3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   ugh (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/116903-ugh.html)

stiebena 07-04-2007 09:08 PM

ugh

So...I had an after dinner snack, that was supposed to be 13 baked lays (100 cals) and turned into I don't know how many. Can somebody please kick me in the butt so I get back on track? I don't know whats wrong with me.

Thanks!

thinnythighs 07-04-2007 09:15 PM

Maybe you're losing your motivation? i've been there. it's ok. Tomorrow is a new day and eating one bag of baked chips ( i'm assuming it was a small bag ) isn't going to make you lose all your progress.

stiebena 07-04-2007 09:19 PM

Thanks Thinnythighs :) I think what happened is that I had a really bad weekend foodwise, and I always have a hard time getting back on track when that happens. It wasn't exactly a whole bag...it was about half of a normal sized one. Not so good :( But you're right...tomorrow is another day!!!

Mudpie 07-05-2007 05:54 AM

Nobody can eat just one portion of chips if it's a bigger bag! I get a box of the mini chip bags at Halloween and just eat them. I'm forced to do portion control (one bag at a time) and usually by Christmas I'm sick of chips!

You and I have almost identical weight/height stats and goals. How about I'll kick your butt (or give you a hug) if you'll do the same for me?

Dagmar

srmb60 07-05-2007 06:19 AM

I have to step away from the chips. I don't buy them ... however, if they make their way into the house, like they did on the weekend??? I eat 'em.

This is a pretty good case for those whole foods diets.

stiebena 07-05-2007 08:15 AM

heehee, thanks guys :) Today WILL be a better day.

Dagmar - yes, lets be each others butt kickers/huggers :D

Mudpie 07-05-2007 08:25 AM

The butt kicking thread??

I tend to "hang out" in the weekly planning and chat thread. How about we use this one you've created for any personal butt-kicking we both need? :p Easier to find each other rather than looking at all the other threads. Of course we will continue to post on other threads as well.

Have a great day today!
Dagmar :cool:

stiebena 07-05-2007 08:31 AM

Sounds great! I hope you have a great day too!

Mudpie 07-05-2007 08:18 PM

Good day Nic?

My day went really well. Am OP and hoping for a 1 lb. loss at tomorrow's weigh-in. Have healthy snacks for this evening and am ignoring DH's chips (damn chips!!).

Have a great evening! I'm turning the computer over to DH (too lazy to use his own) so I will check in tomorrow.

walking2lose 07-05-2007 08:33 PM

:kickbutt: Ok, here's your kick in the butt, Nic, but please send me a swift kick right back because my eating has been bad, bad, bad. My overindulging lasted 3 days (anniversary meal with alcohol and chocolate, 4th of July party, and for some reason continued to eat haphazardly today). So maybe now you can feel better about just eating a few too many chips!

We'll do better tomorrow! I've got to... I feel so bloated, I might pop!

Here's to a healthier day tomorrow for all of us!

stiebena 07-05-2007 08:48 PM

Hi Guys! Thanks for the kick in the rear Claire...don't worry, you just need to find your motivation again...you can do it!!!! Tomorrow will be a better day.

Dagmar - I'm glad to hear that you did well today!! I think today went well for me too...we went out for dinner, but I think I was reasonable with a turkey burger and salad. Talk to you tomorrow - hope you get that 1lb!

BlueToBlue 07-06-2007 04:00 AM

I've thrown out food in that situation. Sometimes it's the only thing that works. I'll tell myself that I can have 13 chips and that's it. If I have more than 13 chips; I have to throw the rest of the bag out and I'm not allowed to buy anymore. Sometimes it works; sometimes I have to throw the bag out. :o

Mudpie 07-06-2007 08:00 AM

Throwing FOOD OUT - Heavens!!

Barbara Good for you! If that's what it takes, DO IT!

I too have thrown food out - half packages of cookies mostly. My mother is spinning in her grave after I admit this. She didn't throw any food out - ever. And that was probably the reason she hit a weight of over 220 lbs just after she turned 40 (height 5').

I am not obligated to follow in her footsteps. I will continue to throw out food the next day :D. We have a really good incentive to not retrieve :o (EWWW!! anyone see SATC where Miranda takes the chocolate cake out of the garbage?) the food either. Our green bin program encourages us to put unwrapped spoiled food, peels, bones, etc in a green bin for composting. So I dump the unwrapped "bad" food in there and boy! - no chance it's re-entering the food chain.

stiebena 07-06-2007 08:11 AM

hmmm thats a good idea! I think my issue was mostly that I tried to eat them out of the bag (BAD IDEA)...next time, I'm going take out 13 chips and stick to that!

Kilketay 07-06-2007 10:10 AM

I understand where you're coming from. I bought a bag of "healthy" soy chips a week or so ago and thought I would eat maybe 10 as snacks. WRONG! Ate most of the bag. I just have to keep those things out of my house.

I am also one of those people who has a lot of trouble getting back on track. Once I eat off plan for ONE DAY all of a sudden it becomes really difficult to get back on. I don't know why that is! But one thing that helps me is to really shake my diet up and try new things. For example, I had a bad weekend last week. I thought for sure I'd have a lot of problems getting back on plan this week! So I decided to change my meal plan around a lot this week. I added a lot of fiber and cut back on fat. Plus I picked out a few new foods I wanted to try this week. I also decided to cut back on my diet by 100 calories a day, but then allow myself one big splurge eat out meal a week. Changing things around seemed to really do the trick! I've had a GREAT week. And tonight we're going out to eat and I get a splurge meal that I've really earned and won't mess up my diet!