Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #16  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon. It's been a few days since I've posted but I have at least been reading for motivation!

What types of food is Ethiopian?

My 17 yr old son is at a funeral One of his best friends' mother died very suddenly. He wanted to go with some of his other friends so I didn't go with him. He said he didn't know what to say so we had to talk about that.

I have been doing "ok" with eating but I feel so snacky. I've managed to keep it under control (just barely!). I have been keeping up with my exercising though. I think I need to do some more ab work though. Well actually, any ab work! I only do any of the machines at Curves that work your abs and I think there is only 2 (?). I just feel pudgy there. I guess I look ok with clothes ON!

Have a great rest of the day. Talk to you soon. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:55 AM   #17  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I never know what to do in those situations either, Jane. Just offer condolences and whatever help you can. When my best friend's dad died last summer, all I could do was hang out with her and make her laugh. She said it was good to have someone to be 'normal' with.

I totally need to get my abs in shape. I lost another pound---yay! I just hope this trend continues!
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Good morning this Valentine Day
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #19  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Oh my goodness! Where is everyone?

I can't even begin to tell you how much I got done today! I cleaned my house so well! I love just sitting here enjoying it! I am so bad at cleaning my house all at once. I will do a few things here and there and I never feel like I get caught up. I am going to specifically set aside 4 hours each week and blast through. Now to just get a system going for the laundry!

My husband wants to go out for dinner tonight I hate going out on Valentine's Day. Oh well, I do love going out to eat. I think I'll stop off at Barnes & Noble afterward and use some gift certificates I have.

Hi Susan Hope you are having a great day too.

Midearth-that is exactly what I told my son also, not to be afraid to mention his friend's mother. I think alot of times people try not to mention the person who died thinking they will make the family too sad but I don't think that is true. He did really well anyway and went back to his friend's house with everyone so that was nice that he could stay with his friend.

It's raining here (again!). I know I shouldn't complain about rain considering some of the weather everyone else is getting but I am anyway! At least I don't have to go back to work until 11 pm on Saturday night so I don't have to do any long distance driving in it. Oh scratch that! I am supposed to drive over to Seal Beach tomorrow to visit one of my older sons. Oh well, hopefully it will have stopped raining by then

Ok, gotta run. Hope everyone is having a great OP Valentine's day. Actually, I just hope there is anyone still posting here!!! Just kidding Talk to you later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:02 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm back!

And I'm whining . We've had over 60 centimeters more snow this Feb. than the usual Feb average of 28 centimeters. And there are two new storms coming today and Sunday. My DH has piled the stuff over 7 ft. high on both sides of our driveway.

So driving is a hazard every day and parking is non-existent. My poor little car is suffering badly. I've never needed snow tires before and now all the tire places are sold out of them.

This is the first time in 14 years that I hate going to work every day. I'm literally afraid for my life and car.

With all the stress of this, plus living in with the dogs during a house reno, I've packed on the weight. Just tried on a size 10 (I was an 8 in Jan.) pair of pants and they're snug. I don't dare get on the scale. Will leave that until Monday.

I'm hoping to get back on track but this is so depressing. I have to wade through 3 foot high snow all day long with the dogs so I'm so exhausted at the end of the day that I eat from the moment I walk in the door until bedtime .

DH is not helping either . I brought home 2 cookies for our Valentine's dessert and he showed up with a package of 8 and 2 litres of ice cream.

This morning I feel like I'm going to die . And there's more snow coming today. BLEEAAGGGHHH!!!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:06 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Dagmar, don't give up!!! I know you can do it. Don't let the weather win. Soon we will have beautiful sunshiny days.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:16 AM   #22  

The sun is shining here. A nice morning to go for a walk. But we have had a pile of snow this year, in a very short period of time. I had an interesting drive home last night.

Today is scuddle the clutter day. You can hardly walk in this house for stuff. I'll be happy when we can tuck away some of these coats and boots.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:21 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 183/130/115

Height: 5'0"

Hello everyone! I hope your week is going well. I've been very busy this week...Starting a new job, kids basketball practice, band practice, and all of the other "mommy" stuff! We have a basketball game in the morning at 8:00, but because tommorow is picture day, we have to be there an hour earlier! I have a feeling it wont be pretty.The weather here has been cold and rainy on and off all week, so we have been forced to stay indoors most of the time. With 5 kids, that can be a challenge!
I have actually had a terrible weight loss week. You see, I had lost 50 lbs over a year, gained a few back over the holidays, and have since almost gotten back to my lowest weight. I don't know what my problem is, but the will power, self control, and attitude is lacking. I am not where I want to be, but I obviously don't mind where I'm at too much. I have never been this small since I began having kids, and hearing from my husband and friends how good I look, (relatively, I'm sure) seems to make it easier to eat what I want, and or not exercise if I don't feel up to it. I don't get how I could be so motivated and consistent for a year,and loose the weight I did, but now can't bring myself to loose these last 15 lbs. I'ts very discouraging. I've even concidered joining weight watchers, for nothing else than the accountability factor! Then, that would just be one more thing added on to my week. I don't know if it is worth it. Anyway, thanks for listening. I hope you all are doing better than I am!
RNmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:56 AM   #24  

Good morning!

I hear you RNmom. Week after week of 1200 calories and walking miles -but- yesterday I couldn't keep my hands out of the chocolate. I don't know what happens. But I do know that we can get back at it. It just sometimes takes a while and it definitely take encouragement!

I'm doing a little better. Not necessarily good calories but less of them and I got a nice little bit of exercise in this week too. So things are looking up.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:15 AM   #25  

Talking Back at it

Motivation comes and goes according to circumstances.

I let myself "go" a lot in the last 2 weeks because of external factors over which I had no control - the weather!

I am up only 1 1/2 lbs which surprises me. I was expecting a gain of at least 4 lbs. I guess trudging through the snow and the stress of parking/driving around in among 6 ft high piles of the stuff is burning a whole lot of calories .

I'm back in "Michael Clayton" mode - just dealing with it every day. I think we just need to have more "good" OP days than "bad" days. Sometimes there are a bunch of bad days in a row so we have to compensate, go back and start anew.

That's why I read/post here. This is my motivation and support. THANK YOU ALL!!!

Dagmar (in the land of ice, snow, and now freezing rain - SIGH)
Old 02-17-2008, 05:34 AM   #26  

We've heard so much about this approaching ice and rain and snow storm that I woke this morning expecting the world to have fallen apart. So far so good.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:12 AM   #27  

Talking World's still ok here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
We've heard so much about this approaching ice and rain and snow storm that I woke this morning expecting the world to have fallen apart. So far so good.
Good morning and thank you SusanB! I've been dreading this storm all week and now I got a good laugh from your comment and am over it. Still have to go and walk a dog (who does NOT like to get wet) but it'll be easier now.

Dagmar
Old 02-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #28  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

CW: 157

BMI: 25.3

Mini goal: 149
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:29 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

First day exercising again for me. Been way too long. I only did 20 minutes on elyptical. Better than nothing though, right? My plan for tomorrow is going skating for one hour with my son (5yearsold). I am going to do some weights tomorrow, too. I hope I can stick to my plan. Posting it on here helps. Thanks 3FC!
justdoit37 is offline   Reply With Quote