Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Default My non-scale victory/ego massage

So, just a short brag about my NSV on the weekend....

I went out to a bar with DH and some friends, plus one of their daughters and some of her friends (early 20's). I was dancing to this great band with the 20-somethings ("my generation" (I'm 41) had pooped out on me ). I was feeling like I was all that - wearing my Levis and high heeled boots, having a great time. Then, this young (late 20's?), tall, absolutely adorable guy just kind of joined us, and the next thing I knew, he had grabbed both of my hands and we just kept dancing for about 10 minutes. All of the party poopers at my table (DH included!) noticed, and the young girls' eyes just about popped out of their heads. Afterward, DH, who is not the jealous type at all, remarked and asked who he was. And the young girls were all - "whoa, what's with the totally hot guy hitting on K, he didn't even look at us young ones, he just went straight for her." I think I totally earned their respect!

On the downside, I think I drank about 100 beers , but I didn't eat a lot that day (didn't have even one bite of the platter of deep-fried crap that the table ordered, though admittedly, it's not hard for me to turn down fried stuff, don't care for it. If it had been chocolate chip cookies or a sundae bar, things might have turned out badly!), and with the dancing figured in, I calculated that I broke about even
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #2  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

those ego boosts are great! Glad you had a fun night!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:07 AM   #3  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Congrats! It always makes me feel so virtuous when I'm out and can avoid temptation
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Hehehe ... That is a great ego booster!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

You go girl! Sounds like you were looking good and had your groove on!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote