3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Featherweights planning and chat for April 16th-22nd (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/110019-featherweights-planning-chat-april-16th-22nd.html)

Mudpie 04-16-2007 08:33 PM

Hi!
Am back from my dog sit and have lost 2 lbs. since last Thursday. I tend to watch less TV when I'm looking after my clients' pets and homes. At home I mindlessly snack in front of the tube so not doing that for 4 days hepled get me started on the summer & swimsuit diet. :carrot:

Am kind of freaking out this evening though, and thinking about hitting the fridge. My cat has to go in for tests tomorrow and it's going to be very expensive. :( I hope he's not seriously ill.

Will try to keep busy in another part of the house - maybe surf the net instead of the fridge ;)

I did get my weight tracker up. The instructions for doing that were great!Now I just have to find the little cat avatar I selected. Don't know where that's supposed to go/be.

Dagmar

Mudpie 04-16-2007 08:35 PM

Oops!

There's the little cat right under my user name. COOL!
Dagmar :D

ennay 04-17-2007 12:12 AM

Not sure what to make of today. I was so ravenous. After dinner, after yoga. I actually just let go and ate more. I havent recorded for today yet. I decided as long as I was eating all healthy stuff to not worry about portions. I might put it in in the morning, I think it is just fatigue driving my hunger

Doughnut 04-17-2007 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinnell (Post 1655387)
Doughnut, did I miss something? You only weigh every, what is it, 6 weeks? Or is this some new kick you're trying!?! .

Lol - some new kick it is. I have been, to be frank, piddling around in the 148-149 range for weeks and weeks. I've given up playing around with my ticker cos it's just a variation of those 2 numbers. I've learned a lot from this site but it has not taught me to let go of my scale obsession so I'm not weighing myself "properly" till the end of May in the hope that I'll have broken through my mini plateau and can register a big drop.

However, as obsession (with me) is the name of the game I am allowing myself to weigh in in kilos as I don't understand them. I'll start next week, I won't know what the number means as I won't know my starting weight in a week's time but i will know if it's going down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinnell (Post 1655387)

My day hasn't been going so well. After the news of the shootings in Virginia, I got a call from a friend who told me some bad news about another friend--her 15 year old daughter committed suicide last night. It is so tragic when things like that happen.

Don't mean to put a damper on anything.....just had to let you know where my mind is today.

I am extremely sorry to hear this. Such a tragic waste.

Mudpie 04-17-2007 05:47 AM

Doughnut - Great idea! You still have a number, for your weight but not a frustrating one. Kilos will take longer to show a drop. Good luck!

Sodiumlightbaby 04-17-2007 06:53 AM

Just a heart felt sorry for the tragedy that happened in the States to all Amercain posters.
Alinnell, so sorry for your friends loss.

New week, new start. Going to try to keep the calories down and eat well.

Dana

ennay 04-17-2007 07:13 AM

so sorry allison

canadian mom 04-17-2007 09:57 AM

Allison~ sorry for the lost.

alinnell 04-17-2007 12:09 PM

Good morning everyone!

Thanks for all the support. My friend's family is with her now and they are planning the funeral. I believe the Rosary will be Thursday and the funeral on Friday. I won't be able to attend as I am leaving tomorrow for a convention. My group is organizing support for my friend and her family for after her family leaves. We're doing sign-ups to deliver food every few days for the next few months. My friend has 4 other children to look after. DD's school is still reeling from this--it is the second suicide this year for the school (and I believe both kids were in the same grade). I understand that my friend's daughter had been battling depression for the past couple of years.

Anyway, I'm trying to put all that away right now and concentrate on getting my work done (I must not be doing a good job as here I am posting!!!). My computer at home is not connecting to the internet, so I have to do all this at work. But since I've lost an employee, my work has doubled. Still, my day here is so much less stressful than at my old job! Bring it on I say!

My weight is going up--although I don't know why. I ate totally OP for the past two days, but I've been hovering at 141. Hopefully being at convention will allow me to take a pound or two off. We usually have very, very light dinners while at convention.

Everyone have a great day!!

BlueToBlue 04-17-2007 01:31 PM

Allison, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. I meant to say so in my last post but got so excited thinking about raspberries and record stores that I forgot.

snowbunny2 04-17-2007 02:08 PM

Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself... I'm a small person with almost 30lbs. to lose to get back to the weight I was two years ago, and had been maintaining easily for years before that. I'm not new to 3FC but just heard about this board, so I thought I'd pop over and say hello! I've recently started the Best Life Diet so I post on that board and the Chicks in Control one as well. This looks like a great bunch, I'm looking forward to getting you know you all!

abbyin 04-17-2007 02:58 PM

Welcome Snowbunny2 :welcome2: Allison, I too am sorry to hear about your friends daughter.

Well yesterday was a complete bust! I don't know what happened, I was doing so well. I claim temporary insanity :dizzy:

Anyway, I'm back on plan today and hope to stay that way for many days to come.

Everyone have a great day!

hikerchick 04-17-2007 03:13 PM

Good morning feathers!

Oh Allison your poor friend. It is so tragic. I hope there is good support at the school for the friends she left behind.

I hope you have a good conference.

I went to a wedding this weekend. I did have one glass of wine. It was early enough in the day that it didn't impact my run the net day.

I did pretty well. Its hard to stay OP 100% at a wedding. I had salad vegitarian chili a deviled egg and a small piece of carrot cake with the icing scraped off. A minimal cheat. Even left before the butter and cream saturated cake was served. That probably would have put me over the edge.

Summer is creeping up on me and it seems that though I have lost nearly 20lbs only a few have come off my belly. Oh dear I hope the net two months cooperate. My brain is all off. I feel fatter now. Silly.

Welcome snowbunny!

midearthseeker 04-17-2007 04:23 PM

Yay Snowbunny...you made it!

I haven't worked out this week at all. I'm starting today and I'm tired. I know...excuses, excuses, but there it is. I also ate an éclair today. I'm a bad girl!:(

greatchoice 04-17-2007 06:09 PM

Good afternoon.

Welcome Snowbunny :welcome2:

Allison-so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. :hug:

Not much going on with me. I maintained this week and I'm ok with that (especially since it's TOM and I usually gain a pound). We are getting ready to change shifts in a couple of weeks so I'll change my weigh in day, probably to Saturday morning. I will still be working nights but with different days off.

I have done a bunch of grocery shopping in the last few days looking for new food finds. I do that alot. I go to Ralph's, Albertsons, Vons & Stater Bros. (4 regular grocery stores) and then stop in at Orchards, Henrys, Sprouts, Trader Joes & Barrons)! Sheesh! I don't go to all those stores every week though :dizzy:

Well, I guess I better get back to doing laundry and I'm also in the middle of making spaghetti for dinner. My son has a couple of very tough tennis matches coming up this week so he's been practicing like mad:crossed:

Hope everyone has a great week. Jane