Old 11-29-2006, 06:10 AM   #16  
Making it happen

S/C/G: 160/130/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning everyone! Good luck to everyone in detox and my advice is to use the recipes provided! They make it a lot easier to get through.

I do understand how hard it can be to stick to it when traveling also. We traveled for the extended Thanksgiving weekend and I had to carry my "special" food with me everywhere.

I had my body fat measured for the first time last night...yikes! I am 27% and the "bikini" level is 15%. I would like to be able to wear a bikini again this next summer and maybe even compete in a silly swimsuit competition just like my friends that don't have children. That may not be realistic, but I want to try for it. Maybe I'm training for that and that's why I am pushing myself so hard. Ok, those are my thoughts for the day.

Have a great day everyone!
Sarah
Old 11-29-2006, 09:04 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Okay smashers.... I need some serious support! I have gotten so far off track... and am having trouble getting back to where I need to be. Detox is even proving to be difficult for me. I had no problem with it before.

Things started getting difficult when dh started working out of town. I started eating a bit of this and a bit of that. None of which was allowed. Then... THANKSGIVING came. I haven't been able to get back on track since then. I have gained 3 lbs! I have such good intentions at the start of every day. Then.. I cave. I am not cooking meals like I was when dh was here. I know that is a huge difference. I just can't cook for just me. I seem to do pretty good up until supper. That is where I screw up.

Some words of encouragement... or advice?

Thanks,
Sherry
Old 11-29-2006, 09:36 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 194/189.5/175

Height: 5'9"

shae8230!!! Don't give up!!

Try sitting down and writing 5 GREAT things that will happen in your life if you continue with the diet successfully, and then 5 things that are probably going to happen if you continue to sabotage yourself... and then when you remember why you're doing this in the first place.... set your surroundings up for success!! Make sure you have your favorite fruits and veggies around to reach for instead of other stuff!! Cook a few meals ahead of time so you don't have to be in the kitchen all day (I cooked a pot of vegetable soup that lasted 5 days... it was nice to have something easy to reach for). AND SMILE AND HAVE SOME FUN FOR PETE'S SAKE!!! THE WHOLE POINT HERE IS TO CREATE A BETTER LIFE FOR OURSELVES!!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by shae8230 View Post
Okay smashers.... I need some serious support! I have gotten so far off track... and am having trouble getting back to where I need to be. Detox is even proving to be difficult for me. I had no problem with it before.

Things started getting difficult when dh started working out of town. I started eating a bit of this and a bit of that. None of which was allowed. Then... THANKSGIVING came. I haven't been able to get back on track since then. I have gained 3 lbs! I have such good intentions at the start of every day. Then.. I cave. I am not cooking meals like I was when dh was here. I know that is a huge difference. I just can't cook for just me. I seem to do pretty good up until supper. That is where I screw up.

Some words of encouragement... or advice?

Thanks,
Sherry
Hey Sherry, You can do this! I know YOU can!!!! Ok you fell of the wagon, its ok we all have at one time or the other but what is important is to pick yourself up and get back on the wagon. Don't beat up yourself. If you don't mind me saying it seems that you are missing DH and reaching out for comfort in food. I could be wrong. But I believe in you; just set aside some time to cook some meals so you can be prepared. I know that is my big downfall when I don't prepare then I fall off the wagon. Good luck and you can do it and we are here for you. This is what I say to myself when I get discouraged "You don't want to undo all the progress you have gained; remember you are better off now than before you started a new healthier lifestyle and just keep on Smashing"
Old 11-29-2006, 12:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

I'm back on track and I'm 2 oz. away from my last weigh-in, which is great for the two off-plan days I had this week (& Sunday was worse than Thanksgiving)! I tried on some pants today I couldn't get into a few weeks back & they fit! If I hadn't started exercising I wouldn't be able to fit into these since I haven't lost that much weight since the last time I tried them on.

What I did to counteract my two bad days was to keep my calories somewhat low for the rest of the week so that figuring them out for the whole week they average no more 1400 calories a day. On Sunday I figured I ate around 2600 calories so that really goofed me up. I'm not hungry and I feel good so it's working.

juggernaut113 - Feeling good and the benefit for skin & nails is a bonus to me of eating healthy. We know how we should eat but most of us just don't do it until we find a plan we can actually stick with.

Gretchen - You might want to start trying Beano. I have to actually eat two during a meal that has beans or anything with a lot of fiber. I can't imagine eating some of the foods I used to eat. The thought of some of those foods makes me sick!

littlebumblebee - Welcome to the group and it sounds like you're really planning ahead.

Gabby - Go to the recipe section and be prepared (make some foods ahead of time) so you won't run out of variety. There are cartons of "egg white" substitutes but I actually used Egg Beaters. 1/4 c. equals one egg. I normally use 1/2 cup to make scrambled eggs.

I cannot stand plain yogurt, even doctored up. In the book it just states lowfat yogurt. I used the light yogurts that were 60-80 calories a carton.

Sarah - You've got plenty of time until next summer to get into a bikini. You're doing so good that I think it's a great goal.

Sherry - I thought I was losing it too after Thanksgiving and was so scared to get back to square one that I guess my mindset clicked again since the one detox day set me straight. You need to stop excusing yourself from cooking because dh is away. Think of the single people that are making this work for them.

For me it was more difficult cooking for me and then trying to make something my husband could eat (along with my foods since he liked most of my dishes, too). Think about yourself and your goals. Then start cooking FS foods so you have things prepared for detox. Pretend you're just starting and try to get that excitement back.

Try drinking more water or tea. Try working out, even just a little. Both of these things usually help me get over a bad urge to eat or binge.

Normally this is the year I get out of control & start packing on the pounds. It feels so good being in control again and fitting into pants I couldn't a few weeks ago.

And keep posting here. I know you've been busy but it seems you've lost control when you also haven't been posting much. I think this support system is another thing that helped me get back on track. We're all behind you here and want to see you succeed. Everyone else's success keeps me motivated.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:27 PM   #21  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Default Hi all

Just dropping in to say howdy...I'll post again tomorrow.

Hugs
Ladean
Old 11-29-2006, 10:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 254/233.6/140

Height: 5'4

Default Day 3!!

OK!! I AM TOTALLY EXCITED!! I made it past day 3! I feel ok, however my face looks HORRIBLE!! I have had several breakouts on my face!! Has this happened to anyone else?!? Is this a way for my body to get rid of the impurities?!?!

I discovered Amy's veggie burgers! YUMMY!! My family had hamburgers and fries while I ate my veggie burger with tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms!

I think overall I have done well with the eating. Water has not been an issue...I'm peeing water!! However, exercise...it's not happening. I was at Wal-Mart and saw an eliptical for $225. I think that might be my Christmas present to myself. I fell in love with the eliptical machine in the gym several years ago.

I hope to be down under 240 by the end of December. That is a totally easy goal to meet. 235 would be nice!

Hope to see you all "slimmer"!!

Gretchen
Old 11-30-2006, 07:56 AM   #23  
Making it happen

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbuckweet View Post
OK!! I AM TOTALLY EXCITED!! I made it past day 3! I feel ok, however my face looks HORRIBLE!! I have had several breakouts on my face!! Has this happened to anyone else?!? Is this a way for my body to get rid of the impurities?!?!

I discovered Amy's veggie burgers! YUMMY!! My family had hamburgers and fries while I ate my veggie burger with tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms!

I think overall I have done well with the eating. Water has not been an issue...I'm peeing water!! However, exercise...it's not happening. I was at Wal-Mart and saw an eliptical for $225. I think that might be my Christmas present to myself. I fell in love with the eliptical machine in the gym several years ago.

I hope to be down under 240 by the end of December. That is a totally easy goal to meet. 235 would be nice!

Hope to see you all "slimmer"!!

Gretchen
Go Gretchen!
I love the veggie burger's too. I also love the eliptical machine at the gym. To me it's the king of calorie burning!
My face really broke out too during detox but I blamed it on the sweating from exercise...hmm I wonder if it is a cleansing.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:00 AM   #24  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi,
I am reading the posts from and to Sherry and trying to take them in and apply them to me. I did so great through October and then in November I lost tiny bits of weight and then gained. So now I'm basically about where I was a month ago. I am still in ONE-derland and I'm happy about that but I am not progressing and it is because I've been having this battle with myself. Slide a little, pull back a little... that's how it goes. I didn't walk Mon or Tues. Then I walked yesterday and felt worlds better. But then, after a good breakfast and a good lunch, I ate a whole row/sleeve of Girl Scout thin mints on the way home (which is like a 5 minute drive). I lost that battle.

On the good side, I had some leftover delicious food from going out to dinner a few nights ago with some people from work... I was going to throw the leftovers away (saying to myself "having it once was bad enough... you don't need to have it again") but I didn't actually throw it away. When I got home I took it out, thought about adding some to my brown rice... then not... then getting a spoon to have a "taste"... then not... then telling myself to throw it away... then pausing... it was this crazy battle between me and the styrophome container on the counter... so finally I just yelled inside myself (like a battle cry) and quick, grabbed it, and threw it in the garbage, and smushed it down! I won that battle.

I remember why I started FS. It is my 40th birthday present to myself. I do want that gift. I may have to fight small battles in my kitchen... and in the world... but I WILL win the overall fight. I will have that gift. I called my friend last night to talk about something unrelated but by the end of the conversation she, a personal trainer, made an appt to come here next week and get me started. When I started Phase 4 I was supposed to start weight training and I didn't. So she will help me. That was a positive step. I don't want this few months of holiday season to be a typical same old-same old for me... where I slide... and gain... and give up. I really want this one to be different. I am making a scrapbook of my progress and I think I'd better add in a bit about this struggle so I can remember and learn from it. I hope I continue to hold steady and take it one day... one meal...one hour, at a time and not give in. I still have lost 26 or more pounds. That's mine and I'm keeping it.

I wrote all of this to really help myself sort it out. Thanks for reading. Thanks for your endless support. I think I will try to find a way to post more often so I can keep myself from drowning. Sherry, I hope this helps you too in some way. Your post sure helped me. It helped me say "hey, That's me!" and "ok, lets face the music here."

Have a great day everyone. Be strong!

Old 11-30-2006, 09:01 AM   #25  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

A quick hello to all of you beautiful smashers!! My pc is down at home
again!! we are exspecting some nasty weather here in Texas!! lol
I have missed all of you. I havent had time to read, iam at work!!
Has everyone done any decorating for xmas? I need to get my tree up
this weekend. I fell off the wagon yesterday . lol But the good news
is that iam back on this am and detoxing my mind and body.throught
sunday at least. lol Wishing all a great and very blessed day. Hope to see my pc up and running when i return from work. If not have a great day and
remember im thinking about you.
LOVE YA!
LINDA
Old 11-30-2006, 11:22 AM   #26  

Not much new going on with me personally today. Still on track with eating and exercising but gained 2 oz. again today. I don't want to drop my daily calories until I straighten out this past week of having two bad days. So after this week I'll try the 1400 calories next week and see if the scale moves down. If not, I'm down another 100.

It's funny, though, that during these low cal days after Sunday's bad day, I really haven't been hungry like I thought I'd be. I have little hunger pangs but they're the good ones letting me know I'm not eating too much. So if I have to continue dropping my calories until I reach goal, I guess that's what I'll have to do.

Ladean - Good to hear from you.

Gretchen - I think I read something about detoxing (I think it was about fasting), where you might break out as your body is getting rid of toxins. You're doing so good!

Sarah - I was looking at machines in the store yesterday and since I've never joined a gym (I've always worked out at home), I've never tried an elliptical. If I'm serious about purchasing a machine I'll have to try it out in the store.

happyface - I think coming here & writing down my bad days has helped me keep in line. Hope you keep winning the battle. You've come too far to fall back.

Linda - I work from home mostly so it's a real pain when my pc is down. Since we're still working on my office we have a temporary set-up in the kitchen. The Internet kept going down all the time & it was maddening. Then my son switched a cable and it's been fine. Silly little things that make such a big difference.

My husband put up some of the exterior decorations over the weekend since our weather was nice & warm (Chicago suburb). We've got a lot going on this weekend with our remodeling so I'll wait for the inside stuff until we get that finished. I've got hardwood floors going in the office/family room and my granddaughter's wood floors are getting refinished. We're getting a lot of new furniture & haven't even shopped yet (although I've done some pre-shopping), since we can't have anything delivered until the floors are done. So we'll be shopping this weekend and I'm excited about finally getting our rooms back to better than normal since the bad storm we had.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:04 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 194/189.5/175

Height: 5'9"

It is Day 8 and I am at 188 lbs... so for the past 4-5 days I've only lost 1.5 lbs., which is a little disappointing after reading about some of the other results people have experienced during detox. Also, maybe I set my expectations a bit high after one of the diets I have used in the past where a pound a day was normal. I guess in reality, it not very healthy to lose weight that way. The good news is that I feel really good and my body looks noticeably different - more tone. I guess it's just in my nature to want results immediately and not want to go through the process. I thought about going to phase 2 a little early, reasoning that 9 days is arbitrary anyways, but I came this far so I might as well keep going and see where the path leads. Today I'm going to focus on just accepting where I am today and enjoying this process of creating a healthier life. Have a great day everybody.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:12 PM   #28  

Last night was a little bit of a struggle since I felt that "I want something to eat" thing even though I knew I wasn't physically hungry. It wasn't that strong so I was able to keep it at bay. I felt tired yesterday & attributed it to my hatred of winter. We've had some really nice days & it did a full turn with cold weather overnight and lots of snow. I wish I lived somewhere else! Thinking of becoming a snowbird in AZ (my parents lived in Mesa for around 20 yrs. & I love it - we also have friends that live there). However, it's hard to move permanently when my kids & grandkids live here. My parents left us behind but I can't do that.

Still playing around with the same 2 oz. but better oz. than lbs. Just wish I could drop below my last weigh-in. Maybe another detox day is in order. Maybe Sunday or Monday again.

juggernaut113 - Although 1 1/2 lbs. is better than nothing, I still feel your disappointment. However, I snuck a weigh-in prior to the 9th day of detox and I hadn't lost much so I was really surprised when I lost 4 lbs. by the 10th day. Hang in there because feeling good & healthy is another benefit that's hard to lose once you're experiencing it. You might not lose much during detox but maybe you'll get a whooosh sometime during Phase II.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:53 PM   #29  
Making it happen

Good morning everyone.
Judy- I feel your pain. I'm in WI and it's cold and snowy here too.

juggernaut113- I can't seem to stay off the scale so I sneak all of the time. I'm sorry you are disappointed with your weightloss but the experts say that a slow weight loss means you are more likely to keep it off!

I cheated a bit yesterday. I had a second bowl of cereal in the morning instead of sticking with something I hadn't already met for the day. Could of been worse I guess. I lost another inch on my waist and my hips this morning. My body fat is now down to 26%!! My husband has started working out with me 3 times a week. It's nice to have the company! I went grocery shopping this morning and pretty much put my entire family on the fat smash diet with lean meats, lots of veggies, wheaties cereal, oatmeal, ect, and very few treats, except more dairy for them of course.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Sarah
Old 12-01-2006, 10:21 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Hey Everyone,

Thanks so much for the supportive posts. I feel like I am back in control again. Thank goodness. I was in panic mode. lol. I felt myself slipping and I felt helpless. Of course, I wasn't. I just got off track.

I can tell you all that I WON'T be eating everything I want for Christmas. I thought I could eat a "normal" Thanksgiving meal and get right back on track. NOT! So, I will do much better for Christmas.

I am also going to post daily. It does help. I got busy and thought that I didn't need to post as much. I DO need to post. Even if I mess up.. I need to post it.

I got food that I can cook ahead of time and freeze. So, I will have meals waiting when I get ready to eat. I do really good at breakfast and lunch. It is supper that I was having trouble with. But... I wasn't eating every 3 hours and I wasn't eating snacks. I also wasn't drinking water.

I feel so bloated. It will take a few days for me to get all of that crud out of my system. But... I am ready!

Have a great night,
Sherry