3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Planning & chat for Sept. 10-16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/122465-planning-chat-sept-10-16-a.html)

Mudpie 09-10-2007 05:42 AM

Planning & chat for Sept. 10-16

Summer is definitely on the way out. The nights are cooler and there are plans for pots of things bubbling on the stove. What's happening in your kitchen? diet plan? workout? this week.

Dagmar :yay:

srmb60 09-10-2007 06:01 AM

Morning Dagmar.

As soon as I have enough red tomatoes gathered up, I'd like to make salsa for the pantry.
Along that line of thinking ... I wonder if DH ever spoke to our organic beef guy. It'd be really nice to have a quarter in the freezer.

Mudpie 09-10-2007 08:18 AM

You all amaze me

All of you are so much more "prepared" in your food prep. You grow your own stuff, put big pieces of beef in the freezer, etc. I guess since I've always been urban/renter person I never explored that. I do cook from scratch and I can bake tho DH's ever expanding waist line requires no help from that domestic art.

And how do you find time to make things like salsa and preserves? You all work, have kids, pets, homes to maintain. WOW! I'm dieting with wonder women (and I'm not being sarcastic here).

Dagmar :yay:

sugarfreeprincess 09-10-2007 09:38 AM

MudPie, it actually is rather time consuming to do that in the city... I was born and raised in a country/farm setting where canning and preperation froim our own seeds was a must... no ifs or buts. But now that I am "citilized" I find it a chore to ever relax and unwind on a daily basis! :D

Susanb, LOVE FRESH SALSA!! YUMMMM

alinnell 09-10-2007 01:15 PM

Oh, fresh salsa is so quick and easy to make! Even us city folk can make it fresh. Trader Joe's even sells a fresh salsa "kit"--tomatoes, peppers, limes, onions.

Tonight, DD will not be home for dinner so that means DH, DS and I get eggs! She detests eggs and we all love them. I wonder what planet she is from.

walking2lose 09-10-2007 09:01 PM

I'm wondering where the weekend went... too short!

We have soooo many tomatoes now; we are having to give them away left and right. We picked about 7-8 BIG ones today, along with about 15 cherries. Same each day. We planted really late this year (beginning of June), so I guess that's why they're still coming. I actually made a huge pot of tomato gravy last night, which we ate over couscous. I was out of milk tonight or I would have made more. I'm another big fan of homemade salsa! And bruschetta!

Food has been ok today (will make it at around 1400 for day). No exercise, though. Too busy and got home too late :-(

I must try harder to plan my workouts now that I'm back to work. I hope everyone has a great week!

Mudpie 09-11-2007 05:59 AM

Sabotaging myself

Sigh. I know better but I still have the occasional bout of self-sabotage.

I bought a package of chocolate animal crackers on the weekend, thinking it was a healthier treat that a lot of other things.

One portion is 140 calories so that's not too bad. Unfortunately they didn't give the calorie count for 1/2 the box :o which is about what I ate last night. Feeling really tired, stressed, and DH didn't help by bringing frozen chocolate yogurt (he thinks it's healthier than ice cream). :o :o

I sat in front of the TV watching my Magnum P.I. DVD's, listening to DH snore, and eating. Just like the "old days". :(

Back OP today - New York :yay: will win over the chocolate :devil:. I'm throwing the rest of the animal crackers out and no more snax of any kind except fruit until Oct. 15.

Dagmar :p

stiebena 09-11-2007 08:57 AM

So, I'm a dope and I posted in last week's forum. But I guess that just shows how sleepy I am!!! ;)

Wow Dagmar, you're really making progress despite the occasional self-sabotage!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Mmmm home made salsa...that sounds so delicious! Someday I'd love to have a garden and make things like that!

Anyways, here is what I posted earlier:

"Whew its been a busy couple of days for me...my eating has been okay....I think I need to wait until school settles down, and I really get into a routine. So far, things are crazy!!!!

The good news is, I'm back to 143. Yes...4 pounds above ticker weight...but at least I'm down 1 pound from the dreaded vacation weight.

I've been sticking to a mostly vegetarian/pesco-vegetarian diet lately...it helps that one of my good friends recently turned vegetarian. She read "The Ethics of What We Eat" by Peter Singer, and she couldn't eat meat after that. I'm reading it now...its a really interesting read so far! I recommend it!"

Anyways, have a great day everyone!!!

alinnell 09-11-2007 11:36 AM

Good morning everyone!

I'm happy to announce that I'm 142.5! I haven't been that low since June. I guess all this work is finally starting to show. You know how it is....you gain and you don't really count the losses until they are UNDER your ticker! I'm excited. I hope to see 142 even by Friday.

Whittlin 09-11-2007 11:38 AM

Hi, everyone!

Fascinated by the NutriSystem chat. I've been interested in the concept of how changing up eating plans keeps our bodies off-balance. But I wouldn't want to try temp plans if they each required a big learning curve. Nutrisystem has a pretty good rep and might be one that wouldn't bend my brain too much since it comes to the door and says, "this is what you do". ;) I do realize they assume you want to continue buying their products on and on, and I might feel some guilt since I'd want a couple weeks and then back to something different. Hmmm ... ...

Have started buying the shrink-wrapped sweet potatoes as season changes. Those should be good.

Dagmar, I have no business advising you since I am still falling for my dh's (innocent) high-calorie "gifts". Twice he brought me milkshakes last week. I realize it is super hot outside, the drive home is long, it's easy to go through a drive-through, etc. One I avoided, the other tempted me too much and I drank it. He says he doesn't know what to bring me except "treats" because there's no time to actually go through a grocery. This also translates to convenience for him - yes, he thinks of me and would like to do something for me BUT taking time to go anywhere with me, or brainpower to save up and buy a nice gift is more effort than he wants to put into appreciating me! :rolleyes:

abbyin 09-11-2007 02:22 PM

I too, am a self-sabotager :rolleyes:

I keep telling myself that I am going to stop doing it but I keep on doing it. My worst thing is fast food for lunch :mcd:. What is wrong with me? I know better :tantrum:. I know how fattening it is and that when I enter it into my fitday it's going to be bad. Really bad :yikes:. But I did it yesterday and today and now I have to barely eat anything the rest of the day to make up for it. Oh well, serves me right :frypan:

I must do better tomorrow!

Congrats to everyone on your losses :cheer2:

Mudpie 09-11-2007 06:46 PM

Nothing like the dentist

To keep you OP for the rest of the evening. I can't eat until 7 p.m. and I am staaarving!!!:drool: (the drooling is not all from hunger).

And nothing crunchy until tomorrow. There goes my salad. So I guess I better eat ice cream (just kidding :lol:).

I'm going to have chicken soup to fill this gaping hole inside me.

Just a weird "footnote" - I am so relaxed at the dentist that I always fall asleep if I have a late in the day appointment. Did it today, much to the surprise of the new assistant. Just hope they don't drill a hole through my nose one of these times. SusanB is mentally beating me up now :frypan:

Dagmar :drool:

BlueToBlue 09-12-2007 03:12 AM

Dagmar--What?? You fall asleep at the dentist!!! :faint: Man, I white knuckle it the whole time. And I'm not speaking figuratively--I am literally gripping the armrests as hard as I can the whole time. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm doing it. My dentist does have a cute hygenist, though, that almost (but not quite) makes it worth it.

Recently I've been very into canning. I like it because of the attention and patience it requires. You can't rush jelly and you also can't do anything else while you are making it; it's a very zen process. Normally I'm always trying to rush through whatever I'm doing to get to the next chore, but when I make jelly (or pickles, for that matter), I have to set everything else aside for the afternoon. And it doesn't require any heavy manual labor like gardening.

Last year we got lucky and picked all our green tomatoes right before the first frost. I made green tomato salsa and canned it--it came out great. We are just finishing up the last jar now. Last weekend I canned 11 jars of lemon rosemary pickled beans. Those also come out great; I may have to buy some more beans at the farmers market because 11 jars is not going to get me through the winter. And soon it will be guava season. The tree is LOADED with guavas this year so every weekend from mid-October to the end of November will probably be devoted to guava jelly.

This week is going to be a little tough for me. Went out for pedicures with the girls tonight and did pretty good. I'm probably a little over my calories, but it shouldn't be too bad. But tomorrow is SO's birthday and we are going out to dinner at a restaurant where there won't be any good choices. Then there will be birthday cake afterwards--although at least it is a low calorie cake: Gingerbread cake with Cream Cheese Frosting from Cooking Light. I made it in two layers with guava jelly in between (gotta use up last year's jelly before the guavas start falling this year). Then we have a party to go to on Saturday--wine and more bad food choices. I'll be driving though, so at least that will force me to limit my wine consumption.

So I continue to remain 1 to 2 lbs above goal and probably (hopefully) will still be here at the end of the week.

srmb60 09-12-2007 05:36 AM

Yes Dagmar, we'll have to beat you. When they were handing out the relax genes, I missed the boat.

Good morning everyone.

Mudpie 09-12-2007 05:40 AM

Hey Barbara! Good to hear from you! Thought you might have gone over to maintainers with SusanB and Kim (yes, I'm lurking there although I'm still 5 lbs. over goal - curiosity)

I thought you might be busy with the harvest. Those rosemary beans sound yummy! Not sure about the guavas - never tried one! And you bake too! Gingergread cake - MMM!

It's amazing that you make all of your own stuff to last through the season. I am IMPRESSED!!

Don't stress about the social eating - life off plan for a night or two is not so bad because you have the experience to get whatever you gain right back off again :D.

Dagmar