3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Featherweights Planning & Chat for Mar 26-31 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/108135-featherweights-planning-chat-mar-26-31-a.html)

srmb60 03-26-2007 12:03 AM

Featherweights Planning & Chat for Mar 26-31

Hello my dears! Another new week!
Since I'm not sure what caused my odd little surprise success last week, it was either the walking or the ff yogurt, I'm going to keep up both of those. I'm also going to try again to get in just two good weightlifting days.

If it worked last week, it's a good plan for this week too.

AquaWarlock 03-26-2007 12:33 AM

As with my chaotic life, Monday's "plan" for me has some contingencies (got invited to an event @ Italian restaurant with free wine & appetizers... so my self-restraint will be put to the test there .)

Breakfast - Whole-wheat toast with PB & J ~225 calories

Snack - Bartlett Pear (they're in-season, YAY!!!) ~80 calories

Lunch - Turkey & Pepperjack Cheese Sandwich with Wilted Mixed Greens, Applesauce ~325 calories

Snack - Yogurt ~100 calories

Dinner - planning to cut off at 2 glasses of wine, being careful with my apps, and maybe a bowl of soup or a salad with dressing on side -- hoping I won't go over 900 calories that I'm budgeting for this.

Total for the day: 1,630, hopefully

Exercise - 15 minutes upperbody & abs with weights & stability ball; 25 minutes cardio; 10 minutes abs.

Weight-wise - I'm surprised that even when full of food, I came in at 149.8! Hopefully this means I'm officially in the 140s for good now (will change my siggy midweek if that's the case ;) ).

sweet_talker 03-26-2007 02:25 AM

Foods to Focus On:
- vegetables
- fruits
- cottage cheese (only real source of lean protein)
- Shreddies (limited cereal choices in the caf.)
- skim milk
- 3L of water a day
NO candy. No baked goods.

I'm reading "YOU on a Diet" it's really interesting!!! I can't really follow it's food recommendations to a T while on campus, but I'm doing it my own way. I'm really determined this week. I want to go home pounds lighter!!! RARRR!! haha.

2frustrated 03-26-2007 04:02 AM

:wave:

Plan for this week is to "Eat conciously" so chew 20 times before swallowing and putting food down between mouthfuls. :) Oh yes and more water rather than tea :p

Plan for today is the gym at lunch for weights only. No knee work :( Then teaching the little kickboxers, then home for nice sleep!

This morning so far I've had mushrooms and a (dry) fried egg with about half a slice of ww toast. I've got brownie, pancake, ham, fig, mozzarella, ryvita, soya milk, ff cream cheese and stuff for the rest of the day. :T

I've got my knee up and icing, so hopefully it will make some sort of recovery in time for leg day and running day. Not 100% sure but it may be my running shoes. Fortunately I'm getting a new pair made so they should be with me in 4-6 weeks. Until then I'll have to hobble on - or I might buy another pair in the mean time :dunno:

michelinwoman 03-26-2007 08:10 AM

Sweet talker--I'm thinking of getting that book (YOU-on a diet). I have just incorporated the "eat 6 walnuts 1/2 hour before meals" plan today....kind of yuckie before breakfast, but so far....so good. One of the co-authors was on "The View" last week. He had some actual human fat that he showed the audience...pretty disgusting and a nice reality check. He also talked about how acid reflux is caused by too much excess fat around the waist because it repositions your internal organs a bit. THAT is reason alone to want to lose weight. He mostly talked about waist weight, which is my problem--most women I know have more of a "pear" shape. It really hit home, as all of my weight gain is around my waist and upper back, but my thighs are still relatively thin (thus my michelin woman in a bikini reference) :) Maybe I'll add "You...On a Diet" to my list of diet books I have read. Currently, the only one that has survived a garage sale is Jorge Cruise "8 Minutes in the Morning".

Ilene 03-26-2007 08:28 AM

Warlock -- I hate when men weigh less than me :lol: !! Hubby used to weigh-in at less and it bugged me :tantrum:

2F -- Take care of that knee...

You, on a Diet -- It was an ok book, for me... His attempt at jokes made me roll my eyes, pretty boring jokes... I found it to be a common sense food plan... I wouldn't recommend buying it, get it from the library, if you can, first, then buy if it's your kind of book...

The plan this week is to stay ON PLAN through to the weekend... I'm so tired of this on during the week, off during the weekend plan... It's just a plan for disaster...

This morning, gym for legs... Work this afternoon... That's it, That's all!

srmb60 03-26-2007 08:48 AM

I woke early this morning when thunder rumbled through and the hydro flickered. As is usual, I then fell asleep and dreamed.
I dreamed I was at someone's house who had been thinking about eating healthier to lose weight. As best as I can recall, this is what we decided.
Protein
Vegetables
Fruit
and she insisted on a fibrous cereal.

Ya know ... that's not bad for a dream.

clvquilts 03-26-2007 09:05 AM

Happy Monday Ladies,

My goal for this week is to continue with my plan for March of doing some form of activity every day plus eat healthy.

My daily calorie count average was 1290 so I expect to remain at my goal weight at weigh in on Wednesday. The previous week, I averaged 1300.

I'm very pleased how well I ate and that I exercised everyday of our 5 day vacation in Sarasota. We biked, beach walked, canoed, and danced plus everyday but one I got in my floor exercises.

Over on the Maintainer's forum, they talk very highly of the book Thin for Life. I plan to order it from Amazon.

canadian mom 03-26-2007 09:38 AM

I baked 2 chickens on the wekend so my plan for supper today is chicken and salad. Not too sure about lunch I have been having peanut butter an jam lately I haven't had it in a while so it has been tasting really good. I am the type of person who will eat the same things for weeks then switch it up. I also go by what ever is on sale. lol. My goal for this week is to go outside evryday this week if it is nice enough (I love this weather)

hikerchick 03-26-2007 09:49 AM

OK time for a new scale.

This morning it read as follows

160, 165, 160, 165, 163, 160 164 all in a row.

Something is rotten in Denmark. I hate the idea of actually spending money on a scale. I have to think about this.

About to go on my run tough its just a tad too dark. So I thought I would pop in and say hi.

My dad weighs less than me but thankfully my husband is 6'4" so my chances are good with him. when we met he was really thin like 165 or 160. But I was around 155 at that point. And he is much bigger now (200 ish).

I spent Sunday in a daze. I think the 5 mile run thing is kind of shocking my body into a stupor. So Sunday was an official rest day. I have noticed that once and awhile I NEED to rest super badly. It has happened twice so far. Like a big hello from my body saying "sit yo self down girl" and I humbly obey.

But off I go again today. Puff Puff.

alinnell 03-26-2007 09:55 AM

Went to see 300 yesterday with the family. DD loved it, MIL and I made Chippendale comments about the 6-packs!, DS closed his eyes during some scenes (think Oracle!!) and DH and FIL also loved it. Pretty gory in places, doncha think?

Eating yesterday was pretty darn good if I do say so myself. So what's up with the scale going up half a pound? Plan for today:

B~fage 0% plain yogurt, 6 strawberries, 1 banana, 1/4 cup granola, all mixed together (about 250 cals). Better than a bowl of ice cream!!!!!
S~apple if I'm hungry (100 cals)
L~TJ's low fat southwest salad (170 cals)
D~chicken and steamed broccoli and brown rice.

2frustrated 03-26-2007 10:15 AM

Isn't that Fage 0% DA BOMB???? :drool: It's usually out of stock in my Tesco since they only stock 12 a day :p Unfortunatley we get our food delivered in the last slot of the day so they are sold out by then :( I sometimes manage to get it at another supermarket though :D

Those weren't 6-packs Allison, they were 8 packs! :eek: :drool: :whoo: (ok, calm down now...)

Ilene 03-26-2007 10:24 AM

Thin for Life is an excellent book...

I added a tracker to my siggie, at the suggestion of a friend ;), maybe just maybe it'll keep me more accountable...

Just bakc from a great leg workout :D

Cats tongue 03-26-2007 10:59 AM

Hello everyone,

Wow it's been forever since I've been here. I had a horrible week diet wise. First my friend visited me, then my brother... I ate a lot of junk food and went out for meals too many times to keep track of.

So my goal this week is just to get back on track and stop feeling so overfull.
I also saw a book at my Uni bookstore for calorie counting. I'm going to go and check it out one more time, but I think I'd like to get it. I really like calorie counting for the food variety it allows.

Also I have to get back into exercising, because my energy has been in such a horrible place and I haven't been sleeping very well. Today I'm going to go to areabics and kickboxing.

Ilene 03-26-2007 11:04 AM

Cats -- Have you ever checked out fitday.com ... It's an online journal that keeps track of your calories... Just a thought...

alinnell 03-26-2007 12:02 PM

Frus~thankfully Trader Joe's always has a huge stock of fage yogurt! Can't wait until our Tescos opens--we'll see if they stock it or not.

I have the Thin for Life book, too. While reading it, I highlighted the important stuff so I can go back when I need that kick in the butt!

I've got a pretty busy day at work today, but can't do much until I get a couple emails returned (that's why I'm here right now!!!). Later today, I hope to walk down the street to the gym to inquire on family membership pricing and to see when DD's membership expires so we can just move hers into ours.

AquaWarlock 03-26-2007 12:56 PM

The book I just recently finished is the "No Time to Lose Diet" with DietDoctor Dr. Jampolis (recently featured on 3FCs) -- it's less scientific & mathematical than most, but really approachable -- and lots of suggestions for improving your diet & activity.

I personally like it a lot because it's a realistic & sensible approach for busy people-- and nothing in particular is restricted or off-limits (nor does the author/doctor expect you to follow-through all her recommendations, just take away and apply what you - the reader - think is best for you and continue to make gradual improvements.)

But I'm always on the lookout for great weight-loss advice books, so will give Thin for Life a looksie (will probably hold off on buying it, though, until the holidays - planning on stockpiling some Borders Rewards holiday reward $$.) :D

Whittlin 03-26-2007 12:59 PM

Amused at all the 6-pack talk. Nice, I guess, but I don't find that particularly interesting. It's the shoulders that interest me. So the 6-packs just look a little odd and make me wonder if someone needs more calories!

Opinions? Want to concentrate on reducing the waistline measurement, so what would you intelligent losers recommend? You could call what I'm doing a combo of cardio, toning, floorwork, and I switch parts around to suit myself. Have just reached 23% bodyfat. Do you believe the cardio becomes the most important waistline component now? Or do you think the floorwork needs to be emphasized? Btw, I'm probably not going to run. ;) Would walk briskly, might jog (assuming children in school, so a little limited). Don't really see myself running!

srmb60 03-26-2007 01:41 PM

Who says "good abs are made in the kitchen"? I find out and get back to ya.

Bikini Dreader 03-26-2007 01:43 PM

I believe the look of your abs comes mostly from diet. If you are eating healthily and exercising regularly, you should see a change in your waist. Core work helps to strengthen it as well. Pilates is great for that!

srmb60 03-26-2007 01:45 PM

How's this link for plenty to think on
http://www.ironmagazine.com/article12.html

greatchoice 03-26-2007 01:54 PM

Good morning ladies. It's dreary here today (and a little drizzly once in a while). I got up early to go to Curves but never made it there until 9:45. Oh well, at least that is out of the way.

I think I'm going to make some eggs for me & my son. He has to be at the school by 12:30 to get on the bus for his tennis match. He is still asleep of course!

My plan for the week is to just stay ON plan!!! I've had a really rough weekend. I basically stayed within my count but not always the best choices and I just feel like I'm sick of counting :mad: I know I'll get over it and I have lots of good food choices in the house so that should help. I also feel so much better when I don't overdo it or eat crap; you think that would be enough to keep me going, but nooooo:o

Allison, is Tesco's something I should be looking for?! Is it a grocery store like Trader Joe's? I love grocery stores!

Ok, gotta run. Have a great day. Jane

alinnell 03-26-2007 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatchoice (Post 1627014)
Allison, is Tesco's something I should be looking for?! Is it a grocery store like Trader Joe's? I love grocery stores!

Tesco's is a grocery store in the UK and we're getting one here in the Coachella Valley. I don't know if there are plans for stores down your way or not.

sweet_talker 03-26-2007 02:38 PM

Michelinwoman, I am conscious of the different types of fat the book describes too. Heart disease runs in my family, and apple shapes too. I'm more of a pear, but it stills makes me a little worried.

You - On a Diet has terrible jokes. I really couldn't stand them....but I did the book interesting. It wasn't ground breaking, but I liked that it was flexible.

I didn't find 300 gory. I find war movies gory. I am not a "gore" person. But I didn't think 300 was gory because all of the blood spatter was graphic novel style and not gross, plus everything was done in such an epic style, I was more amused by it than anything. What can I say, though? I hang out with a lot of guys!

I want a TJ's!!!

michelinwoman 03-26-2007 04:24 PM

I had to go to a search engine to find out what 300 even was (Guess I haven't been watching enough TV--and when I do, I TiVo and flip past the commercials). I gotta say, I DO like the pictures though...It'd be nice to go see a movie full of half naked guys for a change!

Cats tongue 03-26-2007 04:54 PM

So far so good today. Had a good filling breakfast and salad for lunch with super yummy yogurt too.

Ilene-I have tried Fitday, but I hate recording in it. I like to write it out by hand in my journal. I have been using it for calculating calories too. But I want to try using a book, for some reason it just appeals to me more than the internet. I dunno why, but I'm gonna look around and find a book that I like the format of and has the foods I eat on regular basis... I'm sure I'll still use fitday and calorieking here and there.

Anyway I went to aerobics today and it felt so great. I always forget how much I enjoy exercise until I actually do it... then I wonder how I could live without it.

Doughnut 03-26-2007 05:14 PM

Tescos is branching out to the states? Because you guys don't already have the biggest supermarkets in the world? I've heard it all now - I'm just interested in knowing where that particular supermarket thinks it can exploit a gap in the market. I suppose they have to do something now they've conquered Europe.

Well I had a nasty shiock on the scales this morning - 1.6lbs up. I suppose shock is the wrong word as it intimates some form of surprise. Which there wasn't. Oh well. Stayed on plan today and made my exercise session so that's something I suppose.

alinnell 03-26-2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doughnut (Post 1627322)
Tescos is branching out to the states? Because you guys don't already have the biggest supermarkets in the world? I've heard it all now - I'm just interested in knowing where that particular supermarket thinks it can exploit a gap in the market. I suppose they have to do something now they've conquered Europe.

Well I had a nasty shiock on the scales this morning - 1.6lbs up. I suppose shock is the wrong word as it intimates some form of surprise. Which there wasn't. Oh well. Stayed on plan today and made my exercise session so that's something I suppose.

Yeah, I was really surprised to hear it myself! I don't think it is planned to open for a couple more years--but there was a big article in the local paper the other day. First they were going to put in a Super Target (I would LOVE that) but that got some opposition for some reason so now Tescos is going in.

suerose 03-26-2007 08:21 PM

Hi everyone,
I lost 3 lbs this past week and a half. I am pretty happy with this and am really going to work hard on the rest of the weight. The issue for me is always....keeping it off!!
A good book I have read is "The End of Diets: Healing Emotional Hunger" Its quite good and gets at the root of the problem, I think
I have to change my diet tracker, and am working on it, but if there are two up on my e-mail you will all understand why!

lpgoad 03-26-2007 09:15 PM

Have you ever wished the earth would just come up and swallow you? I do!

sweet_talker 03-26-2007 10:22 PM

Good for you for staying on plan even with the scale being annoyin', Doughnut!

Allison, what's the difference between Super Target and Target? Just the size? I love Target, everytime I'm across the border I go.

Suerose, what sorts of things does "The End of Diets" cover? How does it help? (Just curious!)

:hug: lpgoad, I don't why you want the world to swallow you, but I don't really want that to happen to you, or anyone for that matter.

Whittlin 03-26-2007 11:10 PM

Hello to Bikini Dreader. Since the pilates-style portion of the floor moves I do are the hardest for me, that might tell me something - maybe those are ones I should concentrate on mastering!

Thanks, SusanB. Yes, a lot to think about. Upping protein and upping cardio makes a lot of sense. To me the catch phrase, "you can't spot reduce" will always be only a half-truth, though, since you certainly can retrain muscles to cinch back in and create a tighter, smaller midsection. Also, I was surprised to see the idea of giving up dairy, since so much other advice says be sure to include several daily servings!!! I have smoothies with skim milk/fruit every day just because of that advice, :?: and upping protein without dairy would be a puzzle. But then I don't ever want to be at 14 percent bodyfat like the women this writer mentions, so that makes a difference. Most of what I read suggests 1 more percent down for me to 22, "healthy normal" for a caucasian woman.

lpgoad, I don't want you swallowed either! What has happened?

Congratulations, suerose.

lpgoad 03-27-2007 08:07 AM

I quess I was just very sad last night, hubby and I had a disagreement and he can be rather nasty. So I really would not have minded if I got swallowed up. I'm better today, new day

srmb60 03-27-2007 08:11 AM

Honey, I can feel like that for no good reason. Does this happen very often?

lpgoad 03-27-2007 08:14 AM

Well if it's about money it does, that is the one subject we cannot talk about without getting in to it. He is so stubborn when it comes to money and I feel like I am dealing with a two year old.

2frustrated 03-27-2007 08:32 AM

I will lend you my kickboxing skills :boxing: then you can sort 'im out when he's being a meanie :p

:hug:

I am sick today :headache: I woke up with a migraine... But I've been asleep all morning and now it's gone :dancer: so I am going training tonight! :D DH wants me to iron shirts.. So I said I'd iron if he'd "let" me go kickboxing :lol: :D

Apart from that - it's all good. Not been to gym yet this week but am planning on a session tomorrow, weights at lunch and perhaps some treadmill in the evening depending on my knee. :)

Phew it's hot here today. I'm a big sweaty beast so I'd better jump in the shower so I can get all sweaty again tonight! :lol3:

alinnell 03-27-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet_talker (Post 1627739)
Allison, what's the difference between Super Target and Target? Just the size? I love Target, everytime I'm across the border I go.

Super Target is a regular Target with a full-sized grocery store inside. Like a Super Wal-Mart. I very much dislike Wal-Mart and won't go inside one unless I have to. But Target, well, that's a different story!! I love Target!

Frus~glad to hear your migraine is gone. I count my lucky stars that I don't get migraines.

srmb60 03-27-2007 10:33 AM

lpgoad ... into each marriage some rain must fall ... and it an awful lot of cases, it's about money. :hug: You'll work it out. :hug: Just as long as you don't feel like crawling into a hole and disappearing very often and for no good reason. There's another thread for that ... and medication ;)

I probably shouldn't say that I haven't had a migraine in ages should I? One of the perks of preimenopause apparently.

hikerchick 03-27-2007 11:08 AM

Ipgoad:hug:

Sorry about the bad day. Money is a pretty loaded topic. Its easy to get in a whirl over it. Hope you have a better week.

Happy lbs lost and sorry about lbs gained to all of you out there. I am writing from a weight black hole.

I will explain.

I fiddled with my scale last night to see if I couldn't get it to work. Stepped on it 165, 165 ,165 which was great every time the same number finally.

I was excited to see what the morning would hold. But when I got on the scale today 155! 170! WHAT!!!!!!

So I suppose I have to go out and get another one.

I am a bit anxious. One to find that my scale was innacurate the whole time and I am heavier or worse I haven't lost any weight. Completely irrational since I know my measuring tape works.

Its a mental game. I am full of fear. Time to muster up some ninja courage and do what has to be done.

Wish me luck ladies.

srmb60 03-27-2007 11:19 AM

Whittlin ....To me the catch phrase, "you can't spot reduce" will always be only a half-truth, .....

I agree with about a dozen caveats. Once we get down to a nearer slender healthy fit looking weight ... any muscle building we do will indeed change the shape of the area in question.
It's easier to explain what I mean from the other end of the journey. If Jane Doe is 80 lbs over weight but only complains about her flabby arms. The answer to her question is you can't spot reduce because what Jane really needs to do is lose some of that weight. Her arms will shrink.

Is that another of my thunk its that clear as mud?