3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Featherweights planning and chat for April 16th-22nd (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/110019-featherweights-planning-chat-april-16th-22nd.html)

michelinwoman 04-19-2007 07:32 AM

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I've been in a rut. I haven't kept on plan and haven't maintained my weight for the event I need to look good at tomorrow night. On top of that, I have extreme period bloat. I'm moving my ticker up from 149 for now (I hope it is only bloat), I am more to the tune of 152-153! I have been eating out and social eating WAY too much lately. My breakfast is usually healthy, but yesterday I had buttered noodles and tuna on toast for lunch then beef tips for dinner with a salad smothered in ranch dressing. I didn't snack at all though. When I eat anything "real" I put on pounds or water weight...add the time of month to the equation and up goes the scale!

Allison: so sorry to hear about your loss. :hug: I think everyone has senseless loss on their minds this week.

midearthseeker 04-19-2007 08:36 AM

I with ya Michelin! My scale was all the way up to 150.5 last night. Now, I never count night weighings, but it's still only down to 148.5. I can't remember pigging out at all yesterday, but my period did hit full force. I sure hope it goes back down by tomorrow morning. I'm sick of never seeing progress!:mad:

canadian mom 04-19-2007 09:18 AM

My body this week just doesn't want to exerse but I am still getting in 1 hour a day. today I just walked at a fast pace i hope by this weekend i am back at it full force.

YuppieGirlie 04-19-2007 02:57 PM

I did decide to move my ticker. According to my home scale I've lost 2 pounds between yesterday and today - so it could be mostly bloat, which would be cool b/c then I'd get to move it right back in the near future.

Actually, it's easy to not eat - I've been throwing up a lot - so food doesn't look good/smell good, etc. I'm just exhausted.

Love to all. Will check in tomorrow. Today I'll be waaaay off plan in a deficit - I just can't keep anything down save for a few crackers and some ginger ale. Yuck

Dawnslight 04-19-2007 03:26 PM

Hey everyone, A newbie here. This week I've been doing better in the eating department. More fruits for me, which is a miracle in itself since I don't like that many of them. Problem comes from the excersizing. I just haven't had the determination to do much of it since I'm on my feet all day at work in a uniform that weighs almost 20 pounds and 30 if I wore everything I'm supposed to. So this hasn't helped in the weight loss area. And like some of other posts I've read it's TOM, so that really doesn't help.

But this is a new day, and I'm going to give excersizing another try. Starting off slowly and hopefully going to build up from there. However, my mini goal at the moment is 160 by June 9th. This is 6 lbs lighter that what I am now. That way I won't have the 6 extra pounds to carry around when I'm out walking for the Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society. Wish me luck.

I also wanted to tell Allison that my thoughts are with you and your friend. My brother did the same thing . . . um, 6 years ago this month actually.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-st...5/130/166/.png

hikerchick 04-19-2007 03:42 PM

Welcome Dawnslight,

6lbs by early June seems like a good goal. I have set my goal for 9 by the end of June. A change in scales makes this a bit ambitious however I too would like to loose a bit of the extra insulation by summertime.

Doughnut 04-19-2007 04:49 PM

Hello again - still like your avatar!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawnslight (Post 1660079)
Problem comes from the excersizing. I just haven't had the determination to do much

Do you think if we switched our avatars for something else we'd get some exercise done? :D

Mami 04-19-2007 07:33 PM

Hey girlz, I think I need ya! I've been fluctuating from 140 (which I only hit once) to 142 for the past 2 weeks. My calorie deficit chart is showing that I should've lost another pound and a half and its been pretty accurate since I started it 13 weeks ago, so hoping the scale will go down soon.

I've been averaging around 1850 calories per day and I wish I could get that down a bit as obviously its too high. But I have a very big appetite and get famished if I eat less. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

The baby and DH are over at his mom's so I've got the house to myself. May as well take advantage of this rare moment and hop on the elliptical for 45 minutes. Not sure how much I can do as I finally got my butt back to the weight lifting at the gym today. I did a bunch of squats and walking lunges so the legs are feeling it a bit.

Antyways, wishing you all good luck with your plans. Stress not, it WILL go down but we must all be patient. Let's keep it up!

abbyin 04-19-2007 08:00 PM

I lose really slow too Mami :( . I understand about not wanting to knock the calories down a bit. I hate to be hungry all the time. I know what my problem is and I really need to deal with it soon. I eat really well for 3 days (around 1200 - 1400 calories a day) but then by the 4th day I seem to pig out. I know I shouldn't but it keeps happening over and over again. Well, at least you try to exercise. I can't seem to make my self exercise :tantrum: .

Well I am off work tomorrow (3 day weekend) and I plan to re-commit myself to this effort. I will stick to my calories and I will exercise! :kickbutt:

I've seen your post on here for a long time and I have been here for a long time and it's time to get busy. No more sabotaging and no more excuses!

We can do this. :goodluck:

ennay 04-19-2007 08:14 PM

welcome Mami!

stacyiris 04-19-2007 08:52 PM

Dawnslight- So sorry to hear that about your brother. I am sure that has been tough to deal with. :hug:

Dawnslight 04-19-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doughnut (Post 1660335)
Hello again - still like your avatar!

Do you think if we switched our avatars for something else we'd get some exercise done? :D

Hello to you, Doughnut. I don't know about that. At this point, I think it's going to take a miracle for me to get any excercising done :angel:

Dawnslight 04-19-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacyiris (Post 1660620)
Dawnslight- So sorry to hear that about your brother. I am sure that has been tough to deal with. :hug:

Thank you. It has been rough, but my family and I just keep going. I've found that that's the best we can do.

Mami 04-19-2007 10:30 PM

Hey ennay!

Abby, I also do the same thing, if I can manage eating like you do for those three days, I'm always totally starving and depleted by day 4. On day 4 I end up eating a lot but purposely because I feel weak and starving, like I really need to just fill up. If I can get back to eating low the next day or two, I really lose weight with this method. My point being, don't beat yourself up about that. That's like calorie zig zagging.

Weightloss is so difficult because we're starving ourselves into canabolizing our own fat for fuel (even when we eat a lot but less than we burn so our body will burn our fat away). Of course our bodies will do ANYTHING to get some food so it doesn't have to use its fat as fuel, including hunger pangs, cravings, etc.

Anyway, I was losing a lot when I was able to keep up 3 days of eating between 1200 and 1500 calories. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do that in a few weeks and sure enough the scale has not moved.

What goes up must come down, right ??

abbyin 04-19-2007 10:55 PM

Our weight will come down, Mami. I'm like that too! By the 4th day I feel like I'm starving and so I eat. Alot. But, if I get back to plan right away, I lose weight too. I do think I tend to zig-zag.

Oh well, I am determined to get this under control. I also know I need to eat more vegies than I do. I like vegies, I just don't seem to fit them in to my daily intake. I'm gonna work on that!