Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:08 AM   #46  
Walking away the weight

Good morning gals!

batmomm - I hope your computer stuff gets straightened out. That is oh so frustrating! It would drive me crazy since I am completely addicted to the internet.

Susan I have thought about planning out certain snack-attack foods like super-high-fiber bread with peanut butter.

Dagmar - pm is "private message." Have you ever sent one before?

I am testing out something new this morning and having super-high-fiber whole grain bread with a tbs of peanut butter for breakfast. I say this because normally I have been having oatmeal with my coffee, but then get seriously lightheaded/faint with hunger around 10 am. So I am testing this out to see if it is a problem with not enough protein.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #47  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

I'm still here!! OMG this is exciting! Never realized what a junkie I was til they made me go cold turkey.

So my boys woke me with a PBJ & banana waffle sandwich this morning. Not quite what I had planned but couldn't really say no to those smiling faces

Dagmar-in the upper right hand corner of each screen, it has your name, when you last visited and a link for private messages. You click there and then is no different than writing emails. Thanks a ton.

Exercise this week has stunk! I haven't run more than 5 miles since the marathon. I did do 2 weight workouts but I've been so busy and my husband schedule has sucked. In order to run today, I'll have to hit the tm...blech!
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #48  
just a few more...

ahhhh the "diet" soda scourge! I tend to drink a lot of them but then when training for my first marathon I cut way back b/c I was afraid I wasn't getting enough water in (I wasn't, lol). Over time I lost my taste for them and while we'd still buy the 12 pks, I'd open one and take a few sips only to let it sit them and pretty much go to waste. Well I decided that was too wasteful so I started getting the 20oz packs so that I could take a few sips and pop it back in the fridge.

It worked too good. Now I not only don't waste the sodas but I've upped my intake enough that they no longer taste funny but are quite delicious. I think we only have a few more left and then I won't buy them for a while. Once again if I'm going to keep up the running this summer, I'm going to need to get some h2o in me!

Good luck getting pepsi off your back Dagmar!!
Old 05-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #49  
just a few more...

Chickennugget-I have to admit that I laughed at the thought of overdoing the salads but I guess the point of overeating to the point of uncomfortableness is still a problem. At least the calories won't be getting you as if it were fried chicken but maybe you could make up 2 smaller salads and eat the first one. Wait 20 min and only eat the second one if you're actually still hungry. I know how filled up you can feel after salad.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #50  
Walking away the weight

Batmomm - that is awesome that you ran a marathon in the past - those are such hard work!

I hope the mothers and daughters out there had a Happy Mother's Day today!

I have had a pretty good Sunday. I am just feeling slightly discouraged because I have been starving! I realize that is, most likely, due to some sugar withdrawal, PMS, and a whole host of other factors. It is still very frustrating.

BIL an SIL sent over some Krispy Kreme glazed dough nuts and of course I have been obsessing over them all day! Ugh. I let DS have one earlier - one dough nut is 5 WW points; so I keep telling myself if I truly want one and am truly hungry I can allot some points to it, but for some reason it is driving me crazy.

After I decide one way or another I am going to dispose of whatever is left!
Old 05-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down Krispy Kreme

Canadians (being a nation of donut 'n coffee holics)were all excited when we heard Krispy Kreme was coming.

I find them to be totally gross unless they're hot out of the deep fryer. One of the dog walkers used to bring them to the beach and insist everyone take one. The labs really liked 'em . Dogs are so good for dieters .

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #52  
Walking away the weight

Quote:
Dogs are so good for dieters .
Oh my - that is a great idea. I can split it between my lab and my dachshund!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default krispy kremes

I know how it is to try to get a food item out of your mind! sometimes it just can't be done

here is a fairly decent site for restaurants menus to ww points

http://www.***************.net/restaurants/index.html

My problem with starting the sweets is it continues throughout the rest of the day - a downward spiral occurs and soon one leads to far too many!

Last edited by trailgroomer; 05-11-2008 at 08:40 PM.
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #54  
just a few more...

hmmm mother's day was not ideal for this mommy's eating. Dh had to work so we started with the breakfast the boys made me, then the Cici's pizza buffet b/c moms ate free (I did fill up on soup and salad instead of cinnamon rolls) and then the free ice cream cone at Brusters. AND no exercise today.

Tomorrow I actually have a job interview at my gym but will have time to get my run in after that. No plan, just to go as far as I can, turn back and come home.

I'm not a donut fan either but if I were to eat one it would be the cider donuts from New England or the chocolate covered cake ones. Sad thing is the cake donuts are 3x as bad for you as the fried glazed gooey ones. It's insane isn't it?
Old 05-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #55  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

hi ladies!

all this donut talk is kinda making my mouth water...

today I unexpectedly bought a new pair of jeans! I hadn't planned on buying any until "later," but my bf wanted to look in this store for hats and so in I went, and the sales girl was so helpful I ended up paying way too much for a really cute pair of jeans. But I feel so good about it that I feel it was a good investment. The sales girl said, "you should always look cute in the body you have now" and though I knew this already, I feel like I really understood today. Transition or not, it's good to have an awesome pair of jeans.

Happy mother's day to all you mothers... Mine is in Japan But she's coming to visit along with my dad and brother on Friday, so I'm very excited about that.

batmomm--thanks for the salad advice, I know, how ridiculous, right? I have to go and find a way to stuff myself on salad. Anything to overeat...

Have a great week everyone!
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #56  
just a few more...

yay for the new jeans! I never thought of it that way either. But it makes total sense, you should look cute at all times esp b/c then you'll feel better and it will lead to better choices and a good cycle can begin! I love it.