Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Default Featherweights Food Accountability Thread

I love the weekly chatter, but I'm wondering if it might be possible to have a thread specifically devoted to following your food plan?
I know that personally I have a hard time sticking to a plan on my own and I'm more likely to do it if I know that I have to post in and be publicly accountable.

I'd like to lose about 30 lbs (15kg) by eating healthier and being more disciplined in my eating (no more binge eating!)
Starting weight is 154 lbs (70 kg)

I plan to count calories (tracking on fitday) and stay in control of my cravings.

I'm thinking 1300-1700 should be a good daily range for me. Aiming to lose about 2 lbs (1 kg) a week.

Getting ready for Monday...

~Alexis
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I'm in .....

I did good today but the calories were a little high...

and I didn't have chocolate ... chocolate has been my nemesis lately...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 137.5/136/120

Height: 5'1

I didn't do so good yesterday didn't keep track of my calories, did a little emotional eatting and had a piece of choc cake- but besides the cake I think i did ok maybe went over a little but i did walk 3 miles!! Today will be a new day!! Today I will do good because i will be out of the house for the day!
And i will do my walk as well!!! Keep you posted!
Colleen
jamer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #4  

I haven't been doing to well keeping track, myself. I'm just getting lazy.
Argh.
Apologies ladies.
I'm also kind of struggling w. some not good eating habits. I working to get over them, though. Recovering takes priority, although I'm not sure that these problems negate my keeping track of cals.

Will try a new beginning tomorrow...

~lexis
Old 04-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #5  

So I just forced myself to tally up cals for today (wed) and it came out to around 2100. My goal is 1500.

So I'm 600 over. I suppose it's good that I'm aware of it. So often I tend to just give up if I'm not doing it perfectly (all or nothing....)

My motto is "progress, not perfection"... (shamelessly cribbed from 12 steps...)
Old 04-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Alexis -- can you go for a power walk to burn off some extra calories and not feel so guilty? That's what I would do...

Today, doin' good... one small slip of 150 calories, but I can make up for that at supper time...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #7  

Ilene~ I tally my food up at the end of the day, so by then it's usually too late to do any exercise. I just gotta be more disciplined about the things that I eat, I guess...
~~~

Urgh. I hit 2200 today. That's not good, but I'm still forcing myself to keep track. I'm trying to see that as a small positive. At least I'm aware of the problem...

Hoping to do better.

~lexis
Old 04-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #8  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

a good site for adding up calories is the daily plate. It's a lot like fitday but I have found very few items that aren't listed. It seems a bit chaotic at first but I think for me, if I actually see the numbers I can't cheat as much. Here's goes...

so far today (this is before dinner and evening snacks)-

1209 calories, at a 54% carb, 26% fat, 20% protein, I want to stay in the 50/30/20 range w/1700 calories so hopefully i can keep it in check this evening.
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:01 PM   #9  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

Alexis, I'm often the same way, all or nothing. If I screw up then I make sure I screw up BIG but I am trying to change that. Why not pick 1 or 2 small habits to change this week? I'm going to consciously turn 1 of my giant coffee breaks into a water break and I am no longer buying fun creamer. Baby steps...
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote