Old 10-08-2006, 05:14 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 231/225/135

Height: 5'4"

Dorrene, Shea and Happyface~ it is good to read about your quest for onderland. Its gives some of us newbies incentive.

I've only been smashing for 15 days and so far so good. I think I have finally kicked the virus that laid me low so I'll start back trying to get some exercise going.

I had meatless red/black beans and rice for lunch today. It really was very good. I'll post the recipe on the other forum. That and corn on the cob made for a tasty meal.

Shae~ I chuckled when I read about your pizza experience. I toyed with getting a pizza but had thought it would probably make the reflux really bad again. And after your experience I was probably right. Glad it tasted good going down.

I've given myself a mental image to help me keep on track. A wheelchair. I feel like if I can't get this weight off now I'll be in a wheelchair before too many years. I have too many health issues that weight makes worse. Everytime I reach for or think about something I shouldn't I think of the wheelchair. It works for me.

This forum is also very good for me. I don't feel like I'm going it alone.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #77  

Default Peanuts??

I've looked in the book and cannot find any reference to peanuts.

Does anyone know if roasted in the shell peanuts fit into the program and if yes, which phase?

Thanks
Old 10-08-2006, 07:33 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

dweeb~ no idea on the peanuts, sorry!

So another day, no cheating!!! BUT tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in Canada and I am going to have turkey.I can go without the stuffing and potatoes no problem, but I have to have a little turkey!
I'm planning on Phase 1 till my jaw heals up properly anyway. I am going to have oral surgery on Friday so the extra 3-4 days on phase 1 will be good.
Maybe after surgery I'll actually WANT the medium tofu! LOL!
Have a great evening/night!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:42 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

dweeb~ I got this from the fat smash yahoo group database...

<<Can I have nuts in Phase 2?

Nuts can be started on Phase II and to follow the amount carefully in the snack section.>>

I assume he means the snack section in the book.

Sherry
Old 10-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shae8230 View Post
dweeb~ I got this from the fat smash yahoo group database...

<<Can I have nuts in Phase 2?

Nuts can be started on Phase II and to follow the amount carefully in the snack section.>>

I assume he means the snack section in the book.

Sherry
Thanks for the info. Nice to add a snack that's not fruit.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #81  
Behold the Green and Gold

Height: 5'8

I'm glad everyone is doing well, i've been getting off track a little, the first phase i lost 7 pounds, but i haven't lost anything after that, so i think i will go back to phase 1. good luck everyone!!
Old 10-08-2006, 11:31 PM   #82  

Hi wanna be skinny! Welcome to the group. I got my book from amazon.com. It was pretty reasonable. I will PM you with more info...

Hi GoldenNSU~ 7 lbs is great. I like phase one so much that I hardly ever vary from it. I should be in phase 3 now. I eat some of the phase two foods on occasion. I just feel better eating the phase one foods. Good luck to you, as well.

Sherry

Last edited by shae8230; 10-08-2006 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:16 AM   #83  

So yesterday I didn't eat as well as I wanted, but today I stayed on track. I didn't eat as often as I wanted (grocery shopping took FOREVER and we had to close the pool up) but I made good choices. I haven't weighed in, but I think I will stretch phase 1 a few days and weigh in next Sunday. On a good note, I went over a girlfriends house this evening and her mom was asking if I lost weight! I said I didn't really think so but she said my face looked thinner. I guess I'm doing something right!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 07:28 AM   #84  

Hey Smashers! We have started a new thread... Come join us:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95601

SEE YA THERE!!!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 04:18 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 185.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'10"

Well after being gone for almost three weeks I am back starting day one of phase 1 again today. I went of it because after three and 1/2 weeks I had only lost 8.5 pounds and 8 of that was in phase one. I got frustrated and the food was expensive, but after three weeks of eating poorly,not the whole time,,but definitely getting into bad habits and feeling like crap I am back on it. I hate being ruled by my cravings and one thing I realized is how easy it was and how good I felt after the first few days. I only gained back 3 pounds, so hopefully I can lose a few and stick with it. I think my problems happened in Phase 2 I started adding foods and got slack...then started cheated here and there...can't do that. I will probably stick to Phase one for awhile, maybe adding tuna and chicken after a couple weeks, but that is it...wish me luck