Old 10-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #16  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLover View Post
Hi, I'm very new. In fact, I'm starting Phase I today. My husband brought home the Book on Friday. Some of his coworkers have lost weight on this plan. He knows that I've really been struggling since this summer. I'm a Weight Watcher Lifetime over goal, but can't seem to get back on WW and stick w/it. I keep starting and stopping meetings, and wasting so much money. I read most of the book, and I'm impressed. I'm looking forward to this detox as I have been eating so bad, and I know I'm full of so much junk. I was on the net last night surfing for a good site where I could get support on the new plan, and I was motivated when I came to this site. I'm excited about this journey. I want to lose 30 pounds for sure.
Hello and welcome to the fat smashers!! yes we can do it!! So happy you decided to join our great support board. Ok, the past is the past!! lol
lets go for the first day of your new life!! You can do it girl!! we are here for you , just let us know how we can help. lol Have agreat day friend. Hope to see you post often, so we can get to know you and you us. Have a good smashing day.
Hugs LInda
Old 10-23-2006, 12:52 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'4"

Julie, that is so awesome! I was to that point too. I thought maybe I was not made to lose anymore weight, but I knew that I would not be happy staying this way. I'm not going to weigh myself either. I want to be excited a surprised. I owe that to myself after such a hard summer trying to lose weight. I'll have some kind of idea just the way my clothes fit. They are all so snug now, so when I lose, I'll be able to tell.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:55 PM   #18  

Linda, thanks! Everybody here has been so super nice. I won't be able to post so much during the days, since I'm usually teaching everyday. But I'll try to pop in during the evenings when I can. I just had my second meal, and I got full to quick I think. I had 1/2 a cumcumber. 4 phase 1 oatmeal cookies, grapes, and some water. So weird. But this book says to eat until satisfied, not to get stuffed.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:26 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 195/193/125

Height: 5'5

Hi everybody! What wonderful posts to start the week! I, too, woke up this morning with a great attitude. I did 70 crunches this morning (our kitten staring at me the entire time, and I have to say I did not appreciate the audience), and I've grown to love steel-cut oats with fruit for breakfast. This morning I mixed in diced plum - yummy!

Fahsion Nellie - Congrats on the 10 lbs! My official weigh-in day is Thursday (I can't wait to post on the weigh-in thread) and I am not going to peek! Not. Going. To. Do. It.

Golden Lover - Welcome! Detox isn't easy - I'm on day 7 - but it's doable and I feel better and I am sleeping better than I have for months...maybe years.

TimmyShawn - I'm so glad you're feeling better. I'm a bit worried about Phase II myself, since I'm a fanatic about cheese (close to Wallace and Grommit level!) but I'm going to be strong. I've been walking for my exercise but I know I need to step it up and I actually just (gulp) joined a gym.

Jenn - You mean you aren't supposed to celebrate your birthday for a week?

I had a good weekend - even made it through judging the pumpkin recipe contest ok - I took the tiniest bites imaginable and kind of squished them around my mouth so as to get the flavor to judge fairly but not really eat much. The hardest part was Sunday morning when I made a big southern breakfast (I'm originally from Alabama) but I was strong and after I got everybody served I ate my oatmeal with raspberries and was content. Bacon sure smelled good though, and I think those may have been the fluffiest biscuits I've ever baked! Go figure...

Whew - long post - happy smashing, everyone!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:39 PM   #20  
brandilynn24

S/C/G: 317/266/199

Height: 5'6

Boy oh boy, what a bunch of busy posters you all have been today!! I woke up energized this morning like the rest of you. What a great feeling!! Two more days till I can officially weigh in agian.

Shae8320- Great job on the pie tastin!!

GoldenLover- You can do this and were all here for you!

FashinNellie- Congrats on your 10 lbs!!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #21  

Hi all! It was a good weekend, no slip ups!! I am on day 5 of detox. My mini goal was to make to day nine with no cheats at all, only 4 more to go...whoo hoo!

So far I love the diet! Hope you all are doing well!

I spent the day cleaning and playing with my little one. She is just amazing. She is 11 months and learning new things everyday. She is so busy, it is exciting to watch her learn new things! I just love being a mom!!

Have a great evening all!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 223/199/186

Height: 5'7"

Evening smashers!

Well, i went out of town to see my sister this past 4 days. It was the first time since i started that i wasn't in my comfort zone. I'm really proud of myself! Only cheated on 6 French Fries from McDonalds! I also worked out everyday!! Meanwhile my family all had McDonalds, Pizza, Dairy Queen, and Bacon! YEA ME!!!

Especially since i lost 4 pounds this week!!

Just wanted to share my excitement!!

I've been up'n my workouts to 2 a day. Tonight i burned 945 calories!! I started running on my treadmill for 30 minutes on Saturday. Haven't done that in about 2 years. It felt GREAT!!

I'm really lovn' life now!! SOOO Greatful of this!!

Keep smashn' everyone! It's WORTH IT!!

I actually see ONEDERLAND as a reality by the middle of November!! I can't wait!!!

I have 3 home parties this week and the hostesses always have awesome foods-cookies, chocolates, goodies. I feel comfident going into the parties and saying NO, i'll just have H20 or the veggies & fruit. I can't say i've felt that way in the past.

My DH says he's noticed that he hasn't seen my hair around anymore. I've definitely stopped losing it. Skin is clearer, nails longer, and i feel less stressed with my 4 kids (8, 6,6,2 years).

I LOVE THIS!!!

Dorrene
Old 10-24-2006, 10:20 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Good Morning!

Everyone is doing so good!! Tomorrow is my weigh in. I feel lighter. lol.

I am trying to figure out what Joshua is going to be for Halloween. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a costume that he probably won't want to wear. He hates hats and things on his head. I am thinking of dressing him up as a clown and painting his face. That is if he will let me get near his face with paint. He doesn't even like me to wash his face.

Hope you all have a "smashing" day!

Sherry
Old 10-24-2006, 11:38 AM   #24  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Weighed in this morning -- TOM is in 2 days and I am sick. I am up 2 pounds but that was a "ooopsss forgot to weigh in" and did so after having my breakfast smoothie (helped my sore throat!).

Hope the week goes well for you chickies. My butt is going back to bed!
Old 10-24-2006, 12:15 PM   #25  
brandilynn24

S/C/G: 317/266/199

Height: 5'6

Well, I hope everyone is having a good day, The sun is out here I haven't seen it in weeks it seems! Well I cant wait tomorrow is the weigh in, and my jeans are feeling so loose. I washed them then dried them on high heat and it was so awesome not to worry about them not being tight!! I refuse to go and buy another pair till I skip a size! What a nice feeling it will be to go and get new clothes!! Well back to work, have a smashing day ladies!

Jenne- Im sorry you dont feel good, hope you get better. Dont worry over those 2 pounds, I bet its from your breakfast. When I weigh myself when I first get up, within 10 min I usually weigh a few pounds more. Kind of weird, but after I weigh in I drink a 20 oz bottle of water, then get ready for work, then eat a mini breakfast, and I sometimes get back on the scale just to see.

Shae8320-Tomorrow is my weigh in too...Good luck. My neice is the same way with halloween costumes. She likes to wear hats, but only when SHE wants too. She was an antenae-less lady bug last year for most of the night! I dont know what you have in your area, but K-mart, Family dollar, had awesome prices on there costumes, especially for toddlers. My sister bought a tinkerbell costume for 5 bucks, from family dollar. And at K-mart most of there's were between 7 and 13$. They had a much bigger selection.

Last edited by brandilynn24; 10-24-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:18 PM   #26  

Well day 2 is going well so far. I went to work today, and I only had one problem. I'm a teacher, and I stuck to my eating schedule, but did not have enough time to finish all of my food. I was not hungry though. Is this ok? This plan is easier than I thought. Last night, I was hungry, but not too much. But today I'm not hungry much. I'm just so busy. I took off yesterday because of TOM, but I really think that this plan is going to work for me. And the Detox of all things is not near as hard as I thought.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:30 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

One of my favorite foods is beans, but I've been "beaned out" and needed to try some different recipes. I tried a simple "Cream" of Mushroom Soup (no cream in it) and it was great. I got it on another group and am not sure if it's posted here.

Went to the thrift store for my costume (Ugly Betty) and came home without the vest! I don't know if she didn't bag it or if it fell out of the bag when I was walking to the car or what. I have to go back since it was perfect. Hope I can find it. I tried a few but the goofy vest I thought I purchased was "the one."

My dh is in a band that plays a big Halloween party every year. The costumes are unbelievable. They never gave the band awards but since Halloween is my favorite holiday the 1st year I went with dh I dressed him as Marge Simpson. Of course, he also acted the part & they said they changed their rules so they could give him an award. We both won for his Ozzie Osborn (we were Ozzie & "Harriet") & he won scariest costume a couple of years ago on a rush job that we didn't think had a chance.

Back to the thrift store...
Old 10-24-2006, 06:55 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

I'm here! I'm here! I've been so busy that I haven't been able to check in like i usually do! Still going strong!!
Catch ya'll later, it's supper time!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:02 PM   #29  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Default One week of Phase II done!

Well today was day 7 on phase II. I have done very well with the exception of Octoberfest at the kids pre-school where we ate brats and cabbage! And then tonight when I made homemade chicken nuggets for the kids and wanted to taste them (I only ate one).

I will admit, I am really missing pasta and potatoes! Only 2 more weeks and I can add whole wheat pasta and bread. I like whole wheat bread, but I've never had whole wheat pasta -- how does it taste? Am I really going to be missing my white pasta?

Looking forward to stepping on the scale next weekend!

to the newbies! These folks are great!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Old 10-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Jenn~ I hope you feel better soon.

brandilynn~ I think I decided to dress him in a pair of jean overalls that have lots of different colors on them. Someone gave them to us... And then paint him a little clown face. That way he will be dressed up, but not uncomfortable. Isn't it so cool when your clothes fit loose?

GoldenLover~ I think that as long as you were satisfied and not still hungry that it is okay that you didn't get to eat all of your food. A lot of the food in phase 1 have lots of fiber and they will fill you up faster. Are you still hungry at night? When I get hungry... I eat a piece of fruit. Fills me up. And fruits are unlimited.

Judy~ We love beans, too. But I have started limiting them to twice a week. I don't want to get burned out on them. Did you get your vest?? The halloween party sounds fun.

Wide~ I was wondering about ya! Glad that you are still here. What's for supper??

Bonnie Jean~ I would have had trouble eating just one chicken nugget. I am like a big kid when it comes to them. I love them! I have had whole wheat pasta. It isn't bad. The texture is different, of course. But, I think it does better with sauces than the white. I like it.

Linda!!!! Hope you aren't sick again. Miss ya.

Have a great night!

Sherry