Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5 5

Talking Memorial Day Plans?

Hey!

What are everyones plans to make it through Memorial Day weekend without putting on a few pounds from all of the picinics and drinking?

I have a night out with friends plus a picinic and I am looking forward to both!
Briza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:06 AM   #2  

I am going to try and be as active as possible!! I want to make sure that I lose a couple more pounds before my husband comes home from deployment next week - so lots of cleaning, organizing and yard work on my plate!! But I will just keep thinking how great that new dress is going to look on the pier!!
Just keep moving I tell myself!
KM
KiDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Saturday I have an event planned that will take up my whole day (and will be quite stressful to say the least). It starts with decorating at the convention center (and all the hauling of stuff there first!), run home to shower, be back to do more hauling, then I emcee it for the evening and then I have to clean it all up!

Sunday, I had plans to go wine tasting in Temecula, but it got canceled (or at least postponed until June). Bummer--I was so looking forward to the relaxation.

Monday will be a stay at home and relax day. DD has a concert at the cemetery but she can drive herself because she has a 5 hour rehearsal right afterwards.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

We are going to cookout at my house and then go swimming at my fathers house. I love that cooking out can be totally healthy. We will bbq chicken, shrimp, porkloin, and TONS of veggies, if it can be grilled we grill it. Then we will probably grill peaches for dessert with a little whip cream on top.

So it shouldnt wreck my program at all, lots of outdoor activities and healthy whole foods eating.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 168.5/167.5/140

Height: 5' 1"

*sighing* You guys sound lie you're going to have a lot of fun this weekend. While I will be working, so it's going to inolve lots and lots of walking. Which, is a good thing I suppose, but I'd rather be off. I guess that's what I get for being a civil servant. Have a good and safe weekend, everybody!
Dawnslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

3rd annual memorial day fish-off with my partner and dad on Monday. Sunday we'll be having dinner with my parents, Saturday is a free/normal day
(gym and on-plan eating).
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:59 PM   #7  
Woman on a Mission

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

We'll have OOT guests, so, Saturday to Dollywood (amusement park) for the kids, Sunday to Cades Cove, Monday hopefully grilling out back & going to the neighborhood pool .

Last weekend was also OOT guests, we did Friday Cade's Cove, Saturday top of the Smoky Mts then down to Gatlinburg for the rest of the day, Sunday, we grilled out & played at the pool.

Warm weather is so much fun .
mamajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:49 PM   #8  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

we don't really have any family out here, so Memorial Day is just another weekend but with an extra day off. We're going to rent a movie (free rental from Blockbuster that expires at the end of the month), hopefully plant some beans, get the oil in my car changed (it desperately needs it), maybe go to Ikea, and hopefully have some down time.

I'm also hoping to make bean and asparagus pickles. I made bean pickles last year and they were so good I'm sorry that they are gone.

I'm also planning to go swimming on Saturday morning because my group class at the gym is cancelled. The Saturday morning pool is outdoors, so if the weather is nice, it will be a perfect start to the day. I get my exercise out of the way first thing freeing up my day; I get to exercise outdoors; I get to swim which is by far my best exercise--the only thing I do that I'm good at; and because exercise will be done before breakfast, I can have two cups of coffee! This may seem like a small thing, but I'm totally looking forward to it.

Eating and exercise should be on plan all weekend.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue View Post
I'm also hoping to make bean and asparagus pickles. I made bean pickles last year and they were so good I'm sorry that they are gone.
Bean pickles. Sounds interesting.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 138

Height: 5'5"

My DD graduated 8th grade yest. 30th is her BD, and today is SO Bday. So Big Swimparty / BBQ tommarow. Her friends about 25 noon till 4pm, then our family and friends 4pm till ??? midnight probably. We have been working to clean up the place and get ready all week. I am trying to take it easy today yesterday shopping got my hurting bad. I am just baking the cookies and making cute crispy treats. will let you know how it goes. Gettign the girls up to clean to pool now. Hope it doesnt rain. Cross your fingers. Maintaining this weight !!! Wish I could exersize. I bet I dont get much over 1000 1200 calories a day. I cant eat less.
Angela1970 is offline   Reply With Quote