Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Yes - it is a dilemma, and for me, it's best just not to have stuff around that tempts me. One of my downfalls this week (during the 3 days I decided not to count calories) were macademia nuts! I bought them to make this really good maple/spicy mixed nut recipe, but over 4 nights I ate them all! Let's not even talk about the CALORIES and FAT in macademia nuts. Oh my.

I'm back on track today, but I will not be buying them for a while. They are just too yummy for me to resist!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:46 AM   #17  

oooh I just dont buy stuff like chips!! they are evil.

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default Still pie free

My own weakness is for cookies, big evil 250 calories each chocolate with Skor bars on top cookies. I try to not even go down that aisle in the grocery store any more.

Will weigh in tomorrow a.m., see if I need a butt-kicking or a hug. Hope everyone is OP and planning for a great weekend! I AM!

Dagmar :
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Good luck at your weigh in Dagmar!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #20  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiebena View Post
hmmm thats a good idea! I think my issue was mostly that I tried to eat them out of the bag (BAD IDEA)...next time, I'm going take out 13 chips and stick to that!
That's what I do if I have chips or crackers. I take out the amount I want, close the bag or box, and eat what I took out.
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #21  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Kilketay - shaking up your diet sounds like a fantastic idea...I think that would help me get back on plan as well the next time I make a boo-boo. I'll keep that in mind!

Yes chips indeed are evil...but I have managed not to eat any for the rest of the week. I will probably not buy anymore (or buy single serving packages) the next time I get groceries.

Dagmar - good luck with your weigh in!!!!! Cookies are one of my weaknesses too Well, really anything with chocolate. Thats why I love thin bars!
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:55 AM   #22  

Unhappy Butt kick needed

I got home from work (for a break, had to do a dinner walk later) and just started eating. Crackers, turkey pepperoni sticks, bread, and so on and so on . Had a very healthy dinner on top and then, as the grand finale, I ate a big bowl of pistachio ice cream.

My DH had brought the ice cream home. He's been tempting me with all sorts of stuff every evening - he's NOT HELPING!!!

I still feel stuffed this morning and I can't figure out what set me off yesterday .

I'm also falling apart on my vow to reduce the diet Pepsi I'm drinking. I'm back up to the old amount. No time this week to make ice tea I keep telling myself. ARRRGGHHH!!! All of the old habits are coming back after less than two weeks OP.

Dagmar
Old 07-11-2007, 07:01 AM   #23  
Doing this for me!

Default You can do it!!!!!!

Don't quit Dagmar! One bad day does not a bad week make Just get back on track today, and you will be fine. Look how far you've come so far...you are doing fantastic!!!!

So here's your small kick in the rear, and a big hug.

Lets both have a great OP day today.

Let me know how it went.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:36 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh Dagmar! You should just look at my fitday for yesterday. I know for a fact that ice cream will not ruin everything.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:56 AM   #25  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 141 / 136 / 120

Height: 5"3

hey Nic!!

looks like our stats are sooo similiar! don't worry about accidently eating more chips---you didn't lose weight in one sitting and you won't GAIN weight by one snacking of chips!
just dust yourself off and begin ANEW!!!

leda
TurboLeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:16 AM   #26  
Still Trying

S/C/G: 132/132/120

Dagmar,

Don't feel bad, I had a wonderful yummy healthy salad for dinner and then proceeded to top that off with some Dots, and two tootsie rolls and part of an ice cream sandwich!! LOL.. I wasn't sad, mad, nothing, I actually wasn't even hungry, it just all looked so delicious!! I swear I could eat sweets 24 hrs a day!

Oh and I understand husbands who try and tempt, mine had fried chicken and tater tots while I ate my salad and was litterally putting the tater tots under my nose saying "just try them they are sooo good!" Like I don't already know that!!

Today is a new day, and one moment of weakness does not ruin the whole plan!

Patty
nometabolism74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #27  

Smile Back OP

Thanks everyone! I'm back OP today. Didn't make the mistake of compounding my misery by stepping on the scale this morning either. I'll wait until Sunday - weigh in day - so that gives me lots of time to undo yesterday.

nometabolism74 I'm LMAO about your husband with the tater tots. MEN!! My DH started waving the ice cream scoop around after dinner tonite and making piggy noises. I'm not speaking to him for at least 5 minutes for that - he dove into the ice cream last night as well!

Have a great night all

Dagmar
Old 07-17-2007, 09:42 PM   #28  
Doing this for me!

hoooo. So I spent the weekend at my friend's cottage in Muskoka. It was a fantastic weekend, even though it rained a bit and was chilly. BUT...I was decidedly off plan. Now I need to get back on plan...ack!
Old 07-18-2007, 06:02 AM   #29  

Wink Weekends are a b*&ch

Now that word could be one of two, the other being beach. It's always hard to stay OP on the weekend because the whole routine changes, or there's no routine because, like you stiebena you're away and can't eat the way you do at home.

I just get back on the "ole diet pony" and ride come Monday (we're watching a lot of Deadwood DVD's). Someone should (probably DOES) market a Tshirt which says
"I'll get back OP on Monday"

Dagmar
Old 07-18-2007, 07:38 AM   #30  
Doing this for me!

heehee thanks Dagmar. Hopefully today will be great for us both!