Featherweights Planning & Chat June 3 - 9

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • I had an extremely haphazard week last week. I'm having trouble working the day shift into my life But this week I'm on evenings 3-11, so I should be able to get my healthy lifestyle in before I go to work.
    I need to take my vitamins, drink my shake for breakfast everyday and get a couple of decent lifting sessions in.
  • I just need to get back on track generally. I've had a good day so far and my SO and I have set a 5 week competition/challenge so that should help. He's aiming for 12lbs, I'm aiming for 7. A little friendly sparring won't do either or us any harm as we've both been faffing around lately. I'm hoping this is going to work and that it's going to inspire me to get my head back into it. Holiday's in just over 5 weeks and I weigh exactly the same now as I did the last time I had a beach holdiday and I remember how terribly self conscious I felt then.
  • overate a bit yesterday. I have to reassess how I do long run days, I had the calorie room, but I felt stuffed and ate more than I would have enjoyed. I would prefer a big lunch after the long run to a big dinner I think.

I've been adding a lot more walking this week that I dont count to my exercise, so hopefully that will bump things up a bit.
  • Where is everybody? I know it's slower on the weekend but sheesh!

I have been lurking all weekend myself. I got a terrible cold on Thursday and have been feeling terrible . Is it possible to make your stomach muscles ache from coughing too much? My stomach muscles are killing me and all I've done for 4 days is cough and blow my nose.

I do think I am feeling just a tad better this evening (just a tad).

Well hopefully our featherweights will show up soon. They all must have had a busy weekend
  • Hey, guys! I felt a bit adrift last week, but had a good weekend. Looking forward to a new week!

Good luck to all!
  • Quote: Is it possible to make your stomach muscles ache from coughing too much?
    I did that one winter. Ouch! They were sore for about 3-4 days after the cough stopped.

I am frantic this week and next fighting City Hall and have just found out that one of our "key" people is basically useless.

I weighed myself a day early and it was not good - up 1.5 lbs. to 142.5. I'm just going to try to not get back up to 145 which is where I seem to be headed right now . No more eating out until I'm back to 140 - no control of calories there!

Will post when/if I can
    Dagmar
  • Had a fairly OP weekend. Only one really bad dinner out. My ticker has remained the same.
  • Morning!
    I think somebody put a goodly portion of caffeine in the coffee maker this morning. I'm jitzin' ... Better have a bit of that shake and get walking.
  • Abby -- I get sore abs alll the time when I have a coughing kind of cold...

Yesterday was not a good food day, thank goodness I had biked 30k before the get together at some friends... Today is low carb and back on track...
  • I get sore abs also if I have a cough for a few days.

I am down 2 pounds this week I saw 130 for a day but was back up this morning I think I can handle a 2 pound loss. It will probably be a month or so before I lose again althought I am hoping that next weigh in I will see 130.

Planted flowers this weekend and bought paint now next weekend I will have to paint the house (well where I can reach DH can go up the ladder)
  • Sore abs from coughing? Try bursting the cartilage between your ribs while coughing! I did that a few years ago--my doctor said the pain can be worse than a broken rib. I was in pain for almost 8 weeks. I hope that never happens again.

I was pretty much on plan all weekend, but I'm afraid that my weight is going up rather than either down or maintaining. This week I am going to do a much more conscientious approach and see if I can't get the scale to start going back down. I'm tired of maintaining at 140 and would prefer to maintain at 133-137. I set up some small goals at home and will make good decisions all day today. So far, I'm on track and I have a meal plan for the entire week, so all should be good.

Dagmar~I hope city hall gets their butt in gear and helps you out. Sorry to hear about your gain. It's the stress.

Canadian mom~wtg on the 2 pound loss! I hope to be there myself at the end of the week.

abbyin~hope you are feeling better so you can get back on track!

susan~better have something to eat to counteract that caffeine!

ilene~wow, 30k bike ride! How long did that take? I think I'd be too tired to go out with friends!

Everybody have a great day!
  • Horrible weekend, eating wise. I did ok on Saturday, except for about a a half-dozen oreos and a half-dozen beers, but last night my husband stopped and got chorizo and eggs and tortillas and also got tamales and crackers to put pico and shrimp on. I controlled myself pretty well, but still.... How can you resist such a mexican feast?? I told him he must want me to get fat again! (He said I've never been fat. LOL! But on the plus side, my knee is doing better and I've been able to run like four times in the last week, including getting up and running for 30 minutes this morning before the kids were awake. Lucky that I have a track right out my front door! So, I haven't lost much, but I know if I keep up the good habits, I will.

Abbi---How you feel better soon! Stomach muscles should only be sore from working out! LOL!

Sounds like most of us are in a bit of a lull, weight wise. Maybe there's a circadian rhythm going on here. I was looking at my weight loss journal from the last few months and it looks like I always start off the month with a bang, then gain a bit, then almost give up, then start losing again at the end. I need to break this habit if I"m ever gonna lose. Here's to a new month of victory for us all!

Today's the first day of the new challenge!! I ran this morning and am off to do pilates as soon as I get off here. Hopefully there will be a new, slimmer me in my swimsuit in 14 days!!
  • I gained 3 pounds last week -- before I adjust my ticker, I'm hoping that it's water. I knew I was a bit off plan last week with eating, but I don't think I ate an extra 10,000+ calories!!!

Or better yet, I hope those 3 pounds were calorie-burning muscles!

In slightly better news, I'm glad the strawberries I left in the work fridge over the weekend didn't get moldy -- they did get overripe though, which I kinda like since now they're more fragrant and sweet, albeit slightly mushy.

Also, TIME magazine this week had a big feature (with several stories) on food, appetites & weight control. I was particularly entranced by the article on the Biggest Loser, where the contestants admit to less than healthy lifestyles trying to lose weight for the money and how one guy regained most of the 100+ pounds he's lost on the show. Good read!
  • AW -- That sounds like a good article... I'm going to Google to see if I can read it on line...

Alison -- 30k took me about an hour and a half, not too bad really...and I did take some breaks in there, I visited a friend and we had coffee... Good idea on changing your plan if this one doesn't work, it may be just the ticket to get things moving again...

Such a dull day today I am feeling totally lazy, but I did have a really good leg workout...
  • Day two back on the waggon - it's time for bed here and I've stayed OP. I've had such a disastrous 2 weeks that getting back on track has proved hard. Having the other half ring up to boast about how well he's eating, how much exercise he's done and how he's going to crucify me at Sunday's weigh in is surprisingly motivational. He's such a sweetheart - if the aggressive competition is too much for me he'll just change it into cajoling support. I'm liking the aggressive attitude at the moment.

Ilene- if you find a link to that Time magazine artcle will you let us know? I'm such a computer moron. I sometimes wonder how I ever found this site.

Hope everyone's having a great day