3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Shameful... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/109019-shameful.html)

Ash15+ 04-04-2007 06:27 PM

Shameful...

I have no excuse for what I just did. Mindlessly I ate HALF of a pie, HALF!
When I finally realized what I was doing I threw the remaining half in the garbage and now I feel kinda sick. I guess old habits die hard...
I felt that I needed to be accountable and tell you guys, I'll drink water for the rest of the night to try to flush out my system and do an extra stint on the treadmill in the morning but I fear the damage is done.
:dizzy:

ennay 04-04-2007 08:02 PM

OK take a deep breath, I've been there. Only it was 3/4ths of a pie and a CAN of readywhip

So you ate 1/2 a pie. Now you dont say what kind of pie so I am just gonna pick a random pie. A 2 crust 9" cherry pie. 1/2 of a 2 crust 9" cherry pie is roughly 1500 calories. Yes that is alot. But it is less than 1/2 a lb.

If you are currently losing weight at ~ 0.5 lbs/week then you delayed your goal by a week? Maybe less?

In the grand scheme of things its a bump and nothing more. Live, learn and move on. :)

Ash15+ 04-04-2007 08:23 PM

It was lemon meringue... so ashamed.
I have just started trying to lose weight again after taking a bit of a break, I only officially started on monday so its not HORRIBLE. Just not the way that I wanted to end my day.

ennay 04-04-2007 08:39 PM

well heck, only 1100 calories then ;)

Ash15+ 04-04-2007 09:23 PM

Thanks, I think I can forgive myself, THIS TIME.
Ennay, congrats on the weight loss, you are almost there.

Bikini Dreader 04-04-2007 09:53 PM

I haven't been doing great lately either. We should both forgive ourselves and move on. Tomorrow is a new day. Thankfully. I hope tomorrow is better for both of us.

BlueToBlue 04-05-2007 05:24 PM

Been there, done that, but more than once and with way worse foods than lemon merique pie! :o I'm not even going to list the foods; I've put it behind me and I've moved on.

Don't beat yourself up, it happens to the best of us! :hug: Give yourself credit for throwing the last half in the garbage; I know how hard that can be to do.

Elanajel 04-22-2007 06:52 PM

Well, you threw out the other 1/2 and you went public with your mistake. I salute you for doing both things. Being honest about what went wrong can be difficult to do.

KylieH 04-22-2007 07:41 PM

It takes a lot of courage to throw out the remaining pie (or cookies or cake), admit to a mistake, and keep going toward your goal. This is just a bump. My thoughts are with you and you'll be fine.

Ash15+ 04-23-2007 07:37 AM

Thanks everyone
An update: No pies have been made or purchased since this post was made.
YAY!!
And I've lost about 3 pounds! YAY!

redlight 04-23-2007 06:15 PM

YAY you!