Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:32 PM   #1  
some birds never fly

S/C/G: 132/126/120

Height: 5'4''

Smile n00b: saying hello

hello everyone,
after reading some threads on here, i decided this is probably place for someone like me. i am trying to set my weight at my ideal (120lbs). but, my love for sugar-filled foods is keeping me away from my goals. i am kind of losing patience with myself. i consume my dear foods in private, when nobody is watching (my DH can hear me unwrap a candy from miles away, i swear).

even at my lowest weight, i was never really happy about the way i looked. or maybe i was happy, but i felt like nobody really thought i looked good, even at my highest moments of self-satisfaction. boyfriends have insulted my appearance many times, on many different levels, and for some time, i believed the *******s. i had the stigma of ugly following me from early childhood, and i thought losing weight or getting toned resolved this problem. but it didn't.
now i am fine with my appearance, and mature enough to accept who i am. but the little demon is still scratching in the background, sending messages of self-doubt.
am i nuts??
zEdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

zEdit
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Cool No you're not nuts!

zEdit

You're in the right place. We all want to lose just a bit of "vanity" weight so that we will look and feel not just good but great !

Check out our weekly chat thread. Although you might think some of us are nuts after reading our posts

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:42 AM   #4  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Greetings! I am a noOb myself, to posting here not on 3FC. It's a great place where you can find logs of inspiration and woo..those last few are difficult to lose no?

In any case welcome!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #5  
some birds never fly

S/C/G: 132/126/120

Height: 5'4''

thank you ladies for welcoming me!!! yes, it is hard to revise your eating habits and lose a few last ones. and i am more concerned about how i eat, than i how i look, because i feel as if i continue like this, as i get older, i may have significant weight gain. it's preventive, really.
so thanks again! off to reading all the topics!
zEdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome. I'm pretty new here too. Good luck to all of us. I'm starting new this month and determined to get focused for the summer.
justdoit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default relate to your p.o.v.

No, you are not nuts. It's just time to block out the negativity and go for it! /
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote