Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat Feb. 18 - 24

Good Morning everyone!

Is it spring yet? Are we trying on the bikinis - with the snowboots ?

What are everyone's plans for this week?

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:04 AM   #2  

Lightbulb A new thing for me

I have been posting/reading here for about 9 months now .

I really enjoy hearing from everyone and responding and sharing my own knowledge of weight loss.

I think I have the mechanics of what I need to do for me to lose weight. I will continue to post here. Since I wake up so early I will happily start the weekly plan thread whenever I'm around .

But I'm starting to really deal with the psychological issues of losing and maintaining weight loss and I find I get kinda long-winded about that. I don't think this forum is about that so I am going to try to start and maintain a blog.

I will let you all know where that is on the site as soon as I figure it all out . Anyone who wants to see the less tangible aspects of my weight loss journey can go there.

Have a great week everyone!

Dagmar (building an ark in the yard)
Old 02-18-2008, 06:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls - I hope to have an OP week. The weekend wasn't bad but not great either. I got some exercise in - walking both days and an exercise dvd. I need to step it up with food this week.

All of the schools around us are closed today for President's Day - all but us! I am so jealous. I could really use the extra sleep, plus it's raining today, and I was sleeping like a champ. Oh, well. Better get going...

Have a healthy Monday girls!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:28 AM   #4  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Dagmar, I'm excited to see your blog!

Claire, I didn't even realize it was President's Day. I'm supposed to work today, but am stuck at the airport right now. Got to the airport this morning and went to buy my ticket, and the guy told me they were flying a "holiday schedule. I called our travel agent to see if there were any other airlines, but the next flight out isn't until 9:30! I'm really annoyed - neither my client nor my company consider President's Day a holiday, and I'm surprised that the airlines have pared down the routes so much.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Here it's the new provincial holiday Family Day.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:12 AM   #6  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Woke up feeling kinda...dehydrated. Which doesn't make sense cause i'm drinking alot. Guess i'll drink more.

Scale hasn't moved, but i look smaller.

CW: 156
BMI: 25.2

Mini goal: 149

Last edited by thinnythighs; 02-18-2008 at 09:14 AM.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning.

I've got the day off of work, but it will be no vacation day. DH and the kids are going to hit some golf balls with grandpa this morning while I stay home and work on taxes and some other work. After lunch, I have to take DD for some new running shoes (may have to buy some for myself) and DS for some new shorts. Then I have to go to the grocery store. Nothing like having a day "off!"
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #8  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I am going to have a great week! I am finally over my cold and I ran intervals on both Sat and Sun for the first time since October! My calves are a little sore but no problems at all with my knee. That means that I can run intervals on Tuesday instead of going to spin class with the annoying instructor! Plus I have some of my lowest calorie meals planned for lunch and dinner, so it should be easy to stay POP all week. In fact, not only do I have the meals planned but they are already made--all the way through Thursday. I don't have to cook again until Friday. So maybe the kitchen will even stay clean.

Walking: How can your school not have President's Day off? It's a national holiday--even the stock exchanges are closed (which is also why the airlines are on a holiday schedule, Scenestealer; it's probably a union requirement that they run a holiday schedule on national holidays).

Incidentally, did you know that the holiday is really Washington's birthday? At least according to the NYSE, the "Monday Holiday Law," enacted in 1968, shifted the date of the commemoration of Washington's Birthday from February 22 (his actual birthday) to the third Monday in February, but neither that law nor any subsequent law changed the name of the holiday from Washington's Birthday to President's Day.

It's not a day off for me but it is for a lot of other people--either their company recognizes national holidays or they had to take it as a personal day because their kids are off. Which is great because, although I am working, I have no meetings! Love that!
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:41 PM   #9  

Wink Just a bloggin' fool

Have set up the blog and posted twice in it (today is the new stat holiday here so I've had some extra time). It's called "losing my luggage?" and I have no idea how to get to it from 3FC (I'm going there from my hotmail account where they sent me a link).

I like it so far but there are no smilies there (insert frownie here). And I've yet to figure out the spellchecker. I seem to be losing weight from my brain first these days

Dagmar (praise be the rain has finally stopped)
Old 02-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #10  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

No day off for me either but we do get holiday pay My son had last Monday and this Monday off from school for both presidents, Lincoln and Washington.

I couldn't sleep when I got home this morning so I got up and walked on my treadmill instead. I need to get to bed a little earlier this evening, like about NOW!!!

Barbara-Good for you getting all your meals planned and made! That is my dream to be that organized someday, especially related to my food/meals. I do plan out what I'm having the next day every night but I still don't feel very organized. Way to go on your exercising!

Have a great day. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #11  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

My boys didn't have today off. They were off Friday, though.
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:55 AM   #12  

Default Sunny day!

Good morning all!

It's sunny here today and really clear and cold - just the weather I like! No snow in the forecast until Friday either so I'm a happy little clam .

I kinda feel like it's Monday for me due to the long weekend. Weighed in this morning at 133. I think, until around April, that this will be more maintenance/less losing for me. I have to eat more in the cold to keep going (and it's pretty cold around our TV )

Have a great week everyone!

Dagmar
Old 02-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/183/135

Height: 5'5"

Dagmar -

I'm excited to see your blog when you are able to link it. I definitely think maintaining is a whole new frame of mind and its interesting to get some new perspective on it. Ive maintained my 70 pound loss for just over 2 years (with a little gain of about 6 that im stopping right now) and I frequently refer to it not as maintaining but as "outpacing the monster"
tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:41 PM   #14  

Red face TechnoNOT!

tukogirl I think you might be waiting awhile for the link to my blog. I'm still not able to figure out how to access it from the 3FC site. I'm going through my hotmail account.

I am not a tech-savvy person . My DH is and I'll probably ask him for help this weekend to see if I can get this worked out .

Dagmar
Old 02-20-2008, 05:37 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

So much snow!

If I'm going to get to work this morning, I'll need DH to drive me again!

On a happier note ... food has been good for a couple of days. I'm inspired by Glory87 and it seems to be just the spark I needed.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote