3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Featherweights Planning & Chat for May 7th- 13th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/111900-featherweights-planning-chat-may-7th-13th.html)

srmb60 05-06-2007 08:24 PM

Featherweights Planning & Chat for May 7th- 13th

The last few pounds are different, don't you think?
You get the hang of eating less and moving more and fat loss happens. You're prit darned near at goal. Or at least slimmer. Or, as Carolyn has said, almost a maintainer.
It's now that you become aware that there is 'something else' afoot here.
You could be a bit faster or stronger.
Your tummy could be a bit flatter, your shoulders a bit more shapely, your booty a bit more firm.
You, altogether, could be tighter, fitter, hotter

There's a nebulous 'something' out there. Eat less and move more become two headings with several points involved.

A new week is beginning. Take time to think it over. What can we do this week to achieve that little leap from good to better?

BlueToBlue 05-07-2007 12:33 AM

I missed all last week. I was at a business conference for the start of the week and then work got crazy and I couldn't catch up with the chat thread. I'm at a business conference again this week, so I may not be able to keep up again.

My SO and I have babies! Well, baby birds (house finches). A pair of house finches built a nest in our pink jasmine and the eggs hatched last week (or at least that's when we first noticed them). We saw one of the little fledglings out on the patio yesterday morning. He/she was so cute!

For the first two days this week, I'm at a business conference where I have little control over what I eat and will be exposed to tempting foods all day, so I'm just trying to maintain. But when I am home, I've been going back to what I did to lose the first 20 pounds, which is eating 1200-1300 calories per day and cutting my Tues/Thurs cardio back to only 30 min (rather than the hour I was up to before). It does seem to be working. I'm definitely down a few pounds and my clothes seem to fit a little better. I'm feeling really good that 1) I have been able to successfully drop my calories and 2) that it's working. It makes me feel like maybe I am in control after all.

srmb60 05-07-2007 05:16 AM

Good morning!
I woke up bright and early so I went for a walk/jog. I meant to try that as soon as I got full-time (you know, new start, new habits) but haven't yet. So when I was fairly alert at 4:30 ... I got up and did it.

Mudpie 05-07-2007 06:05 AM

Almost at mini goal

Good morning!
:sunny: Another beautiful day today. I am going to give up alcohol until I reach my goal weight. I'm not a drinker anyway - just a beer or glass of wine on the weekend - but that lite beer Saturday did in my dieting for that day.

I weigh in on Tuesdays - give myself a chance to undo any weekend slips. The plan for this week, while I'm still dog sitting, is to have an apple in my car for the afternoon slump and no TV/snacking at night except for one small thing at around 9 p.m. Then walk the dog and read until I fall asleep.

:cool: Dagmar

Doughnut 05-07-2007 06:32 AM

Morning everyone :wave:

I had a really rubbishy end to the week - especially given that it's a holiday weekend here. I was in bed with a migraine since late Saturday morning until this morning. I have no idea what brought it on and I haven't had one in years it was a bit of a shock. I managed to weigh myself immediately I got up though :o and was 145! It won't last, I'm probably three pounds heavier already from the pints of water I've just downed as I was totally dehydrated. That didn't help the headache but i simply couldn't move to get myself any water.

Susan I hope your headache is better because you have my every sympathy.

Barbara - baby finches how cute! I love baby anythings, except humans I'm afraid.

Dagmar - I weigh in tomorrow too. I've no idea what to expect as this week went so spectacularly pear shaped.

Well, having lost the two days of my weekend I now have to go fit in all the chores in one which means getting off the computer.

Elanajel 05-07-2007 08:51 AM

My Eating/Exercise Commitment for this Week

4x workouts: Did treadmill/elliptical and a cool virtual bike ride yesterday
Tonight: Boot Camp
Tuesday: Light cardio
Wed: Turbo kick
Thurs: Rest
Friday: Yoga

Food:
Stay on the Core plan (WW plan that involves whole grains, emphasis on fruits/veg/lean protein, no bread or crackers)

The exercise will be key for me. I want to build up endurance so I can finally beat my husband at tennis!:strong: I take lessons every year; my form is pretty good but my stamina could be better....

mamajones 05-07-2007 09:44 AM

Hey all! We are back from the beach & it was a lovely time with perfect weather the entire week. I was sad to leave it :) but happy just that we were able to go. We were at a beach in South Walton County in FL & we met so many people from all over the country & even Canada! It was a perfect vacation.

HOWEVER, I only followed my eating plan ~~loosley~~ & that's being kind of generous & I only intentionally exercised a couple of the days. The rest of the time I ate easy beachy foods, sandwiches & stuff, but we did bike everywhere, so that's helpful. We caught small blue crabs in the surf & grilled them & DH & I ate 3 dozen crabs one night! geesh!

Well, I weighed this morning, & I am up (141.8) a bit, but I'm back on plan now that I'm home! It's nice to be back on the wagon!

I'll talk to y'all a little later, Liz

Whittlin 05-07-2007 09:50 AM

Good job on the calories, weight and especially control, Barbara.

Also happy Doughnut finds herself at 145, but sorry the headache was so tough.

Dagmar, I find that apples are the best snack for the car - I put a paper napkin with the apple as I get ready to leave, in case it is extra juicy.

Good luck on the tennis, Elanajel. Hope you beat him!

Have fun with the new jogging schedule, SusanB

Glad you are home safely, mamajones.

Missing Artmaker Susan lately!

I exercised first thing after getting everyone off to their days this morning. I am looking at my exercise schedule, too, like SusanB. I think it's good to change things up a little every once in a while. I'm happy to have managed that 1 pound down last week. Slowly but steady.

midearthseeker 05-07-2007 10:47 AM

Felt so good about my running on Thurs, but haven't been able to fit it in all weekend. I just can't seem to get up early enough to do it before DH goes to work, and I can't do it with my 3 yo during the day. AF is coming on again this week and I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach as usual, but I'm about to do 30 mins on the stepper and hope that I'll be able to run tonight after my son's baseball game.

Good luck this week everyone!!

michelinwoman 05-07-2007 12:30 PM

Okay...so my ticker went up again for my Monday morning weigh in !!! I have a plan, but would like some advice. I have a really difficult time staying within my calorie goals. I can have a 200-300 cal breakfast...no problem. The rest of the day is the issue. Do you guys think it matters WHEN you eat your calories. What if I do a light breakfast, light lunch (like a fruit smoothie or slimfast) and a regular dinner. I could stay within my calorie limit of 1400 if I forgo the late night snack and sweetened drinks. Do you think is is productive to eat the vast majority of my cals at one meal? I would feel less deprived!

Doughnut 05-07-2007 12:59 PM

Michelin - I would say whatever works for you. There's all sorts of articles written about how you shouldn't eat at one particular time or another and you must exercise at one particular time or another blah-de-blah-de-blah. IMHO it's mostly rubbish. Calories in, calories out. The reason we're so fat and our ancestors weren't is because we're lazy and we eat too much. It's all about balance and if you want to eat one big meal and several smaller ones than go for it. It's what I do and when I'm staying on plan it works fine.

canadian mom 05-07-2007 03:05 PM

Michelin ~ You have to do a plan that you can stick to, everyone is different. i only eat about 200 cals at breakfast. i usually hace a bowl of bran flakes(100 cals) with fruit (either strawberries or banana) and that does me for my workout then I have a snack.

alinnell 05-07-2007 03:31 PM

Hi gals! I'm having one of those "Calgon, take me away" days (am I dating myself?). First off, I got to the office and DH says to start calling all the recycling places--we had been broken into during the weekend and about $10,000 of extruded aluminum was stolen. We were hoping that the thieves had turned it into a recycling center and we could just buy it back. I called places for a hundred mile radius and nothing. So now I have to deal with a police report and insurance claim. This is our 3rd break-in in as many months.

Then, I had a meeting for a big party we're throwing at the end of the month. It was to go over little details here and there for the party. The group we are throwing the party FOR was included in the meeting and gosh, they're getting more and more nit-picky. I don't know why people can't just be agreeable!

So I'm back to my office, it's half past noon and I'm so stressed my appetite is gone. I seriously doubt that I'll be forgoing the wine tonight!

srmb60 05-07-2007 04:20 PM

Oh Allison, I'm sorry. I suppose nowadays we'd use aromatherapy to de-stress. Hmmm ... I like the smell of wine!

alinnell 05-07-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanB (Post 1685214)
Oh Allison, I'm sorry. I suppose nowadays we'd use aromatherapy to de-stress. Hmmm ... I like the smell of wine!

Yeah, me, too! But I do aroma therapy, too! I have candle jar on a heater in my kitchen so it always smells like gardenia. Ooooh, so smoothing!