veggies, eating chips, diet soda, ice cream, candy etc.. My energy has been low and I am sure that has something to do with it. I haven't been cooking good meals and I just need to get motivated! Any tips? Thanks all!
MissSuzy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #2  
Changing for the better

Hi Suzy! Welcome back

My suggestion would be to take it one step at a time.....commit yourself to making a lifestyle change, not a restrictive short-term diet that will come back to haunt your waistline. Losing weight depends mostly on what you eat, so diet is definitely important - maybe you can start by getting that unhealthy stuff out of the house! There are lots of recipes available on this site, as well as many others, that you can use to cook healthier meals.
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:03 AM   #3  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

I'd say def come and hang with us, the posting and comraderie really does help keep you accountable. Also don't try to change everything at once. Pick one eating habit to squash and do it for at least a week before adding in soemthing else. Like today up the water, next week start on fruits, then veggies, etc
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/146/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi MissSuzy!

I'm just about in the same boat as you are. I haven't been on 3FC for about a year either, I have a stubborn 6lbs I'd like to lose before my vacation in mid June and I also struggle with making good food choices. I do pretty well all week, but then the weekend comes and to me it means party time and eating junk. I agree with Kitegirl it is easier if the bad stuff isn't laying around the house. How are you doing as far as exercise? I find that even if my eating isn't the best, it really helps to be working out regularly. I find that if I've put in the time and worked out, it's not as likely that I'll eat junk. I think if you start replacing some of the bad stuff with healthy foods your energy level really will go up.
LuvVegas is offline   Reply With Quote