Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Car and all ID stolen this a.m.

My little Toyota Corolla, with my wallet with all of my ID in it, was stolen this morning from my client's parking pad. I was about 20 feet away putting the dog in the house when a guy just apeared, jumped into the car, and took it. I almost got the passenger door open to stop him but not quite. I had left the keys in the car as I could see it from where I was putting the dog inside.

I haven't eaten all day. And I feel sick now, instead of hungry. And I'm not going to go and binge now either. I'm going to walk to both video stores where I have accounts and cancel those as my last ID thing, come home, have soup, salad, hot shower and a good long cry and go to bed.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #17  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Dagmar, I am so sorry to hear that! What a terrible day. I am just glad that you didn't get hurt.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #18  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Dagmar, oh no! How terrible! I'm so sorry. I hope you get your car back. My SO's car was stolen a couple of years ago and not only did we get it back, but the guy who stole it had to pay restitution to my SO. So it's a long-shot but it's possible.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Dagmar~I'm so sorry about your car and wallet! My friend had her car stolen once--they found it a few days later abandoned in the desert with a flat tire. Inside they found a whole mess of mariachi CD's and an automatic rifle of some sort. Scary to think of what they could have done if it were a car jacking (it was stolen while they were in a movie).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #20  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Dagmar, I'm really sorry to hear about your car. That's absolutely terrible. Happy to hear you are allright though safe and sound. That must be unbelievably frustrating.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:51 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Dagmar - I'm so sorry to hear about your car and wallet. It must have been scary; I can't imagine. You've had such a stretch of bad luck lately. I'm sure things will get better soon.
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Wow. Dagmar, I 'm really sorry.

Please let us know if you hear anything positive from the police!!!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #23  
Ilene the Bean

Dagmar that's awful I sure hope they catch him... Did you get a good look at the person...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:59 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Dagmar that's awful I sure hope they catch him... Did you get a good look at the person...
I did but I didn't pay much attention at the time. I did provide a description to the police but it was very general. I'm just hoping for my little Raakii back but if I can make life hard for this scumbag I'll be happy to do so.

Dagmar
Old 01-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #25  
Bikini Dreader

I hope today is a better day for you Dagmar.. I'm thinking about you.

This morning I decided to try something different. I haven't been having breakfast lately so today I forced myself to have something little. I dont really feel hungry in the morning any more but I binge later so that obviously isnt working. I planned out my meals for the day and I should be allright. I have a bunch to do today. I'm trying a different gym class today although it isnt a cardio workout. It is more of a strengthening/core workout. I try to put as much emphasis on muscle gain as I do on cardio so this fits into my exercise plans.
I met my second reward! I am going to get my new running shoes soon for doing yoga three weeks in a row. I now feel like continuing. I was not doing it before just out of laziness but I think it really helps to stretch out my muscles and to relax. I really need new running shoes too so this is great. Now if I could only lose this 5 pounds so I can get a heart rate monitor.

I watched the biggest loser last night and really found it demotivating. There is no way that I will ever work out as much as those people and they probably have no snacks in the house - i dont know - it was myu first time watching.The only part I found semi helpful was the talking about why you eat and more the psychological stuff. Otherwise, it just seemed not to apply to me. I really like the show called "the last 10 pounds bootcamp". that's more my style I guess. THey talk about food and exercise and i guess it helps to see how hard these people have to work just to lose that 10 pounds but they almost always succeed and they do look a ton better. Shows me that it is possible.

I feel like I need someone to monitor my food or something. I live alone so it's hard to be my own policeman! Has anyone tried going to a nutritionist or weight loss coach? I'm wondering what people's thoughts are.

Have a good day everyone
Old 01-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 149/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Oh Dagmar - that's awful!! I'm so sorry
Tamsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 149/ticker/120

Bikini - re the Biggest Loser - I wish they would show more/ give more info about what and how much they are eating. Diet is HUGE when trying to lose weight.. we're only getting 1/2 the equation, if that.

I still like the show though

I went to the Dr yesterday. After 2 weeks, my largest cyst has only shrunk by 4 mm..ugh! The good news is, that all the ones on the left are gone. I don't know how many I have left in total... he didnt say, and I'm over *details*. He still doesn't think I should do anything more strenous than walking.

Not getting a decent amount of exercise in makes losing weight that much slower! I'm good though.. just keep writing my food down and counting calories.
Tamsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:21 PM   #28  
Bikini Dreader

Default Hang in there everyone!

It's good that you are doing what you can Tamsie. Hopefully your next appointment will be even more good news.

I think that diet is supposed to be like 80% of your overall weight and 20% based on exercise. I could be off in numbers but it is true that your diet makes a huge difference. Has anyone heard of that book and documentary "crazy sexy cancer"? It's all about this woman who turned her cancer around (or something like that) with her diet and her lifestyle. I saw it on Oprah and it was a pretty powerful message that how you treat your body can really do wonders. Just wanted to mention.

I did a gym class today which was called gliding. It was strange but uses your body weight and should build muscle and tighten your core. I am going to probably go back at 6:30 for a step class because it wasnt much of a workout.

So far today I've been eating what I planned and eating a the table. I did add a snack but I'm allowing myself to add healthy snacks if I'm hungry between my planned meals. I was really craving some cookies after I had my lunch. Immediately after - this is usally when i crave sugar. Like dessert. I thought about it for a long time, I considered making some from scratch, then I though t about getting groceries (which included treats in my mind's eye) and then I stopped - thought about it really. I read on the biggest loser website to truly think about your craving. How you are feeling, blah blah. So I did that. THen I still wanted it so I broke up my thinking by doing something. Eventually it went away because I remembered that I do want to lose weight. this is why the scale doesnt change. I can't lose weight if I'm eating treats every day. So I didnt have anything!!! Later, I cut up a pear and 3 slices of cheddar cheese. I ate it at the table while listening to music - half of it is still on the plate on the table because I wasn't quite hungry enough to finish it. It was exciting for me that I squashed the craving!

I hope you are having a good day.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #29  

Tamsie and bikini Good for you! It takes time to acquire new habits and so much repetition it's mind-numbing but it can (and will) be done.

Dagmar
Old 01-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #30  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Good afternoon everyone. Nothing much new going on around here (I'm so boring!). I'm still trying to keep up with my resolve to come in and post every day. I usually always get to read but sometimes don't get around to posting.

Dagmar-I'm so sorry to hear about your car and wallet getting stolen. What a pain in the rear I'm really glad you didn't catch him though no telling what he would have done. There was a guy in SD last week who went chasing after his stolen truck, jumped in the bed of it as it was driving off, the guy who stole it crashed it into some other cars and the owner got thrown from the truck and died. I know that's probably pretty extreme but at least you are SAFE.

I seem to be eating too much candy lately. I went to a 9 hour class yesterday and they had a huge bag of mini candy bars and we were all in it all day. I can't even begin to calculate how much I ate (along with my regular food for the day). I will weigh in on Friday morning and I'll see what my new scale says this week!

I am freezing. Is anyone else freezing all the time? I mean unrelated to your weather.

Tamsie-good for you for keeping up your calorie counting even when you can't exercise.

Bikini Dreader-I'm the same way about something sweet after I just ate. I hate it to because I know it just must be my mindset or a habit because I can't possibly be hungry when i just ate

Ok, everyone have a good day and keep fighting the good fight. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote