Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Wink I scream for

Frozen desserts! Anyone find any that are palatable? Is gelato "healthier" than ice cream or frozen yogurt? How about Skinny Cow stuff?

I just bought the cutest little set of piggie spoons and ice cream scoop. Hubby and I do indulge in the summer so I thought this "fun" reminder would help us with portion control.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:27 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I LOVE Skinny Cow fudge Bars - and they're nicely portioned out already!

I have also recently found a gorgeous dessert called a Lemon Snowdrop by Compliments - might be a Canadian thing, though... but yummy!! Mmmmm...

I also stock my freezer with frozen yogurt 'popsicle' type thingies and PC Apple Berry Crumbles - which are ready in the microwave in 2 minutes - so not frozen, but they start that way!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

i love skinny cow ice cream products, they're delicious! i wish they had them in china though

when i'm home, i usually get the skinny cow fudgsicle ice cream bar, or the mint chocolate sandwiches. i get those in moderation, i could never give up my ice cream!
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

My favorite is the Klondike Slim-A-Bear 100 calorie ice cream sandwiches. I have several each week! Yum!

I don't think gelatos are healthier ... they're usually full of sugar.
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default Compliments brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAngel View Post
I have also recently found a gorgeous dessert called a Lemon Snowdrop by Compliments - might be a Canadian thing, though... but yummy!! Mmmmm...
Compliments is the IGA/Valumart house brand yes?
Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:57 AM   #6  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Maybe you should consider investing in an ice cream maker. Cooking Light has several low calorie ice-cream type recipes, including Strawberry-Buttermilk Gelato that is only 134 calories per 1/2 cup serving and Coffee Ice Milk that is only 65 calories per serving! I haven't tried either yet, but they are definitely on my list for this summer.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I love Skinny Cow, helps when I can have my ice cream. My favorite is the vanilla drumstick with caramel, only 90 calories!
I also have an ice cream maker. I make sorbet, and when I make ice cream I use skim milk, light cream and cut the sugar in half. It is yummy!
islandgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 130/130/115

Height: 5'6''

I love to make Chocolate protein shakes and freeze them in little popsicle trays, they taste like fudgesicles soo yummy Only 1 carb, 70 cals each! Is anyone else doing the low carb thing??
LClacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:27 AM   #9  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Ice cream is one of those things I'd rather not compromise on - so I tend to go for the regular variety (usually Haagen Daz & Ben and Jerry pints) -- but I do portion control so I eat, at most, one serving. I eat it right out of the pint container with a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon, which limits how much I can scarf down per bite. By the time the ice cream starts to melt & get runny -- that's when I'm done and back in the freezer it goes. Usually it allows me to to have 6 to 8 sittings with a pint that's meant to serve 4.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I was at a friends house and she offered us frozen yogurt tubes. They're those yogurt tubes that they market for kids. Hers were an organic no weird added chemicals brand (I think Stoneyfield Farms?) I'd never thought to freeze them. They were yummy frozen and they were really low cal.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote